What is the most weight you've ever lost...then gained back?

Options

Replies

• yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    IN MY 30'S I LOST OVER 100PDS!! :smile: KEPT IT OFF A WHILE THEN GAINED IT ALL BACK PLUS MORE.:sad: :cry: I AM GOING TO LOSE IT AGAIN AND NEVER REGAIN IT BACK!!!!!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!:flowerforyou:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I was at 400, got down to around 250, then found myself at 360 before I knew it. I'm at 269 right now. Getting back to 250 is my immediate goal, then I'll see what I want to do from there.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    lost about 50 gained 100 :grumble:
  • HeidiSmith419
    HeidiSmith419 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Previous to this time? 50lbs lost was as far as I was able to go. And that was a side effect of medication I was on. Otherwise it was 25-30lbs. I gained slowly over the last 17 years so I don't think there were any times I could pinpoint that I gained a great deal in a short amount of time (relative here because I WAS 362lbs so 20lbs in one year wouldn't have looked like a lot when you are nearly 200lbs overweight).

my ticker shows the most I have ever lost and I plan to keep going ALL THE WAY. Then reconstructive surgery, then lose a little more ;)
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    lost 100 gained back
    lost 75 gained back
    lost 90 gained back
    lost 50 gained back

I will lose this time again but do not want to gain back.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40+ lbs numerous times using things like Weight Watchers.

This time I have lost 87lbs but I decided to change the way I eat, and exercise, and not only have I lost double the weight I ever have in the past, I have kept it off as well. It's all about lifestyle change!!! its not a diet, this journey will never end.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    i was never overweight until i had a stroke, then gained over about 8 years.. highest weight was 246. started at MFP at 233. im currently tottering at 200...

I hope and pray i dont gain.

Questions for those who HAVE gained...

What made you gain it back? I dont want to go back there. What are the mistakes you made?

I lost and gained the same 40 lbs over and over. I never changed my lifestyle and I never exercised. I would lose the weight and then go back to my old habits. I needed new habits. It hasn't been an easy road, but I know this is a lifestyle change and a journey that will NEVER end, it can't, or I will gain the weight back. I am so much more happy and confident, etc. now after losing 87lbs I don't want to go back to the old kim. I CANT I WONT
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I went from 200 to 150 when I was a teen. Gained 65 pounds at 19. Lost 70 pounds at 21. Kept it off until the last two years and then I gained 45 pounds again. I had three jobs one that was very demanding on my time plus I am taking university courses. I ate the wrong things because they were quick. I stopped paying attention to portion sizes and was even matching my husbands portions. I found excuses to not exercise usually I don't have time. I stopped going on the scale for weeks at a time to avoid the dissapointement.
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    325 to 150 to 225 to 155 to 240 to... uuuuuugh... working on that.
  • Sarabeth1980
    Sarabeth1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I lose and gain the same freaking 10lbs. I am currently at 151, I dance between 162 and 152... Would like to be 140-145, depending on body composition. Highest post pregnancy was after I stopped breastfeeding, but didn't change my eating. I was ~170lbs. I am 5'8 and 32y/o
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I lost 102 on Weight Watchers and then gained it back. Very disappointing. I lost 248 pounds and then gained back 30 and I am working on getting those 30 back off now. It's not small task!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds once on Jenny Craig. I started at 190 and got down to 130. Then I couldn't afford to pay for the food anymore and it all came back on.

Every time I see that commercial for Nutra System with that woman that says, "Open the box...eat the food....lose weight.", I want to scream.
  • Melody751
    Melody751 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just had my Mirena taken out.. I figured it was doing more damage than good, but can it really make you gain weight? Is that why my weight would have skyrocketed last year?
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lost baby weight with 1st and 2nd child (30 lbs each time) didn't gain that back until I pregnant again. After 3rd I had 50 lbs to lose. I lost 20 in the first year and then gave up. Lost the other 30 a couple years ago and I have gained 20 back since then. After I lost the weight with first 2 kiddos it just stayed off. After my 3rd though it crept back slowly. I can't really put a specific problem to why I gained it back except that my metabolism must have slowed down with my age. When I had my first 2 I was in my 20's. Now I'm 35 and it's much harder to lose it and to keep it off. I also had a much more active job with my first 2. I went from being a server to a desk job.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 pounds back in 2008, but gained 70 pounds throughout my twin pregnancy. I am now down approximately 90 pounds, and never going back!
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    this topic is depressing to read!:sad:
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I gained about 30 pounds, lost 25, then gained it all back again. I'm working on losing it again, and KEEPING it off this time.
    When you start getting too comfortable about portions, and what you eat, and you start working out less.....that's when it will creep back on. I refuse to do all that work again, just to gain it back again.
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 70 pounds when I was 16. After 4 years I gained back 100 pounds. horrible I know, but I got it this time.
  • mclarkin75
    mclarkin75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs in 2006. Diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2007 and gained 70 lbs back.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Lowest adult weight: 120. Gained 100 pounds, got down to 185, then bounced back up to 232. Down to 171, then up to 252. On my way back down, currently 202.

Every time I got stuck, I quit. Working now on changing my thinking. This is NOT a diet, it's a lifestyle. I've blown through a major milestone though, I've never been able to stick with a plan for more than 5-6 months. The fact that I'm at 8+ months is a really big deal for me, and tells me that I am changing my mindset. I'm also far more focused on fitness and health than on the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!