Suggestions for DETOXING

Options

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'll try to explain why people detoxify their bodies and the theory behind it.

Every day your body is bombarded with toxins (in cleaning products, the air, pesticides in foods, chemicals in processed foods, etc). Your lungs, liver, and kidneys do a good job ridding the body of toxins, but your body can get overloaded and toxins settle in. Detoxification programs rid your body of the toxins that the lungs, liver, and kidneys couldn't.
    So, no evidence then?
  • critacca
    critacca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Those that cleanse are evidence that it works. I have studied the topic and cleanse myself. Recommending juice fasting is not a lucrative business. I make no money and the only people that really benefit from me raving about juice fasting are the farmers who produce the fruits and vegetables purchased for juicing, and maybe the manufacturer of a juicer if someone actually goes out to buy one based on me saying how great juicing is.

If you have never had a desire to detoxify or cleanse that is great. You probably generally feel pretty good most of the time and your body is working well. There are people who are not so lucky. People who feel run down, tired, weak, foggy minded, etc and have tried everything with no luck and then found fasting, juicing, detox products, etc and have had success.
  • critacca
    critacca Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Every day your body is bombarded with toxins (in cleaning products, the air, pesticides in foods, chemicals in processed foods, etc). Your lungs, liver, and kidneys do a good job ridding the body of toxins, but your body can get overloaded and toxins settle in. Detoxification programs rid your body of the toxins that the lungs, liver, and kidneys couldn't.
    So, no evidence then?

A poster asked for the theory.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Those that cleanse are evidence that it works. I have studied the topic and cleanse myself. Recommending juice fasting is not a lucrative business. I make no money and the only people that really benefit from me raving about juice fasting are the farmers who produce the fruits and vegetables purchased for juicing, and maybe the manufacturer of a juicer if someone actually goes out to buy one based on me saying how great juicing is.

If you have never had a desire to detoxify or cleanse that is great. You probably generally feel pretty good most of the time and your body is working well. There are people who are not so lucky. People who feel run down, tired, weak, foggy minded, etc and have tried everything with no luck and then found fasting, juicing, detox products, etc and have had success.

How about some actual scientific evidence whereby you have a control group and a group being subjected to whatever the treatment or regimen is. Take baseline readings (to determine what if any toxins are present) and samples afterward.

The 'alternative" health community makes ludicrous assertions about cleanses, colonics, herbal supplements etc ad infintum yet never produces any evidence of efficacy or safety. When challenged to produce evidence the herbal industry whines and cries foul yet rakes in millions of dollars of profits selling products that may actually be harmful.

A statement like "Those that cleanse are evidence that it works" fails every test of logic known to humanity.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to pee.
    then poop.
    cleansed.
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to pee.
    then poop.
    cleansed.

You forgot wipe and wash your hands. That is the real cleansing part :laugh:
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

So, no evidence then?

A poster asked for the theory.

Can you expand on the theory? How exactly (scientifically) do juicing and other "cleanses" remove toxins from your body that clean eating and adequate hydration can't?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    What IS detoxing?
    What does it do for you that your body can't do for itself?

Oh wait... this thread is full of answers to this question. *sits down to read it properly*

Faux science...
    real science...
    faux science...
    real science...

fascinating thread. Really.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    PLAIN water and a lot of it. My nutritionist has me taking in 90oz of it based on my weight (some mathmatical equation I have at home on paperwork).

I recommend a new nutritionist. One who has read up on nutrition, biology, and is not relying on 20 year old propaganda from water companies.

How do you estimate hydration requirements?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    PLAIN water and a lot of it. My nutritionist has me taking in 90oz of it based on my weight (some mathmatical equation I have at home on paperwork).

I recommend a new nutritionist. One who has read up on nutrition, biology, and is not relying on 20 year old propaganda from water companies.

How do you estimate hydration requirements?

Usually the color of your pee will tell you if you are getting adequate hydration.
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i'd like to get into the charlatan business. my research indicates that there would be much demand for my products and i would become fabulously wealthy.

which product should i sell first?

1) Di-Hydrogen Monoxide Cleanse
    2) Starvation Mode Pills

i expect to be very wealthy very soon. at least as soon as i can get booked on the Dr. Oz show.

Studies show that 100% of people who drink di-hydrogen monoxide will die. *nods head*
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i'd like to get into the charlatan business. my research indicates that there would be much demand for my products and i would become fabulously wealthy.

2) Starvation Mode Pills

i expect to be very wealthy very soon. at least as soon as i can get booked on the Dr. Oz show.

Studies show that 100% of people who drink di-hydrogen monoxide will die. *nods head*

only if you drink too much.

however, if you don't drink any di-hydrogen monoxide at all, then you will die. so buy my cleanse and live!

in fact, i'm making that my new marketing slogan. "You Need My Cleanse to Survive!"
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

2) Starvation Mode Pills

however, if you don't drink any di-hydrogen monoxide at all, then you will die. so buy my cleanse and live!

in fact, i'm making that my new marketing slogan. "You Need My Cleanse to Survive!"

<Scurries for credit card with feverish, glassy-eyed expression> I want to survive!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You need a new nutrionist. To much water can cause kidney damage. The 8 glass thing is a myth.

To the OP many of the cleanses out there are more harmful than helpful. Do some research. I think you will find an overwhelming amount of information from credible sources to back this up. No one has yet to produce anything more than anecdotal to back up any claims of benefits.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

2) Starvation Mode Pills

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Theres more than one kind of detox you can do. Ones with foods, ones with smoothies, ones with juices, ones with water (less recommended) Which type are you interested in?
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    If you want to kill every nasty, evil toxin and bad bacterium in your body, the only sure fire way is to go on a bleach detox. Drink one bottle of bleach each day for a week. I don't think there were any side effects but you'll have to double check that.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    If you want to kill every nasty, evil toxin and bad bacterium in your body, the only sure fire way is to go on a bleach detox. Drink one bottle of bleach each day for a week. I don't think there were any side effects but you'll have to double check that.

Darwin Award entry.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    come on can't we just leave it all behind
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Those that cleanse are evidence that it works.

Logic fail....

I don't clense and I am not dead. Obviously I am evidence that it doesn't work :huh: