Pooping...

Options
sorry to be the one to start this topic... hope its not inappropriate but hey were all humans here

so my question is...
how often do you poop? and what is "normal" for a healthy diet?

Replies

• terrabit
    terrabit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I poop about once per hour, or about 24 times per day.
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    Some people (like me) go everyday. Some people only go every couple of days, which is fine as long as it's not hard or painful to go. Everyone is a little different. But if you notice a big change in frequency or consistency, you should probably check with your doctor.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Some people (like me) go everyday. Some people only go every couple of days, which is fine as long as it's not hard or painful to go. Everyone is a little different. But if you notice a big change in frequency or consistency, you should probably check with your doctor.

i once once a day at the very least.. very rare for me to go a day without.. sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.
    hopefully more people will chime in if they arent too embarassed, im very curious what the norm is around here
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My bowels take after my mother's, unfortunately. At best, I go every other day. Typically every 3-4 days.

It's not difficult or painful, but I always feel stopped up. I can't go on command; there has to be an "urge". If I'm not able to go when I get that urge, it'll be at least another day before I can go again.
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    3-4 times a day.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Daily....usually when I get up in the morning.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a day.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    2-4 timesn a day normally
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Every two days usually.

edit: How are you guys pooping so often?
  • Kimaw65
    Kimaw65 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to go every day usually in the morning but I've noticed since I've started drinking more water and eating more fruits and vegetables i.e., healthier foods v. processed foods I'm only going every couple of days. Maybe my body is processing more of the food I'm eating so less is being "wasted".
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Every two days usually.

edit: How are you guys pooping so often?

that made me giggle..
    lol

anyways.. I'm not sure.. I've almost always (since I can remember).. gone that much.. check out my diary maybe? lol..
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It is normal to poop anywhere between three times a day to once every three days, which averages out to once a day. But as long as its between those to figures you are normal. Also the movements should be solid without straining. If theyare loose or you have to strain every time then you should see a doctor.

So assuming everyone here so far is having solid movements, they are all normal.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Clearly this whole thread carries a TMI warning but none the less... TMI warning.

The first thing I notice when I'm falling of the diet wagon is the increase in frequency and volume. GROSS but true because if you eat more....

When following a healthy diet with lots of natural fiber and between 1200 - 1800 calories I usually go every other day. When I focus on increasing my protein, I tend to get some constipation, otherwise the bowel movements seems to be based on volume and processing time.

For those of you that are slaves to your scale - eating a high fiber diet will hold more liquid in your gut system which will make it look like you've gained weight. It's water weight, just not the kind we usually think of!
  • chinoplata
    chinoplata Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I go every time i wake up. Occassionally at night also but after a huge day of binging i go three times a day for the next couple of days
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I only go about every 3-4 days hmmm
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I poop about once per hour, or about 24 times per day.

Oh wow, you might want to get that checked out buddy. Lol. Anyway, it would be preferred if you go once everyday, but you should really start doing something about it if you don't have a bowel movement for three consecutive days. No straining when doing so and it has to be semi to fully solid, light to dark brown in color :)

Heh, nursing knowledge helps :)
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Before I gave up gluten, it was every few days and always a struggle. Now it's daily, and easy, and I don't worry about needing a plunger! And if I make the mistake of having only coffee and fruit for breakfast, it's within 10 minutes, lol.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    depends on how much i've been eating/drinking. a lot of food with fiber/fat = lots of trips to the bathroom. on a good day, i'd say twice per day. on a bad day, it could be anywhere from 8-10 times, but only if my stomach is upset. humidity and head also kills my stomach and makes it worse.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    1~2 x a day. This is a funny post. Poop will always make people laugh.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    This is one of those, "I'll never look at any of you the same way again" type threads... :noway: