Were You A Fat Child?

Options

Replies

• JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started gaining weight in third grade and have battled my weight ever since.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    yep I sure was. Fat kid, fat teen, fat adult. Changing it now!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I was the male version of Honey Boo Boo.

Not laughing AT you....but how you said what you said was just hilarious! :laugh:
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Most definitely YES.

I don't remember what I weighed when I started elementary school, but I remember weighing 90 pounds by the time I was in third grade.

When I graduated at 17, I was 220 pounds. :sad:

My heaviest was 290, when I was 35.

I just turned 52 on October 18th. Check out my ticker. :bigsmile:
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I was not severely obese but I was a chubby kid all throughout. I am the smallest I have ever been currently.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i was very thin all throughout my life up until my 20s when i was put on diff medications.. then i gained 20 lb
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Since age 4. Glad my parents let me eat fast food and soda all the time. I am much healthier now, and have been for 3 years, just trying to hit my goal weight. Much better than my top weight of 200 lbs a few years back! I'm skinnier now than I was at 12!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    As a very young child no. Around age 8-10 is when it began. And never stopped.
    Teased through school off and on, I was always bigger than all most of my friends .. :(
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    nope. i was thin until my first baby. then i still was thin until my thyroid messed up!!
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fat kid. I was very athletic. I started to gain weight when I got into a bad relationship then marriage. 5 years after divorce, I am finally losing it and getting my inner athlete back!
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Heck no!! I was extremely skinny and didn't gain weight til high school when I got put on birth control pills. Damn birth control pills, I curse you. Haha
  • laylasmommy67
    laylasmommy67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    < Fat kid. I was 150 lbs at the age of 12 and 4'11.....I am now double that age and under that weight :) Oh...and about half a foot taller..lol
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was skinny until my tonsils were removed at age 5. Since then it has been 53 years of fighting the battle of the bulge.
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I wasn't, but I thought I was. I was on the upper end of healthy in high school(165 lbs 5'7") and I thought I was huge which I think is what lead to my yo-yo dieting. I always felt huge in high school, but when I look back on the pictures now I wish I would've just been happy with who I was, but what teenager is. =)
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I was fat since I was about 5. Scarred for life.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hit 300lbs at age 16. :frown:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Not so much, i was an active kid (if i was born 5 years later i would have been medicated).
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I was definately a chubby kid and I do remember getting made fun of in High school.. being called thunder thighs etc...I went to a predominately white school so curves weren't in at all!! The skinniest blondest girls were the most popular.. Yep even got made fun of for how black my hair is..

I can't complain though bc it made me who I am today and I feel like I am a sweet person who will do anything for a friend and I will always be the first to stand up for someone if I overhear someone being teased :noway:
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I became chubby around the age of 9. ( Got into a car accident which limited the amount I could go out and play) Things happen though and it could have turned out worse! I am glad that I have this chance to change my life =)
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I've never been at a normal, healthy weight. Years of torment and pain. Was fairly active when I was young but was never slim.