What do you guys do for a living?

Options

Replies

• foodintent
    foodintent Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I work in a test kitchen for a major food company. It's a pretty cool job that a lot of people don't know about (the Food Science field).
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I am a homemaker. I cook and clean and then clean and cook. When I am not doing that, I am a runner. My life is full and happy!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    makeup artist. love it. Have an animal science degree I haven't used in 12 years and a business degree I will probably never use because I have no intention of ever going into management, I just want to do makeup. On brides, on drag queens, on zombies I love it all.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm a part time sales associate at a department store called British Home Stores (BHS)

I'm also studying for a postgraduate diploma in Speech & Language Therapy which will be my career one day though :smile:
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Accounts manager for a well known furniture company in England :wink:
  • Eeyores
    Eeyores Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am an STNA for home health care. Very rewarding but not much money... Next month I start a class for administrative medical office.. But i will work evenings while going to school.... hopefully that will be less time to get the munchies.. : )
  • kayellgee
    Options
    Speech Language Pathologist (almost).

I am in my last stretch of my Master's degree. I work full time as a licensed Speech Pathology Assistant and do grad school at the same time. :) It's a lot of work but I absolutely LOVE my field! So that helps.
  • kayellgee
    Options
    I'm a part time sales associate at a department store called British Home Stores (BHS)

I'm also studying for a postgraduate diploma in Speech & Language Therapy which will be my career one day though :smile:

I'm in speech too! Just posted about it lol I love running into other speechies. :)
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm an artist! Acrylic and crafty fun. I work out of my home. <3
  • ARHiker
    ARHiker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am an emergency room nurse.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm the Administrative Assistant for the Crisis Intervention Services/Addictions & Mental Health within a Hospital. I like my job but the pay is crappy. I used to be a stylist at a salon but I don't like standing that long anymore.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Investigator....Fraud and Abuse....

14 years of looking forward to going to work every day.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm a registered nurse working in oncology! Super rewarding job, but very stressful at times!
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have a background in Teaching...nursing...have been a bartender...waitress...dental assistant ...gas station attendent ...nutrition assistant ...cashier ..worked in a bakery ....housekeeping....bookkeeper at college ....library para educator....licensed cosmetologist and I owned a salon and worked in a female prison cutting hair for years....I attended 4 different colleges during my life so far. You dont have to pick one and think that's it. My 20 year old daughter is a licensed cosmetologist and just enrolled in nursing school.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would like to know the same thing and add it would be awesome if someone also mentioned what career feild pays well so it's possble to support one self (rent, bills, everything) and stilll be able to have cash left over to pay off college debt.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Im a datacenter administrator at a large utility and work from home. 15 years of slaving and now I have the best job in the world. On the couch in my underpants gettin *kitten* done LIKE A BOSS!
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Im a chauffeur, a teacher, a cook, a nurse, a maid, a hooker.....aw hell....Im a mom.
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm a bookkeeper and I love it. Wish I'd finished college and gotten my accounting degree. I just started my own home business. Slow start but looking forward to where it takes me.

Good luck whatever you decide!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I currently help a manager at a major university in the IT dpt with scheduling employees and accounting stuffs.

It's very very fun! And super laid back.

I'm also going to school to do Accounting... CPA eventually and hopefully land a job in a big corp as upper management! :bigsmile:
  • notmac
    notmac Posts: 89
    Options
    I am a Registered Nurse, for the past 24 years, in Women's Health. Have done Labor and Delivery, currently working in a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). I love it, would not want to do anything else, except maybe retire, and just hang out with the family. Oh yeah, I am also a full time mother and wife, love that too, and would not trade it in, even to retire.