Spring Couch to 5K

Options
I'm starting the couch to 5K plan this week. Anyone else starting up and want to join in on an accountability thread?? If I don't start this, I'm afraid that I will fall off after the 3rd week like I did twice last year:laugh: In this case the third time's going to be a charm because I will finish it! Anyone want to join in with me? Thinking about adding 100 pushup or 200 sit up challenge or both also.

Replies

• lisadtwood
    lisadtwood Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started C-5 training a few weeks ago and will be doing the first run of week 3 tomarrow!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I started C-5 training a few weeks ago and will be doing the first run of week 3 tomarrow!

Yay! I'm really excited to be starting this again. Good job making it through the first 2! I know there are a lot of C25K threads around, feel free to post here if you want :happy:
  • lizwatson
    lizwatson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have just started C to 10K and I am in week 5! Its a great workout, finding it hard but keeping upso far. How this will help me loose weight! Good luck to you!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Good job Liz! That's great - halfway through. You'll be bopping right along in no time :smile: Welcome to MFP - I see this is your first post. Hope you like it here, don't let the occassional drama get to you. It happens :) But there is a lot of really good information available here and a lot of really smart people who have lost lots of weight and give great advice!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    You should come join our thread! -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/76974-c25k-sit-ups-push-ups-oh-my

It's got a few of us doing a mixture of C25k, Sit-Up challenge & Push-Up challenge.

The more the merrier!
  • Seminole109
    Options
    Hi, MTGirl.
    I plan to start the Couch to 5k this week. I'd totally be interested in tracking progress together!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Hi, MTGirl.
    I plan to start the Couch to 5k this week. I'd totally be interested in tracking progress together!

Welcome then! I did manage to do w1, d1 today. Inspite of obstacles! The only real thought I had afterward was "Why was I so excited to start this???" :laugh: But I am still excited. Plan on day 2 on Thursday! Didn't start push up or sit up challenge. I guess I feel I have enough on my plate right now! Good luck everyone :heart:
  • JennSchn
    JennSchn Posts: 65
    Options
    Well I just finished. Not too bad but not fun either. I think I can do this. At least week 1. LOL We will see about week 2.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    You should come join our thread! -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/76974-c25k-sit-ups-push-ups-oh-my

It's got a few of us doing a mixture of C25k, Sit-Up challenge & Push-Up challenge.

The more the merrier!

Thanks for the invite McFatterton! I've had a problem participating in threads before - I get started out strong, then fade out and no one really notices. I guess I'm thinking that if I start a thread maybe I'll feel more accountable to it. :ohwell: Just trying to get around my defenses a little I guess! I'll pop in there though :flowerforyou:
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am going to start this Couch to 5K program on thursday. I have run before, but I have always struggled with it. My so-to-be husband can just go outside and run 5 miles without a problem, he normal doesn't run. So when I have a hard time running I am very hard on myself, and end up quiting
    Hopefully having support from people who find it difficult will help.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    I am going to start this Couch to 5K program on thursday. I have run before, but I have always struggled with it. My so-to-be husband can just go outside and run 5 miles without a problem, he normal doesn't run. So when I have a hard time running I am very hard on myself, and end up quiting
    Hopefully having support from people who find it difficult will help.

Hey Robynrae! Yep - running is definately a struggle for me :) You're in good company here. I love the C25K because it is challenging, but doable. At least through week 3 - that's all the farther I made it last year. Even if I have to repeat a week or two, I am going to finish the program this spring and hopefully then do the 10K training they have at cool running also. But, 1 thing at a time! I'll be doing day 2 on Thurs - so we can do it together. :flowerforyou:
  • BrandyLiz
    BrandyLiz Posts: 14
    Options
    I started last night and love it! Looking forward to finishing the program. I've already done 2 5K's, but am looking forward to doing one after some training!
  • vfountain12
    Options
    My friend and I started the couch to 5k four weeks ago. We started it now even though our 5k isn't until May, because we are both out of shape and not good runners. We are still working on repeating weeks but it is coming along, because we can tell how it is getting easier. Plus we are loosing weight and inches so that is a huge plus.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    My friend and I started the couch to 5k four weeks ago. We started it now even though our 5k isn't until May, because we are both out of shape and not good runners. We are still working on repeating weeks but it is coming along, because we can tell how it is getting easier. Plus we are loosing weight and inches so that is a huge plus.

Always better to start early! I have a 2 mile race in May I will register for then I think I will do the Heart and Sole 5K in June. Maybe if I stack them up a little like that I'll have motivation to keep going! Don't have much in the area in July or Aug that I know of - but an hour away there will be one in Sept and Oct.

Glad you are having good success - feel free to pop in here whenever you want!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    I started last night and love it! Looking forward to finishing the program. I've already done 2 5K's, but am looking forward to doing one after some training!

Yay! Welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Hey There,

My wife just finished C-5 week 8 and it's been just amazing to watch her progress. She has only been using a treadmill thus far because of the darkness and weather, but will be running outside soon. I can tell you that I am very proud of her for what she has accomplished so far. She is at the point this week where she is running 28 minutes non stop, and if you had told her she would be doing that at week 1 she would have laughed in your face. By sticking with the program to the letter has made all the difference.

So good luck to each of you that are trying it as well. I am sure you too will be successful like my wife has been.

Take care, Hawkeye01
  • JennSchn
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragment hawkeye01. I can't imagine being able to run for 5 min non stop let alone 28 min. Congradulate your wife for us. What an inspiration.
  • JennSchn
    Options
    Finished day 2. Sweating like a pig. Yuck!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have to clean off the treadmill. I have wedding stuff all over it.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the encouragement hawkeye! Really needed that this a.m.

Go for it Robynray - clean off that treadmill girl :drinker:

W1D2 tonight after work. Oh boy :embarassed: My legs just quit hurting from D1 Monday and aerobics Tuesday :blushing: