Do You Know Anyone Who Has Cancer?

Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Mom is a breast cancer survivor... and has been for the last 20 years.

unfortunately I know lots of people that has passed away cause of it, last one was ex dad in law in march.
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    First of all *hugs* to everyone on this thread. Cancer freakin sucks.

I lost my grandfather in 1997 to lung/throat cancer (he was a smoker).

I lost my grandmother in 2009 to liver cancer....it came out of nowhere completely unexpected. She was diagnosed with stage 4 and given 6 months to 2 years....she died 3 months later. :frown:

My aunt has been fighting breast cancer for years. I think she is currently in remission but I'm not sure.
  • hypocritelecter
    hypocritelecter Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My grandmother died of cancer. I'm not sure where it was, I was still in early elementary school when she died.
    I have a friend whose mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, and cousin all had or currently have breast cancer.
  • sausagepaula
    Options
    We were told last week my dad has cancer in his lungs. It started 3 years ago in his colon when hwe had part of his bowel removed and spent 6 months in hopital because a hole was left when he was sewn back up causing him to literally "split his sides" when he sneezed! Cancer was found again in his colon 2 years ago and he was treated. There is now no cure but hes still postive, working and laughing! The rest of the family, well we are tryiig to be as accepting of it as he is but its difficult sometimes!!!
  • FuzzyDicePHL
    FuzzyDicePHL Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My sister is a breast cancer survivor, my dad died of brain cancer and I have already had a melanoma removed from my right leg.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My husband had breast cancer when he was 23.
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My daddy was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer in September 2009, he passed away after a hard battle on NOvember 10, 2010.

My grandmother had breast cancer in 1988 and has been cancer free for 23 years now!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    The list of cancer in my family and among friends is too long to go into here. Two things to mention. My mother has survived both cancer of the cervix in her twenties and cancer in both breasts at age 40. She is 81 now. The hardest was losing my beautiful 38 year old daughter to non-hodgkins lymphoma at age 38 after a 6 year war. God, please help us cure and prevent this horrible disease.
  • Nwalters113
    Options
    Praying for strength for all of you fighting, and your loved ones too.

My father in law lost his battle to esophageal cancer in 2010. Love you Big Pops - miss you every day! :heart: :heart:

Thanks for this thread - I like to keep those affected in my thoughts.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My best friend just had a tumor removed from her breast and lymph nodes removed from under her arm; she is currently undergoing chemotherapy. My grandfather died from lung cancer. My favorite aunt died from pancreatic cancer. My grandmother beat colon cancer. And they tell us the chemicals in our food are not causing this! FAT CHANCE!!
  • 62clpowell
    62clpowell Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am a survivor was diagnosed in 2005 & 4 surgeries later I've been cancer free now since 2009 and I'm still going strong!!
  • ajsmommy2010
    Options
    My father in-law was diagnosed with Colon cancer Thanksgiving day 2009. It had spread to his liver and kidney when they found it. He fought hard until August last year when they told him nothing was going to work. My husband who is his only child and I couldn't have kids so we wanted a child before he passed away and we were blessed with his first and only grandson in 2010. He got to spend 17 months with his grandson. Dad passed away Feb. 27th this year. My husbands mother also passed away two months before we got married in 2003 :(

My grandfather passed away of Lung cancer back in 2001. He never knew he had it until he went in for a procedure and they opened him up. They closed him right back up and he died 2 weeks later.

A childhood friend fought leukemia and had been in remission for 18 years.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    My aunt died last night...Stomach cancer.
  • KarCrib
    KarCrib Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My husband was diagnosed with Stage III Melanoma a year and a half ago. Its been a difficult road but right now, today he is tumour free. For how long? I don't know, but we have really learnt to live in our moment and not the future. It is a horrible disease and hopefully one day it will be wiped off the planet.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My Mom and Aunt both had breast cancer and survived it. My Mom passed away recently from complications from Parkinson's / pneumonia.

My Mother in law had breast cancer and passed away from it. It metastisized to her bone then to her brain then her liver.

My Dad had colo-rectal cancer and so far is cancer free.

My friends 4 year old daughter had leukemia, and so far is now cancer free.

Too many to name. It's awful
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    My godmother died of breast cancer.

My mothers best friend died of cancer of the brain.

My mom had breast cancer.

I guess I know a few........
  • Broadzilla007
    Broadzilla007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My mom died of Leukemia on September 14th at age 65. We had no idea she was even sick until she finally went to the Dr. for the first time in 5 or so years after feeling so bad she was unable to finish her usual series on her bowling league. We got a week to say goodbye (Thank you Jesus!).

If you've been neglecting your annual check up, please reconsider. It IS TOO worth the $$! My mom might have had a chance to fight this off if she had known sooner. My kids might have had her around another 20 years or so. Miss her so much.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My sister has Ovarian cancer, both my parents,5 brothers and my best friend, and my MIL died of cancer.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dear friends who are battling currently.
    One with stage 4 colon cancer and the othere has pancreatic.
  • cakelady69
    Options
    Well I have lost 9 love ones from cancer. My father is 2 1/2 years out from his throat cancer. Praying it does not come back. Cancer is horrible. It has taken so many many important people from my life.