Have I gone crazy???

13»

Replies

• Your are not CRAZY! You are determined. Thanks for blogging. You have inspired me.

Jeannie Combs
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Well, it's your vacation. So you need to do what you need to do in order to be relaxed and enjoy yourself. If taking all of your stuff makes you feel better, then you should BY ALL MEANS take it! It would be a total drag to leave it behind and then stress over something you could so easily have kept control over -- could dampen an otherwise lovely trip.

I would caution, however, against restaurant chicken Caesar salads. Many have over 1,000 calories and a ton of sodium. You're usually not doing your fitness a favor by having that for dinner -- unless you have the dressing on the side and skip the cheese and croutons.

Have a wonderful vacation!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    You do exactly what you feel is best for YOU! If you want to wing it, then wing it. If you rather play it safe and continue with your healthy eating, than that's fantastic! You are not going to far by bringing your food scale. Your planning ahead and thinking smart. Give yourself a pat on the back :)
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Well, I have to travel with business. My boss who checks my expenses is wondering why I don't charge back food. Guess why... ;)
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Thanks everyone for the wonderful encouragement!! :)

As for the ceasar salad, I do plan on getting the dressing on the side....croutons, bacon and cheese will remain! Hahaha! Also, I'm really hoping I find the determination/motivation to find a gym on at least one of the days. I will be walking around a lot more too though!

With all of the walking (or gym time) and being good while he's gone all day, my hope is to offset my supper with all my other good habits. Fingers crossed!!
  • pcfrend
    pcfrend Posts: 55 Member
    Don't forget to take the cooler!! You'll need to use it (with hotel ice) to keep some of those items fresh.
    I think this is a great plan and if we all planned ahead this well we'd be a lot further ahead. I often use vacations as an excuse to put anything I like in my mouth. There hasn't been one time that I came home after indulging and said to myself, "good for you". I typically would come home and reflect on all the grand adventures but then feel poorly for gaining weight.
    I am planning to incorporate the preplanning and portable lunches into my daily routine when I'm on the road for meetings. It should help reduce the number of restaurant meals.

Thanks for sharing. Hope you have/had a great vacation.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I do the same thing when we camp.
    So, no, I don't think you're crazy.

But I do get the "crazy" look when I'm weighing out my oatmeal in the morning at the picnic table while everyone else is downing the bacon and eggs that were cooked in grease over the fire.
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    I think the measuring cup and scale might be a tad far, but I think bringing healthy hotel friendly foods so you don't run across the street and binge on junk food is a phenomenal idea! Enjoy!
    ^^this^^!! And don't forget to have fun and stay busy. U won't want to eat if u r busy...idol hands and all!
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Take the scale.
    Weigh the milk.
    It's almost 1 gram per ml.

If your scale says 157 grams, just read that as 157 ml. You'll be within 3%.
    http://physics.info/density/
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    You sound prepared, maybe a tiny bit crazy with the scale and measuring cups...if I was going on a mini vacation I wouldn't worry about bringing a scale and all that, especially if it's supposed to be a vacation.