Airports--your favorites and why?

Options
So..I kinda like airports. I'm traveling quite a bit the next 2 months...so just thought I'd start a discussion. What's your favorite airport and why?

I like Denver--I remember there being decently priced food! :)

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Any one but Halifax. They have birds flying free and they poop everywhere.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have always enjoyed flying thru O'Hare in Chicago, just love all the options available in a really big airport! This summer I flew Jet Blue through their hub in JFK, and it was also a great experience! There was a delay with my connection, so my 2 hr layover ended up being 3. Had a delicious lunch, a couple glasses of good wine, some Ben & Jerry's (oh wait, this is MFP, not supposed to mention that stuff LOL!!) WiFi, etc....

I think I lot depends on the airline you are flying... JetBlue in Syracuse even had a play area by the gate, with a little playhouse, rocking chairs, etc - awesome for this single mom flying with a 5 yo!

I live in Arizona but normally fly out of Las Vegas - huge airport, but pretty easy access, user friendly, lots of options and hey who doesn't love to play a few slots while you wait???
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Heathrow and LAX.

Oh and Long Beach Airport gets a nod as well for being sooooo easy to get through.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Philly...but only because it means I'm back home
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Chicago (ORD, not MDW)..... It's the busiest airport with the most delays, but its also home. Plus they have great food in the airport.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    The first (it's no longer there) Pittsburgh International Airport. I spent a lot of time there as a kid.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Changi, they have free inet and free movies. :love:
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    The Minneapolis airport is pretty darn sweet
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Vegas...because it's Vegas. Seattle, because it's my home airport.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Loves: Baltimore..easy to get there. Denver..Security is quick. Dallas..stuff is everywhere.

Hates: Atlanta...freakin HUGE! JFK..sucks to drive there.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Lester B. Pierson (is it still called that?) in Toronto. There used to be this Franglais boutique that sold tasty salmon jerky.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Chicago O'Hare. It's my home airport and a hub for both American and United, so I can get a direct flight just about anywhere I'm going.
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Frankfurt. I slept on the floor overnight there last Friday, and woke up and was able to have a shower (have never seen showers at any other airport). Better than some of the hotels I had in Europe, and definitely a cheaper night's stay!
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Singapore
  • barbi14
    Options
    I love any airport because it means I'm on holidays! Chiangi in Singapore is always fairly calm so I can chill out a bit.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Top ten, in no particular order

1) Atlanta - it has a mall in it. 'Nuff said.
    2) Seattle - great architecture
    3) Dulles (DC) - best people watching
    4) Minneapolis- Cleanest, I think
    5) Sacramento - kitschy and amusing
    6) Dallas/Ft.Worth - people watching.
    7) San Diego - it's really small and easy to navigate, plus it means I am home
    8) LAX - good people watching here, too, but too big and sprawly
    9) Denver - Cheap food and good views
    10) San Francisco - great views and exceptionally good shops

Airports I specifically DISlike
    1) Tucson.
    2) Long Beach, CA
    3) Birmingham, AL
    4) Baltimore
    5) Chicago O'Hare - worst for delays, in my experience
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I love the Seoul International Airport, lots of yummy food for dirt cheap, well if you have US$ anyways. I hate the Manila International Airport, poor layout and crazy traffic. I was really impressed with Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport's layout. Very easy to get around from one terminal to another due to the tram and the airport's wonderful layout.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Denver, definitely. BWI's Southwest Terminal. Corpus Christi (it's small but beautifully decorated).
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Detroit - I like the light tunnel :happy:
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I like JFK in NY because my mom use to work there when I was younger so I would get to run around the whole thing and into all the back rooms and such.
    I also like Doha International in Qatar. Pretty nice place fancy looking and some good food.