What do you count as water?

Options

Replies

• ladioffaith
    Options
    Anything without caffeine. Also not milk because milk is a solid, but I generally don't eat milk anyway.

I am not currently counting soup, even if that soup has added water.
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    water.
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    milk is a solid

:laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    moonshine is mostly water. 80 proof is 60% water. But because of the high calorie count it is probably not a water substitute. The mix, however is.

Mooshine is mostly water? You may want to check on that because moonshine is almost purely alcohol. 80 proof is whisky, moonshine is more like 190 proof, or more.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    I have a nalgene bottle that holds three cups (with markings on the side to tell me how much is in there.) I add Mio to it. I try to drink two or three bottles a day. That's water for me. :)
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    H2O
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    moonshine is mostly water. 80 proof is 60% water. But because of the high calorie count it is probably not a water substitute. The mix, however is.

Mooshine is mostly water? You may want to check on that because moonshine is almost purely alcohol. 80 proof is whisky, moonshine is more like 190 proof, or more.

must admit I have never drunk or seen moonshine. If it is 190 proof, then it is 95% alcohol. If you are drinking that I think dehydration is the least of your problems :)
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

must admit I have never drunk or seen moonshine. If it is 190 proof, then it is 95% alcohol. If you are drinking that I think dehydration is the least of your problems :)

Yea, it's grain alcohol. You can buy 190, called everclear, at the store. Moonshine is really close to pure alcohol. I was just using it as a sarcastic example of why not all liquids, even if they are water based, should count as water.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Anything without caffeine. Also not milk because milk is a solid, but I generally don't eat milk anyway.

I am not currently counting soup, even if that soup has added water.

lolwut???
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Dumb thread is dumb.

No offense OP- I don't think YOU are dumb. I just think voting on what 'counts' as water is really stupid. If you pee is too yellow, drink more fluids until it's not. End of story.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Yea, it's grain alcohol. You can buy 190, called everclear, at the store. Moonshine is really close to pure alcohol. I was just using it as a sarcastic example of why not all liquids, even if they are water based, should count as water.

Mmmm...Everclear!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I count my water, and my herbal tea without sugar.
  • thomasxaviersayles
    Options
    Water is H20, nothing else, all other drinks such as Crystal light (look at what is in it, artificial sugars) coffee, diet sodas, all of that stuff is counter productive to good health.
    While I will not call the question dumb, it is self explanatory. Liquids are not water although they contain H20. The body does not need anything other than H20. The rest of that stuff is marketing and what you have trained yourself to drink.
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    For those of you interested in what actual health professionals think, try this: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

Of particular interest to this thread: "Everyone has heard the advice, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day." That's about 1.9 liters, which isn't that different from the Institute of Medicine recommendations. Although the "8 by 8" rule isn't supported by hard evidence, it remains popular because it's easy to remember. Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: "Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total. "
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I count water.......and ice

yes,ice.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    water. :tongue: and yes ICE apparently it has been forgotten in previous posts :laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Water is H20, nothing else, all other drinks such as Crystal light (look at what is in it, artificial sugars) coffee, diet sodas, all of that stuff is counter productive to good health.
    While I will not call the question dumb, it is self explanatory. Liquids are not water although they contain H20. The body does not need anything other than H20. The rest of that stuff is marketing and what you have trained yourself to drink.

What percentage of dissolved solids differentiates what you consider acceptable H2O and unacceptable H2O?
  • jalatalo
    Options
    I drink approximately a gallon of water per day....the weekends I end up slacking some, but I still try to drink a lot of water. I was debating whether or not to count my herbal tea as water, but decided not to!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    For those of you interested in what actual health professionals think, try this: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

Of particular interest to this thread: "Everyone has heard the advice, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day." That's about 1.9 liters, which isn't that different from the Institute of Medicine recommendations. Although the "8 by 8" rule isn't supported by hard evidence, it remains popular because it's easy to remember. Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: "Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total. "
    I've read that as well.

However, that doesn't mean I'm going to count any fluid as water just because it's fluid; it's not water. I'm not going to log a brownie as a can of tuna because it's not a can of tuna, so why would I log tea as water?
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    water