Do you drink any diet soda?

Options

Replies

• paleirishmother
    Options
    I drink it, I still lose weight just fine.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering if its Okay to drink diet Pepsi, diet soda while trying to lose weight..
    I read some people say it's still will make you fat and some says its Okay.
    So i decided to ask you guys!
    :D

Like it's my job. I weigh in the low 100's.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Easy there slugger

wpid3173-DSC3744.jpg

This! I know financially and even probably from a health perspective, I'd be better off drinking water. Every attempt, even with trying to switch to carbonated water, has been a dismal failure. It just makes me instantly happy, just about every time I drink one. My preferred diet beverages have stevia or some other "natural" sweetener, but as long as a drink is vegan, I'll usually drink it.
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I drink a coke zero every day or so, usually in the late afternoon to distract me from snacking before dinner. I don't find it makes me hungry. I'm not thrilled with the chemicals in it, but I don't smoke, I barely drink alcohol, I otherwise don't each much processed food and I'm vegetarian, I can have one vice!
  • Ninjoe42
    Options
    I drink diet soda, literally nothing to it, it's basically just carbonated sugar water. People are gonna tell you its not natural, and that there's chemicals. But check the ingredients, its just caramel coloring, CO2, and Aspertane (which is an artificial sweetener you don't even digest). I've seen conflicting reports of it causing any behavioral changes in how you eat, but it wont cause any harm all on its own.
  • mhanley1961
    Options
    Guilty as charged here. I am a diet pepsi freak, and the only drawback I see are the elevated sodium levels, but they dont effect me very much. BTW, I lost 70 pounds in 2008 and I was drinking 2 liters of diet pepsi a day. Back to taking 20 pounds off, but not due to drinking diet sode :)
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering if its Okay to drink diet Pepsi, diet soda while trying to lose weight..

water water water is your BFF for loosing wt and feeling good and health...
    i have ice tea at times.. hot tea and like once a wk if that soda.. (regular) diet is bad for you w/chemicals n such and makes u more hungry and also has the chemical in you that reacts like sugar anyway! so i venture the regular.. also cuz i think diet tastes like shi* LOL
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

I drink coke zero. there are lots of people who will tell you diet soda will kill you but they casually forget to mention that crossing the road might kill you, too.

This, on both counts. I love some Coke Zero and the cherry variation. I take in around 5 cans per day, and I've lost nearly 20 pounds in two months. Your mileage may vary. I love caffeine, and had to find something to replace the coffee I was drinking all day every day, as the creamer was destroying my caloric intake every day.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke all day when i'm at my primary job location and coke zero when i'm at my secondary location (both have coke products just different selections). in fact i drink so much diet coke my manager has started threatening to make me pay for the syrup boxes! the only side effect i experience is headaches on my off days.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Everyone keeps talking about the sodium in diet pop--which brands are you talking about? I've never noticed much sodium if any in my drinks.
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Only when I want one.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    What I've heard is it's okay to drink diet soda pop in moderation, so I do. I've also heard it's not okay to drink it on an empty stomach, so I don't. If I do have some diet soda pop I make sure I'm eating food with it! :-)
  • denam2000
    Options
    I was hooked on pepsi and then started packing on the pounds and the Doctor told me that pop, soda (whatever people call it) was the number on cause of weight gain! So I told him I would go to diet and he said that could almost me worse then regular. So all in all it isn't good for you diet or no diet! It was hard for the first week, week and a half but I have not had one in almost 3 years!! You can do and it is well worth it!!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke, not everyday, but ill have a can or two a week.
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I tried to stop drinking my diet coke and I found it was one of the main things keeping me hydrated. I have been drinking diet coke throughout my weight loss journey and the pounds keep coming off...
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    No. None. Just Water and 1 coffee in the morning, that's it!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    No I don't as it makes me very bloated, plus i"m not a fan of artifical sweeteners (chemicals)
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I don't drink diet pop. But then again I am not a big fan of sodas anyway. I'll take cool refreshing water over anything else.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Been soda free (and I loved diet Pepsi) since 8/1/12. It may be low cal but there is other crap in it that is no good for you. I miss it at times but have found healthy replacements.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options

I am not sure how it will affect you weight BUT...I have Epilepsy and my Neurologist strongly urged me to stay away from anything with artificial sweeteners in it. Lucky for me I hate the taste of it. I have never been a diet soda fan but I used to drink regular Coke like it was going out of style. It didn't help my waist line that is for sure.