What do you count as water?

Options

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count coffee or tea (unless it is herbal tea) as water because they are actually dehydrating and will require you to need additional water.
    So you're suggesting that drinking coffee not only contributes nothing but actually subtracts from your water balance ? Science does not agree with you. Welcome to the mythology zone.

Coffee shouldn't be logged as water, it isn't water, it's coffee. If coffee should be logged as water then moonshine should be logged as water, since it is wet and did start out as water.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I count water as water :noway:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If coffee should be logged as water then moonshine should be logged as water, since it is wet and did start out as water.

Ask me how I know you didn't do very well in high school chemistry
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I just eat packets of crystal light. Good enough
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    water and tea
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I count water and occasionally non-caffeinated herbal tea.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I just eat packets of crystal light. Good enough

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Maddielen
    Options
    It's not tricky at all...

I count Water as Water. Nothing more, nothing less.

I count Coffee as ....coffee.

I count Tea as....tea.

I count Wine as....lots of fabulous calories.

If you're trying to get fit, then get back to basics. Water is Water.
  • alisonbank
    alisonbank Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I only count plain water too. I've read places that you're actually supposed to drink an additional glass of water for each cup of coffee or tea you drink, because they're so dehydrating. I try to do that, but sometimes 10 glasses of water a day is impossible ...
    plain and simple, just water. I don't count coffee, or anything. If I have the occasional crystal light or something like that I count it as water, but I don't really like them, very powdery.
    In short, water is what I log as water :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Water. Period.

see i just count water.
    period i log as "iron supplement"
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I count water, green tea (packets) mixed in water and water bottles where I add the sugar free drink mixes as my water. I figure if the base is water, then it's water. Drinks like pop, coffee, protein shakes, etc, I don't count as water.
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I count just about everything as water. I make my pancakes with water, so I count pancakes. My cake recipe also calls for a cup of water, so I count cake as water. Soup, brownies, hamburger helper, tuna, casseroles.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CarSidDar
    Options
    I count water, green tea (packets) mixed in water and water bottles where I add the sugar free drink mixes as my water. I figure if the base is water, then it's water. Drinks like pop, coffee, protein shakes, etc, I don't count as water.

but the base of pop and coffee IS water!! :huh: :huh:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If coffee should be logged as water then moonshine should be logged as water, since it is wet and did start out as water.

Ask me how I know you didn't do very well in high school chemistry

I know that the moonshine is actually not water and that it is just alcohol, that was a bit of sarcasm. I have actually made some so I must not be too bad at chemistry. Still the point is, diet coke and coffee isn't "water". If it were, athletes would have bottles of diet coke and coffee to rehydrate them on the sidelines, instead they have water.
  • Denise1102
    Options
    I hear that tea is not counted as a water because it dehydrates because of the caffine. I drink decafinated tea. So is that better?
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    water
  • CarSidDar
    Options
    moonshine is mostly water. 80 proof is 60% water. But because of the high calorie count it is probably not a water substitute. The mix, however is.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    water
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water
  • jesscox2003
    jesscox2003 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    wow... this whole topic has gone in too many directions. everyone seems to have there own personal opinions, so i will throw mine in as well :) if u drink coffee, tea, crystal light, or ANYTHING else that u add to water, yes count the water part of it as well as counting other nutritional information from the items u are adding to the water. :smile: me... i myself count ice, water, seltzer and sparkling water as water :) they also contain sodium in most cases so i make sure i add it to my food tracker as well :) in my own opinion, as long as u log the other information into your food tracker, then all has been accounted for :) good luck on ur journey :)