Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for March

Options

Replies

• Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my 2nd 30 day challenge now. Every third day in rotation, I'm adding in 30 minutes of free step on my wii fit plus with the risers, the next day the intense upper body workout on EASA, then yoga on the third, my rest day from the challenge. If I can meet my mini goal of losing at least 6 pounds by the end of my challenge, I'd like to get the yoga game they make for the wii. If anyone has used it, I'd love to hear their feedback on it :flowerforyou:

Cathy
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Vanillagirl, IndianGirl, Sonjavon, Ocnluv616, SugarHi, ksnowras, firegirlred, jawhwilson, lweb10. Cathyvil – Welcome!

Ressy, most of my exercise is the Wii Fit and I do think you can loose weight with it. Which Wii you will like depends on where you are starting from. It is lower impact and lower cardio than some other, but for me it is a good fit.

Jane, Michele, Hollyroode, eclairuk, darece, Elysant – Those are good goals. I hope you make them.

Michele, - I’ve never gotten more than 5. I think it is the max.

Darece- I just spent the $ for the upgrade and I do think it is worth it.

Jane – that’s good advice to set the goals down a little so that we can be successful. Not meeting goals can be very depressing and just the thing to knock us off the wagon and into a big bowl of ice cream.

I hope I got everyone. My apologies to anyone I missed.

My goal is to survive March. I will not have access to a Wii for part of the month, but when I do have access to it I want to do 40 minutes a day 4 days a week. 2 days a week I have Yoga, so that leaves me 1 rest day a week.

Have a great day everyone.

JAM
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I just got EA Active last night. I am going to start today.

Does anyone use the balance board with their EA Active? I was wondering, don't you have to take your shoes off to use the balance board? Do you do the whole EA Active without shoes or do you take them off before the balance board stuff?

Thanks for any details.

Jaime
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome JAM :flowerforyou:

Jaime,

I use my board with EASA and I wear my sneakers. But I bought a protective cover for the board so that it doesn't get scuffed up. I believe it was $19.99 at best buy. I find that for some of the lunges, that if I just wear my socks I tend to slip, which for the alternating side lunges is not good :laugh: Barefooted is a bit better, but I feel like I have more support with my sneakers on. Most of the balance board activities aren't very long or intense, imo, so you might feel comfortable without a cover using your sneakers. I probably would just go for sneakers even if I didn't have the cover.

I hope you like EASA. I'm finding it to be worth every penny I spent. It's a lot of fun :happy: Let me know if you have any other questions you think I could help with.

Cathy
  • jnikitow
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome JAM :flowerforyou:

Jaime,

I use my board with EASA and I wear my sneakers. But I bought a protective cover for the board so that it doesn't get scuffed up. I believe it was $19.99 at best buy. I find that for some of the lunges, that if I just wear my socks I tend to slip, which for the alternating side lunges is not good :laugh: Barefooted is a bit better, but I feel like I have more support with my sneakers on. Most of the balance board activities aren't very long or intense, imo, so you might feel comfortable without a cover using your sneakers. I probably would just go for sneakers even if I didn't have the cover.

I hope you like EASA. I'm finding it to be worth every penny I spent. It's a lot of fun :happy: Let me know if you have any other questions you think I could help with.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy!

I will let you know how it goes. I bought it yesterday with some birthday money I received.
  • jnikitow
    Options
    Okay, did my first day of the 30 day challenge on the EA Sports Active. I loved it. My plan is to do that every morning before work and then come home from work to do the treadmill.

We will see how it goes.
  • SweetieBsMom
    SweetieBsMom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

We got a Wii for Christmas. I have 1 fitness game, Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. I did also buy Just Dance which I LOVE!!! Wearing my HRM, I burn about 700 calories / hour and it doesn't feel like a work out. I'd love to join your team for March!

For those of you with EA Active....do you like it? Do you have trouble with the leg strap falling off? I'm close to my first 10% weight goal and I'm going to reward myself with either Wii Fit Plus or EA active. I was reading the reviews on Amazon for EA active and a lot of complaints were regarding the leg strap.

TIA
    Michelle
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the EA active - 'More Exercises' 6 week challenge for about 3 weeks now and LOVE IT!!!! i have done the Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus and the original EA Active, but this is my favorite by far. It has awesome preset workouts in the challenge that make me sweat! and the step aerobics programs on it are like "real" step classes, not just on and off like on the wii fit. You actually have knee raises, leg kicks, etc included in the step routines. i burn like 200 calories doing 30 min. of the step. You can use it with or without the balance board and you can actually "weigh in" on this new version just like on the wii fits. Also, there is a warmup and cooldown with each programmed workout and they include abs which is not on the original.

I was actually thinking about getting the "risers" for the balance board to kick it up a notch, so if anyone has any opinions of the risers, let me know.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

PS: i don't have any trouble with the leg strap as long as it's on tight : )
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody.
    I just finished my EA 30 challenge last week. it was great.
    I actually don't have the wii fit so I don't have the board (yet).

So all the exercises I was able to do without the board, I did them in my socks on the carpet with the nunchuk in the leg strap and my hands on the remote.

To get a longer exercise, you can create your custom workout. That can be alot of fun playing the sports.
    To get a harder burn you can use a thicker resistance band or dumbbells with some exercises.

Unless you wear a HRM the calorie burns stated might be inaccurate. It's only calculating when your doing the exercise not the gaps in between.
  • thumper44
    Options
    shellgib, The 2nd Ea game. Is it similiar to the 30 day challenge? different events? more sports?

sweetiebsmom - I'd like to hear about the Gold's gym game please..

The leg strap. I read about people on the internet or amazon complaining about the same thing.
    I didn't have one problem with it myself.

I put the strap on under my shorts on bare skin I make sure it's at the TOP part of my thigh. approx where your pant pocket would be. Open the velcro strap, pull on velcro strap and tighten.

Hope that helps.
  • steph1499
    Options
    wii fit plus
    jillian 2010
    biggest loser
    my shape
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    shellgib, The 2nd Ea game. Is it similiar to the 30 day challenge? different events? more sports?

sweetiebsmom - I'd like to hear about the Gold's gym game please..

The leg strap. I read about people on the internet or amazon complaining about the same thing.
    I didn't have one problem with it myself.

I put the strap on under my shorts on bare skin I make sure it's at the TOP part of my thigh. approx where your pant pocket would be. Open the velcro strap, pull on velcro strap and tighten.

Hope that helps.

Peter,
    the new 'active' has a lot of different workouts, some that are similar but 'improved' the running is better in that there are more 'stations' to stop and do squats, lunges, jumps, etc; there is better boxing/sparring, less side to side lunges (which i found to be hard on the knees), GREAT aerobic activities that also work specific muscles; they are split into workouts similar to the 30 day challenge; you can select your level of difficulty in the beginning and then you can update it to higher difficulty as you get more into it. There's a jumping rope activity in the workouts that about makes me pass out! On the med. intensity you have to do 120 jumps, and when i started i could barely get to 75, but now i'm on the high intensity and can get thru all 150 of them at once! The other thing i like is that it has a warm up and cool down for each day (although it's kind of boring after a while) and each day also has 'abs' included at the end. that's one thing i would always skip if i was being 'watched', LOL It also changes things up by including the balance board on some days and not on others, which changes the exercises just slightly. (although you can do them all without if you don't have one)
  • IndianGirl294
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Jam!
  • Nicksmom1974
    Options
    Hi

My husband and I have the Wii Sport...we love the bowling...but how do you calculate how many calories you burn doing it...it's not the same as "real life" bowling is it?
  • Nicksmom1974
    Options
    Hi

My husband and I have the Wii Sport...we love the bowling...but how do you calculate how many calories you burn doing it...it's not the same as "real life" bowling is it?
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    We just bought the Wii today! We bought My Fitness Coach with it because we can't find a Fitness Plus with a board anywhere! We looked at 4 stores. My goal for March is to exercise 6 days a week -- 4 on the Wii and two on the eliptical trainer. I'm shooting for a 6 pound weight loss. I also walk at lunch with co-workers 2-4 times a week depending on our schedules. We're excited to play with our kids while working out.

I noticed not many have the My Fitness Coach. I'd love to hear thoughts on how you picked the games you have.
  • thumper44
    Options
    Hi

Some people will wear a HRM that monitors your heart beat and then can calculate how many calories you burn.
    In Wii Bowling you just swing your arm. In real bowling you have a 5lb, 7lb or 10lb ball that you carry and then swing your arm. So I agree probably not much of calorie burn as real life bowling is.
  • IndianGirl294
    Options
    I did 30 min on my wii active, but I'm not sure how to put that in for the exercise for today. I do not have a HRM...

I did one of the preset workouts that did shoulder presses, bicep curls, torso twists, boxing, and a couple others.
  • IndianGirl294
    Options
    I did 30 min on my wii active, but I'm not sure how to put that in for the exercise for today? I do not have a HRM...

I did one of the preset workouts that did shoulder presses, bicep curls, torso twists, boxing, and a couple others.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've been using the EA Active and love it. I feel I get a good workout. I haven't had any problems with the leg strap at all. I haven't tried to custom/preset exercises yet but plan to. I also love the Wii Sport Tennis. Getting a HRM is on my list as well as the next disc of EA Active. Some days I feel I burn more calories (and some days I feel I burn less) than what EA says I burned.