Breakfasts 200-300 calories

Options

Replies

• hpsNcrvs
    Options
    1 fried egg..with cheyenne pepper..between 2 lightly toasted slices of whole wheat bread..with mozerella shreds and mustard.

Protein
    Carbs
    Fat
    Fiber

250 cals and quite tasty :-p
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I like a Chobani greek yogurt and a piece of fruit (banana, apple, orange, some grapes, etc.). Generally about 250-275 calories.
  • dominikaro
    Options
    My usual breakfast items are: eggs (boiled, poached or scrambled with no butter), rye bread dry thins (http://www.fazer.com/Global/Atmospheric/FB_crisp_620x400.jpg) which build my sandwich on, apples and other fruits, high protein joghurt, buttermilk, cottage cheese, spinach, sprouts, salmon, ham, cheese... Not all at once, of course.

I'n the winter, when I need some warm food, I usually eat oatmeal with some crushed banana inside. I make it with water, not milk.

As for the bread, you'll get used to not having it.
  • texasaswang
    texasaswang Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a small bean taco and yogart off and on.

Calories Carbs Fat Protien
    Mission - Carb Balance Flour Tortilla Small-Fajita, 1 tortilla 80 13 2 3
    Kroger - Cowpals String Cheese Part-Skim Mozzarella , 1 piece 80 0 5 7
    Rosarita - No Fat Traditional Refried Beans , 0.165 cup (128g) 33 6 0 2
    Yoplait - Light Strawberries 'n Bananas, 1 container 90 16 0 5
    Tomato Slices - Fresh, 3 slices 14 2 0 1
    Total: 297 37 7 18
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Some Quaker oatmeal with sliced up strawberries/bananas with nuts (almonds, walnuts) then sprinkle some cinnamon on top. About 250 calroies or so and tons of health benefits.
  • proudaunt
    Options
    I have struggled with breakfast for years but I recently found something that is quick and fills me up. As long as you don't mind a pre-package meal, try Weight Watchers or Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches (they are identical to an "egg mcmuffin" and you have a choice of either turkey sausage or Canadian Bacon). If you follow the microwave instructions, they turn out perfect.
  • ztdavis82
    ztdavis82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I make an open-faced breakfast sandwich:

1 piece of toast (I use Alvarado St. Bakery California Style bread)
    1 wedge Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Spread
    a little Sriracha
    Sliced cucumber
    Sliced tomato
    Sliced onion
    1 Jennie-O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patty scrambled with 2 egg whites

Calculates out to 286 calories
  • shannonmci
    shannonmci Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is my go to breakfast for the last month or so:

Sandwich Thin
    1 large egg
    1 slice Kraft american cheese
    1 slice Butterball turkey bacon

Make a breakfast sandwich out of it!!
    About 250 calories and very filling!
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump, loving all these great breakfast ideas! :)
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Cooked quinoa flakes with a little agave and chopped walnuts. If cereal bothers your stomach, it may be the milk or it could be the wheat. Quinoa is a gluten-free grain, that cooks up like oatmeal. It's very good!
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    My breakfasts are a bit higher (350-450) but you can modify the following:

2 eggs, 2 ounces of ham, 2 tablespoons 2 percent milk cheddar. It was 353 but only because I added in onions that had been cooked in butter. Do this with a spritz of oil and it's much lower.

An egg mc muffin. 300 calories. Because I like a few more calories, I add in apple slices ... 30 calories for 2 packs.

Yesterday I had one donut ... ONE ... and a glass of milk for "balance." It was 350 calories. Same as my breakfast today. And not nearly as filling.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Today I had one piece of light rye toast, a small amount of peanut butter, and 0.4 of a banana sliced on top, with a glass of water. You can also add a kiwi like I did, I think that is 220 calories all together :)
  • bethan666
    bethan666 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    every morning I have the same dish. 2 scrambled eggs in the microwave and then about 6 pinches of smoked salmon pieces. Yummy!
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on whole grain toast
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    every morning I have the same dish. 2 scrambled eggs in the microwave and then about 6 pinches of smoked salmon pieces. Yummy!

Alright, that sounds good...
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Could it be you have intolerance to dairy? You can always try Silk Soy, or Lactaid Milk. My stomach can only handle small amounts of diary. If you think it could be the sweet cereal have you trield Fiber One or Chex Mix that is gluten free. You can eat whatever you want in the morning. You can have lunch for breakfast.
  • cajones1217
    cajones1217 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have eaten the same breakfast for the last 3-4 month, during the week. I add the variety on the weekends.

The sandwich thin bread is 100 calories. I use the multi grain & toast the bread.
    Add a slice of cheese (60 calories)
    Cook an egg in a coffee mug or small bowl in the microwave for about 45 sec (70 calories). Be sure to spray the bowl with a little pam so it slides right out. It is now the size of the sandwich round & makes a great egg sandwich.

I eat a lowfat yogurt or greek yogurt with it. My total calorie intake for breakfast is 320 with 21 g. of protein.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Kate feel free to look at my food diary...it doesnt change too much for breakfast but, you may find something that appeals to you. And dont think you have to stick to breakfast foods...if you had something yummy for supper and have left overs and it fits in your calorie goal....Go For It.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I normally eat an egg mcmuffin type breakfast. One high fiber english muffin, one egg, 1.5 ounces of ham or a slice of bacon, and a slice of cheese. 280 calories or so. I add a serving of fruit, which puts it a little over 300 calories for the total breakfast, but it lasts me forever. I'm not hungry for hours. Protein and fiber.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have between 2-3 egg whites, a morningstar brand sausage patty and I chope them up and mix them with salsa. Or, I put them on a 100 cal english muffin. Without the muffin it is 145 cal, with its 245.