Weight Watchers drop out... are you ?

Options
1235»

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am so well versed in the Points Plus system that tracking calories instead seems kind of a burden to me. Yesterday I tracked all of my calories including the "0" point fruit, and it was kind of a pain. Granted I'm not used to tracking calories vs points, but still...

On Points Plus I have myself set to 40 points a day, plus all of my weekly.

Rather than a limit of say, 1600 calories, I'm thinking of setting up the MFP tracker to show only 40 calories. I already know the point values of all of the foods I eat as I am a creature of habit, so I can perhaps track it that way. Say, my usual breakfast was six points, so I will enter 6 calories into the MFP tracker.

The only thing that is missing is the weekly points, which I suppose I can track manually.

What do you guys think? Other suggestions?
  • ramonapearce
    ramonapearce Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I could probably teach the meetings, I've gone to so many over the years. I lost 60 pounds on it but had a hard time sticking to it after that. The meetings got dull and boring and I felt like I kept hearing the same things over and over. Drink water before you eat, eat popcorn for snacks, limit alcohol and sugar, exercise, etc.

This my first time using this site, and one of my coworkers lost a good deal of weight so we'll see!
  • bevcrockett
    bevcrockett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I did WW successfully 12 years ago. Then I quit smoking 7 years ago and gained 57 lbs. over 5 years. My husband is now retired and the cost for WW is ridiculous. A friend told me about my fitness pal and I love it. I have also turned two of my friends that did WW with me. I am very excited! This is a great website.
  • amberrose724
    Options
    same here.i've been on and off weight watchers for years but not much has happened with it.it's too easy losing all your points in one shot and it's frustrating and plus you can easily eat junk food on ww and that'll be it for the day.i really don't like it anymore.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Loved weight watchers before the calculators. It got to be too much of a pain in the butt trying to put in some formula while grocery shopping with two kids. If they went back to the old way I would go back. Its not even the motivational meetings. I like the pressure of a total stranger weighing me (and in my warped mind judging me) once a week.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If you do WW, you are not eating junk food. You are simply allowed to have things you enjoy in moderation. You still need to get all of the GHG, including 5 to 6 servings of fruits and veggies, healthy oils, dairy, etc.

I intend to follow MFP the same way I did WW - this time I'm just not paying $18 a month for an Online tracker.