Do You Log Gains

Options

Replies

• babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    NO WAY JOSE! I would beat myself up and ruin my motivation. But that's just me.

Yep, me too!
  • supbanana
    supbanana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I log gains if it's clearly a gain and not just water weight - if the gain lasts a week or so I'll log it.
  • ailiel
    ailiel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do on MFP because my weight tends to fluctuate a lot, especially around certain times of the month. I exercise a lot also and drink a lot of water, my weight can vary up to 5 pounds from one day to the next (has happened before). So therefore I log it so I can follow the pattern and see if it goes back down just as quickly, or if it happened the same time the previous month, etc. etc. The more you know.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Nope, just the losses. My weight bounces around too much and I would get really depressed quickly if I logged it here everyday. I do have an app that I use to keep track of my weight, but even that I avoid for certain periods because the rate of my loss is so depressingly slow I don't necessarily want a record of it.
  • karlupe
    karlupe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My "weigh-in" day is Sunday morning, right after I get up and before I eat. And I log whatever the scale says. I think you're only cheating yourself if you're not logging gains.
    I agree with this, I log every weigh-in.... and for me if I gained it's motivation to exercise more or to change something in my meals....
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I log my weight and measurements every day, why wouldn't I?

I don't however have my weight loss appear on the news feed as I'm really only maintaining so there's no point all my friends seeing me losing the same few pounds week in week out, lol!
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If the scale says it, I log it. But only on my Saturday mornings.

If you gain, it's just as important as if you lose. It sets you back, so you have to restart on losing however much you gained.

I weigh myself at random times throughout the week, but those are just ideas for what may happen on Saturday and often help me keep track of how I want to go about my diet for the rest of the week. But I don't take my random weigh-ins that seriously, because I don't do it at the same time everyday and understand that my body changes through out the day.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I fluctuate a lot so unless it's still a 'gain' the next week I don't bother.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    What is making complete sense to me is to log only every 7 days lose or gain! Thank-you all for your support!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I only log gains if they stick for more than 2 weeks. They're usually water weigh fluctuations and rarely last more than a day or so.
  • lisagyo
    lisagyo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday but I've only been logging on Wednesdays. I used to log everyday but my chart was all over the place.
  • carcona
    carcona Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't post gains, but I also don't post a loss unless it is really a loss (at least a week old). I know this may seem strange, but this weight loss thing has to go one direction for me, down. It may take longer but in my opinion slow and steady wins the race:)
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    yes, if I log my weight loss, I also log my weight gain, I weigh daily and if the weight stays the same number 3 days in a row I log it, up or down, it keeps me honest and I hate it going up but it will keep me on track, if I dont see it I can pretend I am doing well when I am not, and thats never a good thing to fool yourself into thinking.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    i dont but maybe i should maybe that will give me the *kitten* kick to stick to what i am trying to accomplish :( ugh
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I log exactly what the scale says, it's how I track my fluctuations. That said, I wish MFP gave you the option of announcing only "true" weight loss and not the same damned five pounds I gain and lose!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but my main day to log my weight is on Wednesday. So whatever the outcome it gets logged into MFP. It keeps me accountable and focused so gains get logged.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    For my own personal use I would like to take a poll on who logs gains into MFP and why or why not. I will use this to determine if I should quit logging gains(if it stays on more than 3 days I log it now). Thank-you for your time!!!!!!!!!!
    Haven't had a gain yet but will log it if it happens...
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have a weigh-in day once a week, and I log that weight, whether it is a gain or a loss.
    I hate when people weigh themselves and log the weight changes every single day, that's stupid, because your weight fluctuates a lot during the week.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Just did today! Blows chunks especially since I'm eating very cleanly, but I've been stuck and hovering +-5lbs for the last 2 months and I'm pretty darn tired. I put it down as a gain and it helps to keep me honest.

I'm at a loss right now to see what to do, but I'll figure it out at some point. More exercise.. but then that's more food.. there's no way to win unless I keep trying.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    i give myself a couple of days to get back and if i don't then i (sadly) log it :(