Pooping...

Options
12346»

Replies

• rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    does anyone else's vary? sometimes its multiple times a day, sometimes it isn't for three days. sometimes it's loose and sometimes its straining but mostly fine. but there definitely isn't a pattern. anyone else?

Yes, that sounds about right. I can usually relate it to what I've eaten, and also as someone else said, the time of the month. When I go away on holiday I don't go for the first few days, I just put that down to a change in diet/water. If I've had a beer or gone out for a curry it can be loose. Mainly it's okay and 1-3 times a day.

Wow a poop thread, just recently every thread has been visited by the drama llama and I've had to avoid, but this one is going well. A bit like me :wink:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm going right now.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I eat approximately 4 apples and about a pound of other fruits per day.. and i STILL only go every 4-5 days. Thankfully, i havent had a flare in several months!
    When my son was having 'backed up' issues, his gastro-enterologist said apples are actually binding, not the other way around. He use do eat a couple apples a day, now he eats an apple about every other day. (he also had to be on double-the-adult-dose P's Miralax for two months...)
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My bowels take after my mother's, unfortunately. At best, I go every other day. Typically every 3-4 days.

It's not difficult or painful, but I always feel stopped up. I can't go on command; there has to be an "urge". If I'm not able to go when I get that urge, it'll be at least another day before I can go again.

I would be very careful. my husband has had this same issue all his life, and just over a year ago ended up having to have surgery for a bowl upstruction because of it becoming to compacted. Now he takes a stool softener everyday
  • Musically_Blessed
    Options
    This is slightly strange.
    Just to contribute, 1-2 times a day>_>
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    According to dr's we should be like babies and poop after every meal. However, with the standard american diet, we are not. Changing your diet to a more wholesome, whole grain will result in better bowel movements & ultimately better health.

I've heard that about babies long time ago, and it affected me a lot. Since that time if I don't go at least once a day, I freak out that I ave all that inside me. I feel the best when it's twice a day.
    I try to eat yogurt and drink a lt of water. And also I eat plums, it helps a lot.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I eat approximately 4 apples and about a pound of other fruits per day.. and i STILL only go every 4-5 days. Thankfully, i havent had a flare in several months!
    When my son was having 'backed up' issues, his gastro-enterologist said apples are actually binding, not the other way around. He use do eat a couple apples a day, now he eats an apple about every other day. (he also had to be on double-the-adult-dose P's Miralax for two months...)

Actually an apple AND a bottle of water will make him go.
  • Tiale54
    Options
    Hi :) if you're having trouble drinking water is good!!! your body needs water in order to work properly and its the same for poop.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I used to go every day usually in the morning but I've noticed since I've started drinking more water and eating more fruits and vegetables i.e., healthier foods v. processed foods I'm only going every couple of days. Maybe my body is processing more of the food I'm eating so less is being "wasted".

Yep, me too.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Varies a bit for me, when I was a young woman I went ~every 3 days after all this wt gain, at least once a day sometimes up to 4, now generally 1/day *if* I get in the veggies. My *little friend* messes up my patterns big time, constipated before and very loose to diarrhea just after, but not every month. I just think my body, like the rest of me, is just plain weird.

A nutritionist did tell me humans should have a BM after every meal and as a CNA, I can *say* when folks eat regular they poop regular. yeah, I know...TMI
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm going right now.

:drinker:
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Usually once - twice day. Depending on how "healthy" my food has been.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Surely that guy doesn't really poop every hour!!!!! By pooping I am assuming that you mean actually doing a poo (maybe he thinks you are talking about passing wind?!) - I go once most days but people's bodies are obviously different!