I am taunted by neighbours when I run up the street

Options

Replies

• Alejandro_GFT
    Options
    Your next workout should be boxing, knock there *kitten* out
  • soulundefined
    Options
    Remember that YOU MATTER!!!! They do not know you or your journey and how hard you have worked to get there. :bigsmile: so play that music.. pound that pavement and enjoy yourself. You paid for the road as much as those mean jerks! To YOUR JOURNEY!!! :drinker: cheers!
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    These people are not worth your time or attention. I am really floored that anyone could act like this. I bet if you challenged the adults to distance run they would not be able to keep up with you.
  • jules606
    Options
    It's disgusting that adults are bullying and that they are teaching kids to do the same. Keep up the good work and kill them with kindness. You may want to inquire with the city if they have a work permit tee hee. Karmas a b**** !
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    I feel sorry for the child who grows up in that enviroment...
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Keep running and one day when they need something remember this moment.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Some people have no class :(

Keep running gal! It sounds like you have some cruel trash for neighbors. I don't know why they would pick on someone trying to better her health.

^^^^^THIS!!! The guy is probably jealous that he can't get the motivation up to run...nice example for him to set for his son (rolls eyes)
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    This is just mind-numbing in its cruelty. I agree about earphones and ignoring them. But, if it still bothers you is there a track you can go run on? A school somewhere?
  • _OxMan_
    _OxMan_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1 Universe, 8 Planets, 204 Countries, 804 Islands, 7 Seas, 7 Billion people. Don't let 1 insignificant person/speck affect your awesomeness. Keep it up. :D
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    OMG that is so incredibly rude. I'm so very sorry for you and I personally feel you are freaking awesome! You keep running and you keep showing your beautiful self to the world. They are a bunch of nasty, rude, individuals who are rasing another generation of rude obnoxious brats. Do not pay them any attention at all. They are not worth your time!
  • jjpavio
    jjpavio Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow. They are ignorant trash. You are an AMAZINGLY strong person. Don't let these complete low lives get in your head. (However, if they continue or escalate their harassment, you may be wise to consider calling the police.)

I am inspired by your success and dignity.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    if i could continuously run for 8.5 miles or 2 hours I wouldn't care what anyone said. I'd be the proudest happiest runner on the planet. Nobody would be able to bring me down. Don't give any negative comments a second thought. They just aren't worth it. If you got a true glimpse inside their lives you would more than likely pity them. So just do what you do and let them do what they do. Any person worth your time will not behave in that manner. Go you. What you're doing is fantastic and inspirational to those of us who aspire to your fitness level.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    You can't fix stupid....you can lose weight, but they will always be ignorant sorry excuses for humans. I am extremely proud of your weight loss & that you have found a healthy activity that you enjoy. Keep it up & don't worry about them...or any of them...THEY JUST DON'T MATTER....
  • whitneyas
    whitneyas Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how rude some people are! I would chase them with a hot fire poker or something and see how fast and for how long they can run- probably not 8.5 miles!
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was going to post call the building inspector, but that would be lowering you to there level. Good luck keep on running, you are not doing it for them.
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    *LOSERS* Headphones and keep on running......
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Stupid, stupid people. That's outrageous. I'm so sorry you have to put up with that.

You should stop and invite them to run with you. See if they can keep up with you.
    I bet you a million bucks that they CAN'T.

Just keep on running. I applaud your amazing achievements.
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    *kitten*! Put on your ipod and keep on runnin' ...

Couldn't have put it better myself - you say you are fat - but soon you will be thin and healthy, if you hold your head high and keep on running. Your neighbours, however, will always be dumb *kitten* - you win!!!!!!

This!!!

Good for you.
  • cmrg75
    cmrg75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You just keep on runnin' girl! You are amazing.

I absolutely agree with the others, head phones on and tune them out!
    People are cruel when they are jealous of others achievements.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    10 % of people are genetic a**holes. They can't help it, they wetre born that way. Keep running and don't let them get to you. Prove them wrong and stay strong. Best wishes to you and great job!!!!!!!!!