How do you like your tea?

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    I love just plain old green tea. Lipton's flavored teas are really good too, and I never do anything to them because they are sweet enough. Sometimes I'll put a little nectrese in my green tea if I have a sweet tooth. I'm not much a sweets person, so that would do it for me for the whole day, if not the whole week.
  • jonkers2012
    jonkers2012 Posts: 32 Member
    PG Tips, no milk, no sugar, strong - proper tea:smile:

Damn right! (though I like milk with mine :) tea and coffee are great drunk as they are, I don't get all the flavours and syrups people add! But, to each their own ;) and by the way, Waitrose own brand loose leaf tea will give you a wonderfully rich strong cuppa...
  • cechapman10
    cechapman10 Posts: 39 Member
    I like the Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger. I'm also a fan of Stash White Peach Oolong. I do either with a drop of honey.
  • I'm from the South and we like our tea SWEET but I love HOT tea too mainly green or raspberry.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    I order my tea from a store in Indianapolis and have it shipped to me. Loose-leaf, hand-blended teas. I drink everything cold. Nothing added except as noted: (In the winter I'll have an occassional chai tea latte. YUMMY!)

I've developed stomach problems and can no longer drink black tea. I've switched to red (which really isn't a tea but an herbal brew) and white.

I just call this store and say please walk around and tell me what you have blended and order over the phone! Love it!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Earl Grey. Hot. One pack of splenda.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    English breakfast or traditional black tea, hot with a dash of low fat milk and sugar

and a biscuit on the side :D

makes all my stress and troubles ease away :smile:
  • smiling_sushi
    smiling_sushi Posts: 46 Member
    My current addiction is the Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls (a green tea) from Teavana, with slightly less than a teaspoon of the German rock sugar Teavana sells. I make 16 oz every day and take it to work with me. The rock sugar adds just a hint of sweetness to the tea without overpowering the jasmine flavor. It's my delicious (and expensive) replacement for my coffee I had to give up due to health reasons.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Rooibos. It is earthy, but not so aromatic and overwhelming as so many herbal teas. Plus, it has no caffeine. You can put milk or half-half in it. Green tea loses some of its health benefits when it is adulterated with milk.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    I drink green tea and lemon/ginger tea. I do not add anything into them because they are perfect on their own.
  • I like tea a lot, but are you drinking it caffeinated or decaffeinated in the evening? I've read that coffee relaxes some people, but I don't know... I personally try to stay away from caffeine in the evenings, but maybe I'm just sensitive to it.

I love love LOVE Lapsang Lachong tea - it's very "smokey" - they dry the leaves over pine needles apparently.

I also like green tea and Sleepytime tea... the most I ever add is maybe a teaspoon of honey, but I usually drink it plain.
  • Chai tea with milk and sugar
    black tea with sugar or honey
    and fruity teas Pomogranite, Blueberry, Peach, Raspberry etc without sugar
  • grrlgeek
    grrlgeek Posts: 17 Member
    green tea, hot
    chai tea, with half-n-half
    black tea (not really brand/strain loyal here) with half-n-half and a teaspoon of turbinado sugar
    moroccan mint tea, hot
    red zinger, hot
    oh! and iced tea, with a twist of lemon or orange

but mostly, i am a coffee achiever... bold, leaded, white, and sweet
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Fruity flavored Stash tea, straight up. I have some very large coffee mugs that hold around 2c of water... so I put one tea bag in w/ boiling water, and steep for at least 5 minutes.

Black tea w/ lemon
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    My sister got some dried mint and some local sort of weed looking thing. We use it to make our own tea. Tastes great AND helps with allergies!
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    I’ve become a total tea freak!! About 3 years ago all the women at work invited me to my first “tea party” (funny being that I’m from the Boston-area). Now I start the day with a cup of coffee and spend the rest drinking tea. I drink loose teas (mostly) – caffeinated until about noon-1’ish; then I switch to green teas in the afternoon; and after 5 I mostly enjoy rooibos (not really tea but no caffeine and just as yummy as teas).
    Right now my loose tea selection includes: Caffeinated/Mornings: Pumpkin Pie, Hole’ Mole’, French Kiss, Sleepy Hollow Chai . Green & light caffeine Teas: Blueberry Bliss, 8 Treasures of Shaolin, and Chocolate Chai. And my Rooibos and Chai’s: Shake Your Boo-Tea, Provence, Dragonfly Song, and Gingerbread Latte.

I carry a few bags with me and those are mostly Harney & Sons – Paris, Hot Cinnamon Spice and Cranberry Autumn.
    Oh, and I take it, sometimes, with a little (less than ½ teaspoon agave/honey.
    See … total tea freak!!
    :blushing:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Love most teas just as is ,perfectly plain. I drink 3 or 4 - 16 oz teas a day, mostly green teas.
    But any cinnamon, vanilla or cocoa chai, and black teas, usually with a packet of stevia and a dash of skim milk or half and half.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I like tea a lot, but are you drinking it caffeinated or decaffeinated in the evening? I've read that coffee relaxes some people, but I don't know... I personally try to stay away from caffeine in the evenings, but maybe I'm just sensitive to it.

I love love LOVE Lapsang Lachong tea - it's very "smokey" - they dry the leaves over pine needles apparently.

I also like green tea and Sleepytime tea... the most I ever add is maybe a teaspoon of honey, but I usually drink it plain.

It's not so much the caffeine that bothers me, so much as the bitter taste the coffee left in my mouth. The tea I have now has caffeine but I think it's just the process of brewing and sipping on a hot beverage that helps me relax.
    I also drink a lot of chamomile or sleepytime tea to wind down at night.

This sounds like a great idea. Maybe I'll check one of these out next time.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Ahmad English Breakfast straight up iced.
  • love tea. usually drink it as is but i guess with chai or black tea you coud add a bit of cream (or milk whatever). Also I like to make a pot of green tea then let it cool then keep in refrigerated in a pitcher so I can drink it iced. You could do that with any tea. I also like honey in my tea and agave too makes a good sweetener.