300-400 Pound Club

Options

Replies

• OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I also have been heavy since high school. Many ups and downs later, I had hit my all time high of 348.8 back in July of this year. (I am 6'2) I found this site and it has been much easier with such good support, but it is still a DAILY struggle. I am down to around 325 and still have 90 to go, but slow and steady wins the race.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 334 lbs and I'm currently at 138 lbs. It's been a long journey with ups and downs, but well worth it!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the 300-400 pound club on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/9240-300-400-pound-club
  • SavageFeast
    Options
    Here's the link to the 300-400 pound club on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/9240-300-400-pound-club
  • SavageFeast
    Options
  • redcollins78
    redcollins78 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You have to have faith and stick too it. It's definitely a marathon and not a sprint but it can be accomplished. I started out at 363 lbs. back on 2/25/2012, now I'm down to 261 lbs. and that's with no pills, procedures, purging, or programs Just stick with it. If you believe, then you CAN achieve. Be Easy.

UpdatedProgress.jpg

UpdatedFlex.jpg
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I started out at 337 and have lost around 46 pounds so far. There are so many people who have started out weiging less than I do and have lost a TON more weight in the same amount of time that I have (it's been over a year and a half) but I'm thrilled with my weightloss. Sure I'm not losing quickly, but I'm learning how to make healthy choices and live everyday life - celebrate birthdays, anniversaires, holidays etc. I love actually love the fact that I'm losing a little bit slower because it seems it's given my skin a little extra time to adjust. That's one of the things I'm most scared of - that I'm going to have extra skin hanging all over the place. Anyone who reads this - feel free to add me. I'm active everyday (unless I have something major going on in my life) and love to give/get encouragement!
    Each of us learns, understands and then applies what we know at different rates. The LUA... Learn, understand and apply... Its healthy and affective for any learning and any choice you choose to do. Learn quickly, understand how it would work for you and then apply the principles to make it work. Keep on keepin' on as AA advocates...
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to have found this thread!

I started MFP last January 2012 at a weight of 356.
    Today I am at 263.
    I get very frustrated with my body as it is so slow gowing with the weight loss but using the forums on MFP has been so helpful.
    I have an ultimate goal of getting to 199, although I think I might have weighed this amount about 25 years ago.
    I try to remember that EVERY pound lost is an accomplishment.
    My resting pulse is in the 60's, I no longer have to take cholesterol medication, and I get positive feedback almost daily from my co-workers, which helps immensely.
    Keep up the good work and remember, every pound matters.

I hope to post a few pics once I get to 100 lbs lost. My treat to myself is going to be an upgraded smart phone. Wish me luck!

(tha'ts me in the picture to the right of my daughter the bride, from July)
    Congratulations... I too am glad to have a resting pulse rate back in the 60s...
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm happy to say I am no longer in that club. If I can get out of that club anyone can get out of that club!!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Please can I join this group? I started out on MFP at 282 but in August I was 293. I really identify with everything everyone has said and have been inspired by the messages here. Sometimes the challenge ahead seems overwhelming especially now as I have been trying so hard with exercise and calorie counting but in the last month or so my weight hasn't changed.

I'm not about to give up though. There is no quick fix so I'm going to keep making positive changes limiting the calories in and making daily exercise a way of life.

thanks for sharing everyone.
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job, hope to follow your path.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nice to see this thread...While I wasn't in this weight range I was close to it at 283.5 pounds and currently weigh 160 pounds.. It's been a long hard journey but oh so very worth it.. Good luck.
  • SavageFeast
    Options
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It's been over a year, but I've been on MFP. I started close to the 300's, ( modestly say just a flat 300, but I'm pretty sure I was closer to 330).

I've lost 70-something pounds. I've LEARNED a great deal more. And I live HAPPIER then ever because of the community here and what I feel I can achieve for my body (I want the abbs of a god x3 ).
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I started out weighing 325 lbs. I am down 55 lbs since May with only one goal: WEIGH LESS IN A WEEK THAN I DO TODAY. It doesn't matter if it is only by 1/2 a pound.

I've added another goal: STRENGTHEN MY MUSCLES. My hubby and I joined a fitness center this week to begin strength training so that we don't lose muscle as we lose weight.
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    I am 327 now and weighed 341 when I started. I was 350 at one point, twice my high school weight, which was 50 pounds too much.

My goal is not to be a size 10. When I was on weight watchers, my goal was 10 percent.

Now my goal is different. My goal is to stay within the plan.

If I stay on my calories, I have met my goal.

If I go to the gym and don't sleep in, I have met my goal.

If I go just a bit longer on the treadmill, I have met my goal.
  • lalalyn12
    lalalyn12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Latonya, have been overweight all my life..I never really had lost weight until I had my son 5 years ago and lost 60 pounds, but I was 370 around that time, and then I got down to 308...I stayed 320 for a year after that and the weight slowly crept up, around 2009 I started dieting here and there losing 10 to 15 then giving up, as of April 2012 I was at my heaviest 380..so I started my journey, I got down to 364 in May and stayed around there until I got back on my journey In Sept, now in August I knew had to do something, I was drinking alot of pop, and I had woke up cramping and felt a bladder infection coming on and I started just drinking water in august. It is Oct 26 and I am down 349.8 ( i think i lost more but have no weighed myself in a week or so due to TOM)..But I am taking this one day at a time, knowing that I need to lose 164 pounds is very overwhelming, but when I seen that other women have done it, and I seen that they have not gave up despite a good or bad day, and they seen results...I am not perfect on this journey, as we speak I am eating a slice of pizza..but I went to the gym and worked my but off 900 calories to be exact so I do not fee guilty for eating the pizza...now as the time go on, I will set goals for myself, like next month want to make sure I have a veggie or fruit with every meal so I can start getting use to eating veggies al the time, All I can do is take one day at a time, and do not give up...
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on March 15th 2012 at 548.8lbs, and I currently weigh 430lbs. I agree that having a massive amount of weight to lose is QUITE intimidating, and I would be lying if I said I didn't sometimes feel discouraged or look in the mirror and think of just how badly being morbidly obese for so long has disfigured my body. I try and just take things a day at a time, the days are gonna go by anyway right? May as well do something positive for myself in the process. I find that if I focus on the fact that I need to lose over 200lbs I become unmotivated and feel that it's impossible or "too late", so I just make small goals (5lbs at a time) and do my best to reach them.

It takes lots of patience. I think back of where I was a couple of months ago, and I'm just so grateful to be where I am right now at this moment. I was unable to walk, stand, sleep, every single movement was painful and in all honesty I just wanted to die. I knew that if I didn't do something about my weight that dying was inevitable, so I came here and poured my heart out and to my surprise found people that didn't judge me but offered encouragement and support. It saved my life. Obviously I still have a very long way to go, but even if I never make it to the 100's at least I know I'm in a better place than I was yesterday.

You can do this sweetie! :flowerforyou:

WOW :smooched: Thats is SO Awesome...U are my new hero lol...over 100 lbs in less than a Year!!! Now i jus feel lazy lol...I am soooooo friending U
  • SavageFeast
    Options