Serious question for the swingers.....

Options

Replies

• ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I took both anthropology and sociology in school. I don't remember a lot of it other than everyone is not subjected to the same mores during their development. While the majority of people equate sex to love, some do not. They can separate the 'fun' of sex from the emotion of 'making love'. For those people, they marry because they truely love someone and want to be with that person. However, since they have not had the same morals imparted upon them as others, going out to a swingers club is not much different to them than any other thing that adults do for enjoyment.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    "So what happened?"
    "She's into it."
    "Into what?"
    "The menage. And not only that. She just called me and said she talked to the roommate and the roommate's into the menage too."
    "That's unbelievable."
    "Oh, it's a scene man."
    "Do you ever just get down on your knees and thank god that you know me and have access to my dementia?"
    "What are you talking about? I'm not goin' to do it."
    "You're not goin to do it? What do you mean, You're not goin to do it?"
    "I can't. I'm not an orgy guy."
    "Are you crazy? This is like discovering Plutonium ... by accident."
    "Don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy? It changes everything. I'd have to dress different. I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a moustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and I'd need a new bedspread and new curtains I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends. I'd have to get orgy friends. ... Naw, I'm not ready for it.

classic ...

Oh it's a scene man ... so funny.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Mandy Moore has play time with a large vegetable in Swinging with the Finkles.

Just an FYI...
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

"Don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy? It changes everything. I'd have to dress different. I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a moustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and I'd need a new bedspread and new curtains I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends. I'd have to get orgy friends. ... Naw, I'm not ready for it.

OMG, that is damned funny... LOVE IT
  • Bethaniey
    Options
    Seriously, why are these discussions even on here? This is a diet and exercise website. But since I'm reading this, I shall give my opinion. This society has lost sight of what the sanctity of marriage really is. I have seen COUNTLESS marriages end while "swinging" just because they thought they needed some excitement. One I know of, even went on to have sex with her BEST FRIEND"S HUSBAND! It truly disgusts me that this world takes marriage so lightly. In this world of "if it feels good, do it", we have truly lost sight of what a REAL marriage is. And I tell you what, I have 4 kids (a daughter and three boys) one of the main things I try to instill in them is that marriage is a COMMITTMENT to one person, for LIFE. ANd that is will not always be romance and roses. Times will be hard and marriage is work. And you do not just throw in the towel because things are not what you thought they'd be.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm poly, not a swinger. I got married because I want to share the rest of my life with my husband. Being with one person doesn't have to mean you're not with other people, if that's agreed on.

You have room for family, kids, friends, work, etc. in your life. Why can't you have room for more love (or sex?).

What is the main difference between poly and swinger?.....I am assuming poly stands for polyamorous......which I would take to mean love many...

disease/ emotional attachment/ body image issues / confusion

I do not think everyone has the ability to completely separate sex as a strictly physical thing.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I took both anthropology and sociology in school. I don't remember a lot of it other than everyone is not subjected to the same mores during their development. While the majority of people equate sex to love, some do not. They can separate the 'fun' of sex from the emotion of 'making love'. For those people, they marry because they truely love someone and want to be with that person. However, since they have not had the same morals imparted upon them as others, going out to a swingers club is not much different to them than any other thing that adults do for enjoyment.

Not to sound harsh, but you went to college (approx) 30 years ago. Times have changed.

We do not all fit into the perfect peg hole you would like.
    The majority relate sex to love? Do you? Why? Because your parents told you to? A book told you to?
    I was raised in a strict religious home and I don't believe in those things. Your theory is broken.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Seriously, why are these discussions even on here? This is a diet and exercise website.

This is the Chit-chat section... You want fitness talk there are plenty of other sections just for you.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    From this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/776989-married-and-dating

A lot of swingers came out and were posting in it......Since it it locked I can't respond there but have a real question and don't want to read through all of those responses to see if it has been answered. Why get married? If you want to date/have sex with other people why even get married in the first place? Not trying to attack......Hoping to have a real debate/discussion.

Interesting question, given your profile pic.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    From this thread:

A lot of swingers came out and were posting in it......Since it it locked I can't respond there but have a real question and don't want to read through all of those responses to see if it has been answered. Why get married? If you want to date/have sex with other people why even get married in the first place? Not trying to attack......Hoping to have a real debate/discussion.

What does anything have to do with his profile pic?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    From this thread:

My profile pic? Of me with my dog? WTF are you even saying.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I'm poly, not a swinger. I got married because I want to share the rest of my life with my husband. Being with one person doesn't have to mean you're not with other people, if that's agreed on.

You have room for family, kids, friends, work, etc. in your life. Why can't you have room for more love (or sex?).

What is the main difference between poly and swinger?.....I am assuming poly stands for polyamorous......which I would take to mean love many...

disease/ emotional attachment/ body image issues / confusion

I do not think everyone has the ability to completely separate sex as a strictly physical thing.

Swingers have sex with people/couples etc for fun.
    Poly is to open your heart to other people. Poly's come in different relationship forms as well (3's, 4's and more).
  • odusgolp
    Options
    From this thread:

You know I love you, but what are you talking about Jac & his dog for? *LOL*
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    From this thread:

My profile pic? Of me with my dog? WTF are you even saying.

Uh yea, WTF? :noway:
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options

Just an FYI...

mandy moore *drool*
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Just an FYI...

worst. movie. ever. on swingers! Swingtown (tv series) was pretty good.
  • odusgolp
    Options

Just an FYI...

worst. movie. ever. on swingers! Swingtown (tv series) was pretty good.

But it's MANDY MOORE WITH A VEGETABLE!!!! *LOL*
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Seriously, why are these discussions even on here? This is a diet and exercise website. But since I'm reading this, I shall give my opinion. This society has lost sight of what the sanctity of marriage really is. I have seen COUNTLESS marriages end while "swinging" just because they thought they needed some excitement. One I know of, even went on to have sex with her BEST FRIEND"S HUSBAND! It truly disgusts me that this world takes marriage so lightly. In this world of "if it feels good, do it", we have truly lost sight of what a REAL marriage is. And I tell you what, I have 4 kids (a daughter and three boys) one of the main things I try to instill in them is that marriage is a COMMITTMENT to one person, for LIFE. ANd that is will not always be romance and roses. Times will be hard and marriage is work. And you do not just throw in the towel because things are not what you thought they'd be.

Then it would probably disgust you if I told you I think you are REALLY HOT!!!! :tongue: :wink: :bigsmile:
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Why is this thread even here???
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

Spoken like a True Christian :flowerforyou: