Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done after a half hour run :) I'm using 2 bottles of bleach for weights until I get to shop this weekend. I hurt now, but hope its working!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options

(I just had a push up competition with one of the guys I work with during lunch and I won!)

Wow! That's impressive!

I just completed my 7th workout. I had to push myself a bit today, felt tired and cold and exercising was the last thing I wanted to do. But I did it and I'm so glad I did.
  • ceejay1982
    Options
    I understand that 30ds means 30day shred but what is it can one of U guys give me a website or something....uk is soooooo far behind!
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I understand that 30ds means 30day shred but what is it can one of U guys give me a website or something....uk is soooooo far behind!

If you google 30day shred, the whole thing is on YouTube :) good training!
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Options
    I'm in! I'm starting today too! (:
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 day 1 (with 4# weights) today too! I'm in!
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    completed day 3 today, i'm defiantly not as sore as yesterday, and feel like i'm starting to see results although surely its too soon?

No, the first time I did it I noticed a difference on day 3 as well. :)
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday using 5lb weights. I've done JM's Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism dvd, so I was familiar with a lot of the exercises. I love it and can't wait to see the end result!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Day 9, Level 1 DOWN! One more day of Level 1! I can't wait to start level 2, I'm getting bored with the predictable moves! I find myself going ahead of Jillian and give myself little breaks so she can keep up with me. I like the sounds of that. LOL! Definitely seeing and feeling changes. :glasses:
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    Started yesterday using 5lb weights. I've done JM's Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism dvd, so I was familiar with a lot of the exercises. I love it and can't wait to see the end result!

I've used that dvd too! She has alot of cardio in that one! Welcome aboard!
  • nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I start I start level 2 tomorrow & cannot wait!!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I just started on Monday! After reading through everyone's posts, I've decided to go the "shred shred cardio shred shred cardio rest" route. I did Day 2 Level 1 last night, so I'll do some cardio tonight and then do Day 3 tomorrow. I'm excited to get all the way through this!

Also, if anyone wants to add me, I'd love the extra motivation. I'm new to MFP, so I'm still figuring this all out.

I'm basically doing this too, but it's hard with my migraines. It seems like I've had to have sooo many rest days and it's pissing me off!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 9, Level 1 DOWN! One more day of Level 1! I can't wait to start level 2, I'm getting bored with the predictable moves! I find myself going ahead of Jillian and give myself little breaks so she can keep up with me. I like the sounds of that. LOL! Definitely seeing and feeling changes. :glasses:

Way to go you! I know what you mean. I'm getting bored too. But this morning will be Day 7 for me.
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    LEVEL 1 is DONE!! Thank goodness! I'm now watching Level 2 and am looking forward to Monday morning!

I've been meaning to take measurements but keep forgetting!
  • Alisha_Joy
    Alisha_Joy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. I actually found the dvd on youtube thanks to another post on here, so I am going to start my 30DS tonight when I get home. I want to be able to get through this entire series before I attempt Insanity again. I tried Insanity and it was an epic fail!
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm doing it too! AAGAIN :3

I found the youtubes, and I stream it through my xbox in the living room. Good times. I'm on day 2, level 1. I can't wait to kick it's *kitten* again. And then I'm going to try the 30day ripped.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I don't want to go through all the responses but does anybody know an approximate calorie count on this if you make it through the whole video? I will be starting level 1 day 1. The last time I tried to start this I could only get through about 15 minutes of it and then called Jillian every name I could think of and put the dvd away! I've had a little bit more conditioning since then and am ready to give her another chance.

edit to add * when I had set the stopwatch on my fitbit it said I had only burned like 20 calories and I'm pretty sure even in 15 minutes of staying with it I burned more than 20 calories.
  • Promethea79
    Promethea79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just found this tread . I will start the JS 30 day ripped series tonight and every OTHER day to prevent injury. Good luck!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Did Day 2 of level one yesterday and it was harder to do than the first day. I can tell my muscles were tired. I think I'm also going to do shred, shred, cardio, shred, shred, cardio, rest. My thighs are sore from the lunges and my shoulders from the anterior raises with 5lb weights. I need to buy 3lb weights for those, otherwise 5lb weights are ok for the other moves. I may even use 8lb weights for the chest flys. Today, I will do Zumba and then back at it tomorrow :).
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    Just finished day 9, level 1! Last day tomorrow then onto level 2! I previewed level 2 and am a little anxious! It looks HARD!!!