Regular soda vs diet soda

Options
13»

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yes, trade regular soda for diet soda. BUT it's still not something you want to drink ALL the time....Water is still the best choice. I try to limit myself to diet soda to drink at lunch. On a rare occasion, i'll have one with dinner if I'm out - but typically stick with water.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If you're having a soda now and again, but not making it a habit, have whichever you will most enjoy. And log it.

Simple.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I will never give up diet soda.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Personally, diet sodas give me headaches. I can't say if they are worse, in general. But they are worse for me. I rarely have soda and when I do, I go for the regular stuff. Usually root beer.
  • marvelprime
    marvelprime Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Regular. Don't like the principle of drinking even more chemicals (depending on the pop), and usually my vice is Mt Dew Throwback.
  • spippin73
    Options
    I am a Dr. Pepper nut, but since joining MFP, I limit myself to Dr. Pepper 10. I honestly don't like it as much as regular, so I have greatly limited my intake. I used to drink a regular DP every day but am down to one a week with Dr. Pepper 10. It is a good alternative, when you just have to have a soda!!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I can remember hearing that one of the main issues with diet soda is that people will use it as an excuse to eat more/consume more calories. As in "Oh.... today I went for a diet soda instead of a regular one.... so that totally means I can have another piece of cake".... or something like that.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I can remember hearing that one of the main issues with diet soda is that people will use it as an excuse to eat more/consume more calories. As in "Oh.... today I went for a diet soda instead of a regular one.... so that totally means I can have another piece of cake".... or something like that.
    Exactly one of the reasons I drink it.

And thanks to MFP I can see exactly how much cake I'm allowed :).
    (Too much on the day just gone as it was too wet for me to be bothered to cycle the 8 mile round trip to the climbing gym :( ).