I am taunted by neighbours when I run up the street

Options

Replies

• OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    They must be jealous. Ignore the bullies. All the more power to you. That's a great loss.
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    You keep running and enjoy yourself. Headphones on. They can't do what you can, I bet! I hope you don't have to look at them all the time, like right outside your windows! Man, people are so rude, I can't get over someone even saying anything like that to another person. Nevermind teaching your child that that's ok. Geez! Your the better person, just remember that. Keep away and ignore them, cuz that little brat's going to grow up and be out there on his own one day. Lousy future in your neighborhood. Change it while you can maybe and bring them a welcome to the neighborhood plate of cookies or baked goods or fruit or something, say something like we started out on the wrong foot or something like that, just so they aren't a"holes for the rest of your living near each other. Butt holes. Good luck!
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You really can't fix stupid... or inbred. I'm sorry you have to deal with these mouth breathers :-(

A lion does not concern itself with the opinion of a donkey.
    This!
  • Rickyvsg
    Options
    Crazy! I'm v sorry you have stupid neighbors! I like the dog idea.... Plus who can run for 2 hrs!? That's awesome! Your inspirational
  • n8smamma
    n8smamma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    *kitten*! Put on your ipod and keep on runnin' ...

Couldn't have put it better myself - you say you are fat - but soon you will be thin and healthy, if you hold your head high and keep on running. Your neighbours, however, will always be dumb *kitten* - you win!!!!!!

^^^this
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Remember to rise above it. Let the problem be theirs not yours. And if their house accidently burns down oh well.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    That is why it's legal to carry guns here in the US.

And KEEP running. I actually got a compliment on my legs today. That is a first!

Does carrying a gun make it legal to shoot inconsiderate people?

No, you can't shoot inconsiderate people, that's why we have stun guns and tazers too. :laugh:
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good for u for sticking to it - the same happened to me a couple of years ago and I literally stopped my 16 miles run to call me husband to pick me up. That was the last time I ran in public and I remain paranoid. We just got a treadmill from my brother and I'm hoping to be able to get back to running and lose this weight. Every time I try to run outside, I cut it short because I'm embarrassed. I also only run after dark as a result and that isn't easy to do!
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know you how you feel - I been trying to run for a while and I do look funny I am the most uncoordinated person ever! - someone took a video of me in the City2Surf - awful but at least you are doing it and setting a good example to folks around you - inspirational unlike the example those parents are setting for their child - Like everyone else says put those headphones end - hold your head up and go for it - I wish I could run for 2 hours - I struggle with 5 minutes at a time - **** them all! You keep on goig girl! You rock! They are small minded and not worth your energy.
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you stop running the *kitten* will have won!! Your doing great keep it up!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    keep your earphones in and now that its getting cold, get a hoodie that says Fu*k you.

hahaha, okay maybe not..but,its something i would do..

and who lets there kids talk to someone like that,*kitten* need to teach there kids some manners.. well, the parents seem like they dont have any, either. im sorry,but, your new neighbors suck!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I agree with keeping your music turned up and keep going. Don't let them get to you. Sad thing is, they prolly couldn't run 8+ miles even if they were being chased, thin or not. They suck. People are so horrible to each other. I hope those mean people are proud of themselves.
  • Leeannboswell
    Options
    Those people are just plain ignorant.

Keep on running! Good for you - 8.5 mi? Jeez you will be a stick in no time. Keep it up!

Mean people are not worth one second of your thoughts. You may need to lose weight - you'll reach your goal, but they'll always be butt heads.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Your nice they would have gotten told a few choices words and later their car tires would be on flat. *****es don't fluck with me like your stupid. I don't tolerate idiots breathing in my air. Your soo cool to run that far as my feet would collapse after my two miles I do. They mad bc they can't run..
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Headphones, and a t-shirt that says "My fat @ss can outrun your rude @ss. Jerk"

:laugh:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    That is why it's legal to carry guns here in the US.

And KEEP running. I actually got a compliment on my legs today. That is a first!

Does carrying a gun make it legal to shoot inconsiderate people?

No, it doesn't, but I can feel superior in showing restraint by not doing so :happy:
    That said, I cannot imagine the depths of inadequacy one must feel to want to hurl insults at a total stranger for no reason whatsoever. Your neighbors are complete boors and I do pity the son for the rude awakening he will surely get someday at the hands of someone bigger and badder than he.
  • harmanee2000
    harmanee2000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know from experience how much these little things hurt inside. I don't understand why people make fun of people who are trying to do something positive about their health. I'm so proud of you! You keep running. Don't let their ignorance deter you from your goals
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options

LIKE times 1000!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I get all my exercise at the YMCA where everyone is so encouraging and uplifting. I took a really hard class today with lots of running and circuit training. Everyone in the class was fit except me. I'm 285 lbs. They just encouraged me the whole way and they literally cheered when I finally finished several minutes behind everyone else. One super-fit guy joined me for my last circuit. People don't have to be jerks.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

oh! i like that better!