Were You A Fat Child?

Options
Just curious as to how many people here started out life as an overweight child. Did you?

I was a chubby kid, but lost it all by age 12 and stayed at goal weight until after I had my last baby 13 years ago. I don't recall doing anything exrtraordinary to lose my early childhood "baby fat"....maybe I just grew out of it, I don't know. But I DO remember the schoolyard teasing..."Fatty Fatty Two By Four, can't get through the bathroom door"....wow, kids sure can be mean.

Replies

• MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was not a fat child, very skinny in fact did not gain weight until about 7 years ago after I got married.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    hell yea I was, I was a fatty until high school I met a retired sergeant major and told him I wanted to be a Ranger someday he pretty much made me literally run my *kitten* of and train like hell, 8 1/2 years later Im one of the best athletes in my unit, with a few fitness records of my own
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was underweight until my tonsils were removed at age 6. About age 8 I started getting chubby. I wasn't obese until adulthood, but was plenty big enough to get all the taunting as a child. I'm beating back the beast now, though. :happy:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Sure was!! Couldn't wear jeans, they dug into my sides.

It wasn't until I was a teenager that I grew and slimmed. Then gained... And here I am!
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I definitely was. I remember my mom having to shop in the Pretty Plus section that they had in Sears, and I was very young then.
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    nope... i was a stick. Then in 7th grade i was a stick with boobs. I really didnt start gaining weight til after i got married. Then after that i got pregnant. I have been at 165ish for about 2 years now. Obviously i would like to lose at least 20 more lbs.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Weight was not a concern for me as a young child, but I gained quite a bit in high school. When I graduated (18 years ago... yikes!) I weighed about 30-35 pounds more than I do now.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I wore the "husky" sizes in girls' clothes. I remember lying to my parents about how much I weighed in 3rd grade. My mom was military and dependents got an ID at age 9 (it included weight). I think I said I weighed 125 but that was a lot lower than what I really weighed. By 5th grade, I was wearing a misses size 14 and they were tight. I didn't get too much fatter; I think I was a misses 16-18 until my sophmore year of college. Then I ballooned to a plus size 22, bordering on 24.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've barely ever been overweight by BMI standards, but I've always been on the heavier side of where I'm supposed to be. I was a chubby kid, and as an adult, my weight lingers between 149-160. I'm 5'5''.
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    Oh yeah, i was about 250lb up until i was 16! Got super skinny during my grade 12 year, dropped down to 160. Started hitting the gym, back up to 270 lol but more muscle than fat this time.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness yes. I was bigger than my kindergarten teacher. That's actually no joke I seriously was.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was scrawny and then one day, bam, I was fat. I stayed fat until about senior year of high school when I started to lose weight by NOT eating the way the rest of my family did.
  • KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain weight till after highschool :S Or around grade 12...then BAM!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Nope, I was a very lean child. I was actually lean right up until my pregnancy with twins. In fact, I was lean AFTER my pregnancy as well. It was dealing with their disease & my failing marriage that caused me to turn to emotional eating (instead of drinking).
  • KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain weight till after highschool :S Or around grade 12...then BAM!
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fat child, but in my early teens... bad choices in excess really caught up to me.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I was very thin and got teased for that and for my height (6').
  • loner_nell
    loner_nell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fat child, I didn't gain weight till adolescence.
    At the time it was a medication(they took me off it after I gained 50 lbs over 3 months) but I can't blame it for me keeping the weight on and the yo-yoing.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I was a normal sized 3 year old. Except for being as tall as most 7 year olds.

Then I got a brain tumor and got fat as hell. Never been considered a normal weight since :c
  • Bella_Bea
    Bella_Bea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yep! I was also very tall for child, plus being a girl. So bring on the name calling! To be fair, I never noticed it myself till I was about 18, I honestly thought I was slim. God knows how my diet was AWFUL! Just all fast/junk food, I never ate a vegetable till I was 18 *hides face*