LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    umm

Water? :huh:
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Just water....

FYI, I wouldn't count coffee or tea (unless it is herbal tea) as water because they are actually dehydrating and will require you to need additional water.

That's good to know. Makes sense too!
    That is not true. All nutritionalists agree coffee can be counted as water intake.
  • clohara
    clohara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I count my water in my shakes in the am and for lunch, which is a total of 4 glasses. Plus 4 normal glasses of water in a day and my crystal light. i dont count my milk as it is Almond mlik, not water. I am counting calories so I ttry (lol) to watch carefully to ensure ihave all of my water in daily.
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    water, coffee - that is all I count as water. and GOOD if coffee makes up you want more water -

water rules!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Just water....

FYI, I wouldn't count coffee or tea (unless it is herbal tea) as water because they are actually dehydrating and will require you to need additional water.

Actually tea and coffee DON"T dehydrate you they just HYDRATE less effectively.
    This I knew and always counted coffee and tea as 1/2 the amount.

But, I just read a study (I think it was by U PENN) about how the minimal the difference in hydration is between water and coffee, basically they said coffee is so close to water it's okay to count it as equivalent.

I'm off to see if I can find the link and edit it into this message.

FOUND TWO SOURCES

MAYO CLINIC SAYS: (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661)
    Recent research shows that this is not true and that caffeine has a diuretic effect only if you consume large amounts of it — more than 500 to 600 milligrams (the equivalent of 5 to 7 cups of coffee) a day.

HUFFINGTON POST SITES PENNSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY & LA TROBE UNIVERSITY STUDIES
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/06/07/hydration-tea-coffee-lettuce-hydration-better-water_n_1577105.html
  • fansiefree
    fansiefree Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I only count regular water and seltzer water (helps with the soda cravings!)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I quit counting water. Instead, I use a 32 oz cup and fill it at least twice a day.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Just water!
  • ndirish4life
    Options
    Just water. Anything else likely has sugar, caffein, sodium or some other such thing in it that I want to count toward all my daily goals. Water is water is water :)