What's the meanest thing someone said to you?

Options

Replies

• kathkelvie
    Options
    When's the baby due? I wasn't pregnant.
  • maria_elaina
    maria_elaina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My mums blind so we have talking weighing scales in my house (nightmare!) and whenever my weight goes up my Dad laughs at me. That's the worst, knowing I have no support.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    My supposed best friend at the time said I will just gain all my weight back.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    New show idea... Are you smarter than a third grader?
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    When I was eight years old my grandmother began telling me that if I didn't lose weight, boys would never like me because boys don't like fat girls. Pretty much continued on until her death.

I honestly believe that she is responsible for a good number of relationship issues I have. You can only hear that people aren't going to love you so many times before you start to believe it. Especially someone so young.
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You would be a great Fred Flintstone for Halloween.

Would you dress as Santa for the party ?

Not intentionally mean just the grown up version of my pre schooler introducing me " This is my dad,, he's fat "
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the insult you think you hear isn't meant that way at all.

I do agree with this. I remember once being in the Caribbean and going on a horseback ride. The young guy who helped me up on my horse said something to the effect of "Damn, you're one big girl." I took it to mean FAT and was devastated. When I got back and he was taking my horse back to the barn he stopped and asked me out. He was just talking about my breasts and wanted to hook up :blushing: ...... I had spent the previous two hours all upset and stressed out for no reason. It was just a really BAD pickup line.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The speaking scales I bought said:

"one person at a time please"

LOL!!
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That I am plain (boy in my class), that I look like Marilyn Manson (same boy), that I look like a pregnant drug addict (ex boyfriend when I was 15 and never had done drugs and was 5'5" and 110 lbs), that I am a selfish inconsiderate *****
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    We were both voice majors at a Christian college (I know, funny right?) and we both auditioned for the elite ensemble group. I didn't get in; she did....she told me to hang in there, we couldn't all be talented like her.....I would just have to work and practice harder to be better. With training I might some day get into the group too.

IDK - with friends like that; who needs enemies?

I had a similar problem with one of my best friends.

One of my uni friends had a falling out with her house mate, the crazy woman tried to beat my friend up! My best friend turned to me and said "I would never do that to you because you're bigger than me"...Say what now?!?!?!

Another time she said (angrily at that) that she was better at uni than me and that she should be getting better grades than me (it was the time I slightly beat her in an essay) like who cares?!?!?
  • RonitMig
    RonitMig Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My sister told me if I wasn't such a fat pig, she owuld be able to zip up my wedding dress (this was while she was trying to zip it up since she never went to the seamstress with me to learn how to close it and zip it properly). There is nothing like being called a fat pig on your wedding day.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    My mom told me growing up that I was so ugly when I was born that the nurses wouldn't let her see me and that my grandma said she would have to love me because no one else ever would. Yep, that won't leave scars.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When are you due?

>.<

I have had that one a few times!!!! it's the worst!!!!

I was asked this and I told the lady that I was not pregnant just fat. She turned red and never spoke to me again, she was my neighbor haha.
  • jhunny31
    Options
    I know the feeling, I had gained so much weight between the last time I saw my Mom and the next time, when I went home to visit her,she lived about 400 miles from me and I was going to surprise her and didn't tell her I was coming. When I got there and knocked on the door, she wouldn't let me in at first. When she finally did she said, " You have gotten so fat I didn't recognize you."

It took all I had to not burst into tears. Sometimes people just open their mouth without a thought of what is coming out.

Gee doesn't it feel like your parents can cut deeper with words then anyone else in the world.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My wife told me once that her worst fear in life was that our son was going to grow up and be just like me.

FMN.
    My ex-wife once said something like that and notice the prefix attached to wife... Best 220 pounds that I ever lost! Don't have to worry about gaining that back... My wife is awesome and would never say anything unkind but has been very supportive of my weight loss efforts...
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was at North Station in Boston waiting to get on a train. The usual crowd was around and we all walked toward the door when they announced the train was ready. Typical crowd--everyone on top of each other but we were all moving forward. The woman behind me pushed into me a couple times then SHOVED me out of the way. I bumped into someone else and apologized, then turned to the woman who shoved me and said, "We're all going to the same place, there's no need to push people." She replied over her shoulder, "Well maybe if you didn't take up so much space..." and darted off.

It took all I had not to cry all the way home on the train. I even thought how good it would feel to shove that mean person off the walkway onto the track (and how absolutely horrific that would be--what a rotten knee-jerk reaction even if only in my head).
  • bekahxbabe
    Options
    When I was around 14 or so I walked into the kitchen, and my hips were showing a little bit. I have stretch marks on my hips from puberty and I have big hips anyways, and my step dad goes, "Oh it's the stretch-mark queen!"
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    People can be so cruel

I've had so many.

Ones that have been embedded in my brain are:

"breathe in Stephanie is coming through"
    "awh Steph you're not fat...you're obese"
    "you shouldn't go ice skating you'll break the ice"

And my personal favourite

"Steph, you're pretty, clever, your personality is great....you're just fat"

It's all these words that make me stronger and want to succeed and lose the weight.

We can all do this and make people think twice about saying things. We are who we are and we are amazing.

{{{{{ :heart: STEPH :heart: }}}}}

You are my shero! LOVE your attitude about this. You are RIGHT, we can do this. It's going to take some time, patience, commitment, HARD WORK and most important a VISION of/for ourselves--that tough vision you said, "we are who we are and we are amazing" that is the "Vision" I/we need to help us a wee bit more on to victory of/from this battle of the bulge and then some!

I've got 50 pounds to lose (I'm taking it 20 pounds at a time, so as to NOT be so overwhelming for me), and this is so daunting, because I'm no spring chicken, but if/since others here have and are doing it...they are no better or worse than me, I can do it and must do it AND WILL DO IT TOO--it's just a matter of time, faith, and HARD WORK. I'm doing this, not so much for the naysayers and meanies (they will STILL be there when I make it and actually probably even more naysayers and meanies:wink: ), but for myself, my mental and physical health, then for my loved ones. Being FAT is not only unhealthy, it's unattractive and a bummer (for/to me).

Thank you for your inspirational post Steph, you so rock!
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    After my dads wedding the wedding photographer was at our house showing us the photos. While looking at the photo of me and the other bridesmaids, my stepbrother just said "Wow. Your arms are fat." I couldn't believe he would say anything like that so I asked, "Who me?" to which he responded "DUH! Who else.". (note: I am not the only overweight person in my family)

I was mortified, because the wedding photographer was right there and I had dropped like 4 dress sizes for the wedding and even though a bunch of people had said I looked pretty, all I could think was 'Oh. They were all lying to make me feel better.'.
  • catpea33
    catpea33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    One of my exes used to say I was fat all the time when I was with him. He'd call me stuff like Fat Cat and make a big deal out of me eating dessert. I only weighed 135lb at 5'5" so I wasn't even overweight: it's a healthy BMI. The funny thing is that he was overweight himself. And he also used to go on and on about how small my breasts are (to be fair, they are) and how he loves big fake breasts, etc. I used to say repeatedly to him, 'Well you know where the door is.' I should never have stayed with him for as long as I did because he totally destroyed my self-confidence and I let him. I never felt good enough for him and wondered why he was with me if he hated my body so much.

On the bright side, I'm with a great guy now and the (fake-titted) girl my ex left me for has dumped him. He's also put on a lot of weight. So who's the Fat Cat now, huh?