Foods that you find DISGUSTING

Options

Replies

• swimmaw
    Options
    Peppers- red, jalapeño, chili, cayenne etc (I am allergic), rice cakes (tastes like sawdust), sauerkraut, beets, beans, hot dogs, sausages, any food that has more than 3 ingredients listed in it (unless I make it of course!), tofu, marmelade, ham and grits :noway:
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    These are fun to read - I found myself trying to come up with a common denominator for each list, or imagine the story behind someone's preferences. My husband refuses to eat mayonnaise or anything that looks like it might be related to mayonnaise because in 2d grade the boy next to him had so much mayo in his tuna sandwich that it oozed out the side and traumatized him for life!! LOL One son will eat almost anything, and the other son won't eat soup or pie (nothing to do with flavor or ingredients - just doesn't like the idea, for some reason). So I always wonder what it is that makes us enjoy some foods and not others.

Things that make me gag and I absolutely will NOT put in my mouth - fat on meat (like Jack Sprat!), okra, organ meats, brussel sprouts, turnips, creamed onions, cream of wheat, root beer, corn chowder, most canned vegetables. And although I like the taste of a hot dog, all I have to do is think about what might be in it and I gag!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Rye Bread... idk what it is... the smell maybe...

Dark rye bread is a hundred times better to me though.

What else...

Mushrooms (so chewy...it throws me off)...
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    Hotdogs. Actually, I don't care for most kinds of sausages, yuck.
  • shanreta
    shanreta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OK, liver - yuk yuk yuk - taste and texture are gross! :sick:
    Beets - I think they taste like dirt would if I ate it lol
    Seafood (allergic, won't stay down)
    Brussel sprouts and cabbage
    Marmite (is this even food?) :noway:
    Most organ meat and sweetbreads :sick:
    Sushi
    Ripe bananas! though funnily enough I love bananas I can't stand them when they get brown spots :ohwell:
  • JSaltsea
    JSaltsea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat everything that isn't frankenfood... i'll eat brain, balls, liver, tripes over McDonalds anyday. Hmmm tasty tripes..
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Bittermelon.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Beets and rhubarb!
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    Mushrooms, and oysters! Blerk!!!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    oysters, escargot, lima beans and peas!
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    runny eggs
    cold eggs
    raw onions
    raw tomatoes
    beans
    pork
    oysters
    sushi
    canned tuna (smells like cat food!)
    every organ that they may serve you (heart, liver, stomach, intestine, kidneys, tongue, brain, etc....)
    ham
    bacon
    raw cheese (only like it melted e.g. on pizza or gratinee)
    oatmeal
    red meat that is not fully cooked, cant stand the pink meat or worse blood coming out of it
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    any meat not fully cooked and beets, can't even stand the smell of them turns my stomach
  • adm31
    adm31 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wasabi is a soy bean not a pea, just saying.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nutella, cheese, pasta, meat ( i'm a vegetarian ), milk chocolate, cow's milk, soup, tacos, sauces, pizza, fries, chips, pie, ice cream, rice, soda, marshmallow's..

I could go on and on but really what are some foods you find disgusting that other people like?

You sure are missing out! I mean, I don't eat some of these, but ice cream, really? not even frozen yogurt? rice? cheese? Thanks but no thanks. I'm Lebanese, so I like food that tastes GOOD (i.e. tasty) and is healthy and clean and usually mediterranean.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Red bell peppers, runny egg whites, and pretty much any raw veggie. They've all gotta be cooked.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms
    Foie gras (it's also cruel. Have you ever seen a duck force-fed? It's sad)
    Raw onions
    Red onions
    Pig products
    Veal
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Eggplant
    Squash
    Olives
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Lobster, black olives.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Raw onions
    Grapefruit
    Hominy
    Milk
    Eggs, but I will crave them in once in a blue moon (weird craving? Must be missing some vitamins)
    Mint in savory dishes (like tabbouleh)

Forgot to add rye bread. What is that weird vegetable-y onion taste in rye? It's awful.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    After reading through many of your replies I've come to the conclusion there aren't many foods I don't like:happy:
  • tursiart
    Options
    Anything that tastes sweet. I hate sweet food. I like salty, spicy, savory or bitter. But sweet? Revolting.