Replies

• Chapter3point6
    Options
    Why is this thread even here???

To annoy you.
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm poly, not a swinger. I got married because I want to share the rest of my life with my husband. Being with one person doesn't have to mean you're not with other people, if that's agreed on.

You have room for family, kids, friends, work, etc. in your life. Why can't you have room for more love (or sex?).

What is the main difference between poly and swinger?.....I am assuming poly stands for polyamorous......which I would take to mean love many...

disease/ emotional attachment/ body image issues / confusion

I do not think everyone has the ability to completely separate sex as a strictly physical thing.

Swinger (to me) is couples that go out to have sex with other couples or "partner swap" or go to swingers parties and hook up there.

Ploy as I practice it means that my husband and I date and we form relationships with other people. All are friendly, some are more romantic than others, some are more physical. My husband and I actually met while dating other people. We're no longer dating those people but we're still friends with them.

We sometimes date people together. We often have our own outside relationships. He dates others more than I do. Our sex life is better when we're also seeing other people because we can focus on exactly what we need from each partner, instead of trying to meet all needs for each other, which can get exhausting sometimes.
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    Excuse me good sir, have you ever heard of Dan Savage?

♥ Dan Savage. Listening to his weekly podcast at work is like my dirty little secret.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I am not going to look for or join a swingers group as I am happily married.

What makes you think that being happily married precludes swinging?
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    Mandy Moore has play time with a large vegetable in Swinging with the Finkles.

Just an FYI...

worst. movie. ever. on swingers! Swingtown (tv series) was pretty good.

But it's MANDY MOORE WITH A VEGETABLE!!!! *LOL*

mandy moore is such a tease, she needs a real good spankin
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Can you not read? Or do you just not comprehend? I had a question......and I was looking to find the answer. This is the chit-chat section. I'm not sure what more exactly I can say.
  • ilikepandasyay
    Options
    I'm poly, not a swinger. I got married because I want to share the rest of my life with my husband. Being with one person doesn't have to mean you're not with other people, if that's agreed on.

You have room for family, kids, friends, work, etc. in your life. Why can't you have room for more love (or sex?).

What is the main difference between poly and swinger?.....I am assuming poly stands for polyamorous......which I would take to mean love many...

disease/ emotional attachment/ body image issues / confusion

I do not think everyone has the ability to completely separate sex as a strictly physical thing.

Swinger (to me) is couples that go out to have sex with other couples or "partner swap" or go to swingers parties and hook up there.

Ploy as I practice it means that my husband and I date and we form relationships with other people. All are friendly, some are more romantic than others, some are more physical. My husband and I actually met while dating other people. We're no longer dating those people but we're still friends with them.

We sometimes date people together. We often have our own outside relationships. He dates others more than I do. Our sex life is better when we're also seeing other people because we can focus on exactly what we need from each partner, instead of trying to meet all needs for each other, which can get exhausting sometimes.

Also to touch on the topics you listed:
    Disease- We're comprehensively tested every 6 months and any one who wishes to be with us must do the same, and show us the results. We are friends with our partners, no casual hook ups, so we all talk openly about our sexual histories. Barriers are used for penetrative sex with outside partners.
    Emotional attachment- Is fine for poly and for many people it's the point.
    Body image issues- I have these anyway. Wouldn't change if I were mono.
    Confusion- I'm confused as to what you mean by confusion?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Seriously, why are these discussions even on here? This is a diet and exercise website. But since I'm reading this, I shall give my opinion. This society has lost sight of what the sanctity of marriage really is. I have seen COUNTLESS marriages end while "swinging" just because they thought they needed some excitement. One I know of, even went on to have sex with her BEST FRIEND"S HUSBAND! It truly disgusts me that this world takes marriage so lightly. In this world of "if it feels good, do it", we have truly lost sight of what a REAL marriage is. And I tell you what, I have 4 kids (a daughter and three boys) one of the main things I try to instill in them is that marriage is a COMMITTMENT to one person, for LIFE. ANd that is will not always be romance and roses. Times will be hard and marriage is work. And you do not just throw in the towel because things are not what you thought they'd be.

Spoken like a True Christian :flowerforyou:
    Does'nt newt gingrich consider himself a "true christian?
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

Just an FYI...

True, but that is for another thread! :laugh:
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Seriously, why are these discussions even on here? This is a diet and exercise website. But since I'm reading this, I shall give my opinion. This society has lost sight of what the sanctity of marriage really is. I have seen COUNTLESS marriages end while "swinging" just because they thought they needed some excitement. One I know of, even went on to have sex with her BEST FRIEND"S HUSBAND! It truly disgusts me that this world takes marriage so lightly. In this world of "if it feels good, do it", we have truly lost sight of what a REAL marriage is. And I tell you what, I have 4 kids (a daughter and three boys) one of the main things I try to instill in them is that marriage is a COMMITTMENT to one person, for LIFE. ANd that is will not always be romance and roses. Times will be hard and marriage is work. And you do not just throw in the towel because things are not what you thought they'd be.

Then it would probably disgust you if I told you I think you are REALLY HOT!!!! :tongue: :wink: :bigsmile:

You creep

Anything from your lips is sweet nothings to my ears :love: :love:
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

More to the point, why are you posting in it?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I took both anthropology and sociology in school. I don't remember a lot of it other than everyone is not subjected to the same mores during their development. While the majority of people equate sex to love, some do not. They can separate the 'fun' of sex from the emotion of 'making love'. For those people, they marry because they truely love someone and want to be with that person. However, since they have not had the same morals imparted upon them as others, going out to a swingers club is not much different to them than any other thing that adults do for enjoyment.

Not to sound harsh, but you went to college (approx) 30 years ago. Times have changed.

We do not all fit into the perfect peg hole you would like.
    The majority relate sex to love? Do you? Why? Because your parents told you to? A book told you to?
    I was raised in a strict religious home and I don't believe in those things. Your theory is broken.

I think she was relating what she had learned in school. I don't think it was her personal theory...

And many of us do equate sex and love. Not because my parents told me to, but because that's how I am built emotionally.

I personally don't care what anyone else does in their bedrooms or wherever they want to have their sexual fun and as long as it is between consenting adult, that's cool with me.

However, I don't and never will share. Fortunately, my husband feels the same way.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

Spoken like a True Christian :flowerforyou:
    Does'nt newt gingrich consider himself a "true christian?

LOL exactly
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    From this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/776989-married-and-dating

A lot of swingers came out and were posting in it......Since it it locked I can't respond there but have a real question and don't want to read through all of those responses to see if it has been answered. Why get married? If you want to date/have sex with other people why even get married in the first place? Not trying to attack......Hoping to have a real debate/discussion.

Interesting question, given your profile pic.

You know I love you, but what are you talking about Jac & his dog for? *LOL*

Ha!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Disease- We're comprehensively tested every 6 months and any one who wishes to be with us must do the same, and show us the results. We are friends with our partners, no casual hook ups, so we all talk openly about our sexual histories. Barriers are used for penetrative sex with outside partners.

It's like a Christian Grey contract....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I am not going to look for or join a swingers group as I am happily married.

What makes you think that being happily married precludes swinging?

As I have learned from some of my friends on here some people may be able to separate sex as a completely physical act with no emotional tie etc. I for one could not....So by being married I am not willing to explore (or even give the image of exploring by joining said group) the swinger lifestyle. I did have a question which I do feel has been answered and I can see where some people would be able to do this and why they still get married.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options

Just an FYI...

True, but that is for another thread! :laugh:

ok back to christian fundamentalists and swinging godless sodomites
  • ilikepandasyay
    Options

It's like a Christian Grey contract....

It's actually not that dissimilar. One of the only useful things about that whole book.

Yeah the "rules and regulations" aren't sexy, but they're useful.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

You mean, what YOUR idea of a REAL marriage is. You don't get to choose how other people view things and how other people decide to live their lives. Let me guess, you don't think gays should be allowed to marry either right?
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Not to sound harsh, but you went to college (approx) 30 years ago. Times have changed.

We do not all fit into the perfect peg hole you would like.
    The majority relate sex to love? Do you? Why? Because your parents told you to? A book told you to?
    I was raised in a strict religious home and I don't believe in those things. Your theory is broken.

You have good points, but I still disagree. While times may have changed, as well as how society's viewpoint of sex over the years, human development has not. For the most part, we are what we were taught/exposed to. I did not mean to put everyone in a 'perfect peg hole'. Free will is a huge factor in all of this. While you were raised in a strictly religious home, you have the ability to form your own conclusions and choose your own direction (which I applaud you for). Statistically speaking, I think that most (not all) people adhere to the beliefs that were imparted to them during their development.

And thanks for pointing out how old I am! :sad: :tongue: