Plenty of Fish?

Options
fortysixpounds
fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
Thinking about joining Plenty of Fish never tried internet dating before...but maybe I should, anyone any good experiences?

Also I need a username, any suggestions :smile:

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    catcherofmen
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    RichandLonely
  • dan09554
    dan09554 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    joined plenty of fish in october 04. met a young lady, only 1 tho. married her in 2010
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Plenty of Fish = Plenty of Crap
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just recently got engaged to my boyfriend of almost 3 years...met him on plenty of fish. There's no denying you will have to weed through some losers, weirdos and perverted creeps. But hey, that's technically anywhere. Good luck, there are good ones out there!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    i met my girlfriend of two years on that site...we were sooooo close to getting married even. Sadly, we are no longer together but my experience on Plenty of Fish was a good one. I say go for it!
  • VeganVamp
    Options
    Plenty of **** more like. In my experience there's a heck of a lot of weirdos on it, which is a shame as it's free!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Let's see, there are the married men who say they are divorced, the men with addiction issues, the ones looking for just sex, and then there was the one who gives me a great story to tell.

The guy had had bone cancer as a kid. They took out his knee and installed a rod so he could walk. He had trouble driving (right leg) so he asked me to pick him up. (All true by the way.) I knocked on his door, and he opened it wide. He was standing there buckass naked and it was NOT a pretty sight.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Today may not be the day for my opinion due to a recent breakup with someone I met on Plenty of Fish (POF), but here goes

POF has decent men on it, but you have to weed thru alot of weirdos and creeps. I get alot of sex emails and that can be frustrating. Just remember that you need to go in with an open mind.

I have also used EHarmony (where you pay) I signed up in January and found some men were the same from POF but I didn't really get to use it becuase I met the guy above on POF shortly after. I just recently signed up again and I only have 21 matches, haha, where on POF I'd have 1000's. It was frusterating that maybe only 1 or 2 I would reply too but I hope being on a paid site I can cut out the crap men who aren't serious.

So I say give POF a try, but know you will get emails that frustrate you. It takes time. Let us know how it goes.

ETA: Mine was kind of a bummer, but it can work. I dated someone 2 years, someone 5 months, someone 9 months. I know several people married from online dating. Just go in with an open mind becuase not everyone on there wants what they say they do.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    my aunt used plenty of fish. . . she got her PLENTY of booty calls rofl.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    how bout Angelfish
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    POF = Plenty Of Freaks
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    +1 for plenty of ****.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago and had a decent experience. I "met" quite a few guys on there but they didn't always lead to actual dates because I like to get to know someone a little bit through email/phone first and so some guys would lose interest if you weren't interested in meeting up right away. In the end I met my current BF (of nearly 2 years) on another dating website though.

Its just like any dating site, you'll find a lot of creepy/weird/strange guys mixed in with the good/sweet/nice guys and you just have to go through the process of finding out what side they fall into. I would always meet people in a public place on the first date and never really had a bad experience other than the guy not turning out to be who he said he was a few times. Which is another point, be honest with your profile and post a recent picture. You'd be surprised how many guys don't and are obviously 5+ years older than the picture they used and fudge on their age. One guy said he was 30, but in reality was 40+ (I probably still would have gone out at least once with him because I tend to lean toward older guys but that big of a lie on the first date was a huge NO so it never went past that first date). Also don't be afraid to take a chance on a guy who might not be everything you think you want because you'll be surprised.

I know lots of couples that met online, including my sister who is getting married this coming Thursday! It can be a good way to meet people you might not have otherwise, just be realistic about it and have fun.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I never used POF, but I've used match.com for the last year and a half. Met a lot of men just out for sex, not looking for anything serious. Got really good at spotting that early on, after a second date. If you tell them you have a 5 date rule before having sex it weeds out a lot of the creeps. However, I've met some really great people on it too. My current boyfriend I met on there. It does help weed out some of the BS that takes other ppl several dates to get through. You know if they aren't the same religion, political view or even if they care about their health or not. I warn you though, it's not like shopping for a car, can't really take each one for a test drive, but it's a great way to get back into the dating world. Especially for those of us that don't believe in meeting ppl at a bar, at church, or at work. :) Good Luck!!
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on there. We have been together 2 years and married for 1.
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online. We've been together for over 10 years now. There are a lot of losers to sift through, but it's fun and worth it!
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thinking about joining Plenty of Fish never tried internet dating before...but maybe I should, anyone any good experiences?

Also I need a username, any suggestions :smile:

I have met some great friends there. I have found that there are a number of guys that won't even respond to me because of my weight and it used to upset me but in time I realized these are not the guys I would want to date anyway. I wish you the best of luck if you try it. I'm still there and still making good friends.
  • gmctech
    gmctech Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    POF= crazies galore... what a waste of time it was....
  • thephysiquemechanic
    Options
    Haha yup crazies galore is right...Alot of creeper girls on there. Pretty funny the messages i used to get on there lol.