I am taunted by neighbours when I run up the street

Options

Replies

• lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You can't fix stuped or insensitive. Try asking them to join you LOL. Ignore them and keep up the good work.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are inspiring to someone who isn't shouting out idiot things. Someone is silently watching you and wondering if they have the courage to do like you are. One of these days the slobs that drool the stupid words for no good reason will be unhealthy and sickly. You will be passing them all up healthy and living like you want. Karma is a *itch. Keep happy. Live your life!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You have two middle fingers choose one use it and keep running!
  • Vorvolaka
    Options
    I can't believe people can be such ****s :/ This used to happen to me as well, till I showed them. I lost a LOT of weight and they stopped. You'll see that once you get to your goal weight, you'll show them and they will shut up. I can't believe their showing their child to be that disrespectful .
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow that is terrible. No you should expect your neighbors to be respectful. Good for you though keep running. No answers for you as I'd take my dog who doesn't like anyone and has to be heavily muzzled when she goes with me. Most time people have no intention of ticking her off. Also, this whole thing would tick my husband off and then he would get involved. So I think headphones and ignore the whole thing. Keep going
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm a little envious of your running. I'm afraid to... I don't want to tear calf muscles. I hope you're proud of your accomplishments and wish you all the best. on a side note, it irks me that evil nasty people are permitted to reproduce.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    To be honest, seeing a fat person run is sort of entertaining. You can laugh with them too. Sometimes people make fun of the faces I make at the gym while I'm lifting, but I laugh with them too.
  • babalee
    babalee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well with your weight and with your running! I love to run, too.

You are also brave to approach these ignorant "neighbours". (They are not good neighbours)

Since you have let them know that you are offended by their comments, you can do no more. As others have suggested, what goes around, comes around. Hopefully, what went around was your thoughtful way of requesting they stop their taunting. And what comes around is better behaviour from them. Perhaps, in time, they will think about what you said and regret hurting your feelings. We can only hope.

As for headphones and running outside... I know a lot people run with headphones outside but, I worry about your safety. With your hearing impairment, it is probably best that you allow yourself to hear traffic and other dangers. Sadly, that means that you might have to hear people being idiots. Be the better person that you already are. Know that you are wonderful and good and beautiful.
  • reddevil29
    reddevil29 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This crap really annoys me....How dare they be so cruel!! Honestly you are doing an amazing job, you are right not to let idiots like that stop you from doing what you love and as someone else said I just know there are people out there that are inspired by you trying to get healthier....Keep a brave face on and next time flash them a big cheesy grin if they say anything just show them their comments are not gonna get you down :flowerforyou:
  • immeagain
    Options
    I say screw them!! You are getting out and moving, look how far you have come with your weight loss. If people harass those who are trying to change their life then screw them all!! Like everyone said, put on your headphones and keep on running!! If you see people making comments, just turn and smile and wave!!! Don't let their ignorance get you down!! Soon you will be a "loser" who wins!! I can't believe the stupidity of people, this world is so screwed up!!
  • nmn2
    nmn2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow! People amaze me how hateful they can be! I am however a firm believer in karma so they will get what's coming to them! I feel sorry for their kid, like you said he does not know better and he's going to grow up thinking bullying is acceptable. What a shame! Keep doing what your doing and keep your head up high, I find you quite inspiring. I am just starting my weight loss journey and am a size 16 and 200 lbs and am struggling on my walks I hope I get to the point in my health where I can run for that long AND enjoy it! Keep it up!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I say eff em. You've made terrific progress. You were right to say something. Unfortunately they seem like people who will justify that kind of bad behavior no matter what. Ignore them as best you can.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I don't know how some people can be so nasty. Good for you for keeping your head held high!! Keep running and don't worry about them!! :)
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Those people should be ashamed of themselves...sick sick people....never give up on yourself because of sick people like that....continue being proud of yourself and show them you is real :)
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Use it as motivation to keep going harder and harder once you reach your goal that will shut them up
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Isn't this considered harrassment? Can you call the police to file a complaint? I wouldn't be surprised if people like this are harrassing others as well.
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You have two middle fingers choose one use it and keep running!

Ditto :)
  • bwagner62
    Options
    They are obviously very stupid hooligans. You are doing something good for yourself and you should be proud. God bless you. I am 50 yrs old have lost 20lbs not sur ewhat that is in stone, but I need to lose another 80 lbs minimum depending on who I listen to. I can't seem to get motivated to even walk forget running. I was in the Marine Corps when I was younger and use to love exercise, now I hate it. I am impressed and inspired by you. Keep it up mate!

Semper Fidelis
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I am an American, but also a true anglophile, so I am very fond of the UK, however their is one habit there that I think should end. People there tend to be very negative about others improving themselves, as if all of life were a zero sum game.

All I can say is hold your head up high and keep it up, your "cousins" across the pond are cheering for you.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wait until night and throw bags of dogcr@p at their doors! Buhhuhuhuhuhhhhh