DOES ANYONE ELSE FALL OFF THE WAGON ON THE WEEKENDS?

Options

Replies

• corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I still eat well but alcohol comes into play on the weekends. Plus I may snack a bit more. I also force myself to go for a walk so I get some exercise.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the best we can do is sit around naked and drunk on a weekday yelling at the TV in a Rosie Perez voice.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I am Indiana Jones. I hang onto it with my whip while being dragged behind it.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Almost every weekend I fall off the wagon. I'm not sure why. I can't even get to the gym. Seems like if I'm not in my routine of work, then gym I'm not going. I have no children or commitments holding me back, its just my inner lazy fat girl.
    The same goes for my eating habits, I eat like crap on the weekends, I think part of it is my husbands influence, but he does not make me put the crap in my mouth.
    Any advice for me?

It happens to us all....i've even had times where I've not only fell off the wagon but got run over by it too!! Dust yourself off and keep going!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I went on a weekend getaway this weekend...to Vegas.

I'm not sure I would classify it as 'falling off the wagon'

jump-1.jpg

I think the above is more accurate a depiction of the fall I took.
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    This post, all of it, is my BIGGEST problem. No kids, 2 dogs, a fmily of hecticness - but no real reason not to do so well. I need structure, and on the weekends that goes out the window. I don't eat "bad" per say, but there are times I'll only eat once or twice a day on the weekends. UGH!!! Glad to see I'm not alone.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't usually track on the weekends. But I don't worry, I am 10x more active on the weekends. Cleaning house, laundry, working outside raking and mowing. Plus, that's the only time we go hiking or out walking around downtown bars/restaurants. I eat a bit more or drink on occasion but I am moving much. much more than when I sit at my desk for 8 hours Mon-Fri.
  • runningfool30
    runningfool30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me it really isn't "Falling" as much as sprinting off of the wagon on weekends. My first goal is to do really well Monday through Friday and focus on those days, then I will introduce weekends in to the mix.
  • wooddie14
    wooddie14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think everybody does this occasionally because "life" gets in the way but you have to commit on the weekends too. Just try to do something on the weekend that is fun and keeps you going and keeps you active. House work, yard work, walk to the library, mall, etc. Heck...if you haven't joined a gym yet, do it...there are planty of things going on at the gym on weekends...fitness classes etc. The worse thing to do is sit down for a marathon TV session, then you tend to bring on the bad eating habits as well. I have to keep myself busy or I'll bring back the bad habits so do things that keep you busy!!

I have to remind myself of this quote now and again. "Laziness grows on people; it begins in cobwebs and ends in iron chains. The more one has to do, the more he/she is able to accomplish." Like I said, keep yourself busy!! Good luck!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    advice? for me, it just took some time of the repeated bad behaviors to realize it wasn't worth it, and learning to balance the things i like in moderation.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You sound like you're living my life!! LOL I feel your pain. I picked up a weekend job that requires me to be on my feel the whole shift so I do get a little exercise and I don't eat while I am there for the most part. Just coffee and the random "new recipe" my boss makes me try.
  • sisswright
    sisswright Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have big problems on the weekends. And of course I have so many excuses, 1. I dont exercise so I have limited calories. 2. I live at home and I dont have a lot of money to always stock the house with what is healthy so im left with whatever my family has in the house which is far from healthy or fresh. 3. Events or Parties. 4. Boredom

I think it's a lot of mentally preparing for the weekend, and I love what some people have posted oin here about staying busy and exercising first thing in the morning and planning ahead... bascially having a structured-ish weekend.

It's very discouraging to lose a couple pounds and then put them back on over the weekend and spend the week trying to lose them again... It's definitely my biggest battle and hurdle im stilll trying to get over.
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use to but I changed my weigh in day to Monday so it keeps me accountable on the weekend because if I fall off it hurts my weigh in. It has been working to keep me strong on the weekend for sure.

This is such a great idea!!! I always weigh in on Saturday bc that's my lowest weight. I'm gonna try this next weigh in.

PS- you're a genius! 
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I'm so focused Monday thru Friday but then the weekend hits and I run a train on everything. I use it as motivation on Monday to hit the gym and give it 110%. Food gives you energy so if you over eat use that energy at the gym.

:happy:
  • ggof
    ggof Posts: 41
    Options
    i do too but i try to limit it to normal eating rather than treats (crisps, choc) ..
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Almost every weekend I fall off the wagon. I'm not sure why. I can't even get to the gym. Seems like if I'm not in my routine of work, then gym I'm not going. I have no children or commitments holding me back, its just my inner lazy fat girl.
    The same goes for my eating habits, I eat like crap on the weekends, I think part of it is my husbands influence, but he does not make me put the crap in my mouth.
    Any advice for me?

I'm guilty too of falling of the wagon on the weekends. What's helped me is to -
    **log everything no matter how ugly it looks
    **work out!!!!! no matter how bad my eating habits are on the weekends I try to get at least one big sweaty work out in
    **make a walking/hiking/jogging/ biking date with a friend on the weekend. that way you are locked into a fun work out
    **"pig out sunday"..I allow myself to eat whatever I want on Sunday with the promise that I'll stay on track Friday and Saturday!

It's hard, everyone is off their usual routine on the weekend just knuckle down and hang in there!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance calories one day during the weekend. However, I also work out heavy on the weekends because I have more time. I NEVER go over my maintenance calories, I'd suggest trying to do that on the weekend, so at the very least, you aren't putting yourself gain weight zone.
  • garnetgold
    garnetgold Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weekends are horrible! I do good for most of the day, then raid the cabinets. Another planned week to work off the weekend... Hopefully this week I can work out double to work it off and stay on track. I am thinking about giving myself a couple hundred extra calories available for the weekend and a couple more glasses of water to see if I can stop going over on the weekends.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Being home with my boyfriend makes it much easier to cheat. Plus I tend to drink on the weekends too. Ugghh. I will just have to be as good as I can be during the week.
  • chrissy_1
    chrissy_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do, and I'm pissed at my scale results this morning....so pissed that I want to throw it all away. Mainly because I didn't fall off too bad, but yet the scale says I did. FRUSTRATED!