Difference between "hanging out" and a "date"

Options

Replies

• GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I find booty quite romantic.
    I was very fond of many of the girls I hung-out with in college. I romantically connected with everyone one them. Do I remember their names? No.. no not really, but I'm sure they had names... and I'm sure I said their name... at some point. Maybe. What's important here is that we had a deep connection, er..something. Whatever.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Gorilla i know you enjoy F'ing me but common lol
    You have to admit... that F was epic.

are you going to follow me around the forums F'ing me in all the different corners of MFP

LMAO Im so funny.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

are you going to follow me around the forums F'ing me in all the different corners of MFP

LMAO Im so funny.
    If Fing you is wrong... I just don't wanna be left.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Hanging out is with somebody you have no romantic interests, friends with benefits.
    No one had mentioned that before you did. Thank you.

Oh bite me, I was not gonna read all those answers, Im a busy woman
  • __Sneakers__
    Options
    Doesn't matter, he's still going to try to "hit it"
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We need video u two. LMAO!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you blackout and wake up with a donkey its a date..oh wait, that is something I saw on the internet never mind...LOL
  • MissyJessy
    Options

LMAO Im so funny.

Just a charmer you are lol
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

LMAO Im so funny.

Just a charmer you are lol
    That's F'n right.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    seriously - if a guy asks you out and pays its a date...anything else is probably hanging out...
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    Hanging out is with somebody you have no romantic interests, friends with benefits.

Wait, you're a woman? (You know I e-love you.)
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    We need video u two. LMAO!

Of Gorilla F'ing me... well that wouldnt be very interesting lol
  • OMGitsaLisa
    Options

Hanging out is what's done by cowards or people who are just hoping for some meaningless sex. Why women put up with it, I'll never understand.

that's awfully judgmental. maybe the woman doesnt want a relationship, she's happy with having friends and doesnt need the emotional roller coaster. maybe she WANTS sex.

I was asked for my opinion and I gave it. :noway: You have used the internet before, right? :huh:

And she gave her opinion on your opinion. It's called a response and it happens on the internet *all the time*. If you don't want someone criticizing your opinion, don't post it on the internet. It's kind of what we do here.

As for the topic at hand, I think a date seems more like going somewhere to do something while hanging out is staying in. Dates always have romantic connotations while hanging out may or may not. It's amazing how many different answers you get to this kind of question, though.
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    Its a date if i say it is... lol either way the guys paying ;)
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If he's not my boyfriend, it's hanging out. If it's with my boyfriend, date :wink: :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Hanging out is what's done by cowards or people who are just hoping for some meaningless sex. Why women put up with it, I'll never understand.

What us men? I'm so tired of being used for all this meaningless sex! Why do these women just want me for my body? Day after day after day! Who's gonna pay for all this Gatorade to replace my fluids? How do they know I don't just want a hug?

Anybody want to cuddle?

i may consider wanting you just for your body :laugh: :wink:

I can work with this. I'm free between 7 and 10pm. That work for you?
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I do agree with one of the previous posters regarding the formality of it. To be honest in my single days I had trouble differentiating between the two as i was comfortable around guys and often was one of the guys and therefore didn't think of my guy firends in that way. It turns out that at least most of them were interested in more. Of course I'm not denying that I probably missed any signs that he was interested as I've never been a very flirty type and kind of clueless in that subject.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I recently "hung out" with a guy I sorta dated at the end of last year....We went to dinner and then to a cool bar for drinks. We fooled around a bit in my car :blushing: To me, the difference is that I don't want to date this guy. I'm not pursuing a relationship with him. We just hang out and have some fun occasionally lol :wink:
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    lol i may be able to fit you in at about 9 i should be done my hang out session in the back of the car :laugh:

is it a date?
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Wait, you're a woman? (You know I e-love you.)

We are never getting back together..like never!!