How many hours a week

Options
13»

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just set my TDEE based on sedentary and then use a pedometer and estimates on here for calories burned and underestimate the calories that I burn... I am looking for an accurate and reliable calculation of what to expect on the scale and I am glad when the number is even or even better than the estimate.
    Usually workout between 8 and 12 hours per week...
  • GE4tin
    GE4tin Posts: 3
    Options
    I work out about 1 1/2 hours each night, 45 cardio and 45 weights, yoga moves and machines. I do this about 6 nights a week. I work with a fitness trainer now who made my workout much more efficient and effective because I wasn't pushing myself enough. We figured out a target heart rate for burning calories. You've gotta sweat to make it worthwhile! It's hard work, but it makes you feel really good!!!
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    probably average 15 (9 lifting 6 vball and running)

4 sounds very low to me, but I think it depends on where you're starting from and what your goals are ... And How Much Time You Even Have ... can only do what you can ...
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    probably average 15 (9 lifting 6 vball and running)

4 sounds very low to me, but I think it depends on where you're starting from and what your goals are ... And How Much Time You Even Have ... can only do what you can ...

I'd love to workout longer but right now I only have an hour and a half to do my workout and shower during my youngest sons nap time. I've been working out six days a week for 30-60 mins a day. I just went back and looked at previous weeks and most weeks I am averaging about 6-7 hours, but I have about 4-5 hours planned out on paper. I plan my workouts six weeks a time. Changing them every two weeks. Some days if I have extra time I'll throw in an extra workout.

I've been doing this for four months.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    If I averaged it all up it's probably at about 5 hours a week. Doesn't seem like a lot in the grand scheme of things.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    6-7 (sometimes eight on a really crazy week).

:flowerforyou:
  • anmehra
    anmehra Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My exercise is a little less conventional, but it burns calories!! I waitress at a busy bar 3 nights a week, work on my feet at a lab, and walk to classes on campus. I make it to the gym MAYBE once a week.