anyone on 800 calories diet?

Options

Replies

• motherpenguin
    motherpenguin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No I am not. Although some days i struggle to net much over that, I eat healthy and if i am hungry I eat.:smile::smile:
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Since your ticker says you want to lose 39 lbs. you're obviously not obese and should not be eating so little to lose weight. It sounds to me like you should be under the care of a doctor and a psychologist for your eating disorder. Your body can't function properly on so few calories for very long and it WILL complain. Do yourself a favor and make this a lifestyle you can maintain long-term and stop starving your body.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    healthy doesn't matter if you don't have enough food to function...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Question: for what purpose are you asking?
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    just hit the gym, and eat normally, win-win
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    healthy doesn't matter if you don't have enough food to function...

QFT
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Ya...
    My results.

Missing chunks of my hair, moody, and sleepy.

But I lost a few lbs... winner!

oh wow! :noway: :sad: sorry about your hair loss n stuff.. scary!!!!
  • motherpenguin
    motherpenguin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    um.... hey people..... my 2 yr old eats more than that. :noway:

lol :happy: :laugh: :laugh: my girls eat at least twice that too!!:smile::smile:

but seriously I eat less than my girls do and I am fine and under a doctors guidance I think the key is DOCTOR GUIDANCE / MEDICAL SUPERVISION

good luck
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am, for Breakfast............ :drinker:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    this is from livestrong:

A VLCD is reserved for those with a body mass index, or BMI, of greater than 30, which is considered obese. To put it into perspective, if you are at a healthy body weight, you have a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9. VLCDs can be dangerous for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding; children, teens and those over 50 years of age; or those with some preexisting medical conditions. Before a VLCD is prescribed, each patient is evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine if a VLCD is a safe option for weight loss.

Side Effects of a VLCD
    Patients who are following VLCDs often complain of fatigue, constipation, nausea and diarrhea. A VLCD can also increase the risk of experiencing more serious side effects. The most common serious side effect is the formation of gallstones, which are more common in women who are experiencing rapid weight loss. When adolescents or children consume a VLCD, their growth and development may be in jeopardy. It is extremely important that those who attempt a VLCD to lose weight are under the care of a medical professional in case any side effects present themselves.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/396404-side-effects-of-a-very-low-calorie-diet/

she has 18kg to loose... I'm guessing she is not morbidly obese, or has a BMI over 30, so if you want to tell her its ok, your position isn't backed up by evidence.

thanks for this! good info
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    per meal

I was about to say this.
  • nikosneeko1
    nikosneeko1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1200 is the least you should eat and tha'ts what I'm doing, and I go over that if I have a great work out ...just remember anything worth having doesn't come easy, take your time and get results slowly that will last...a quick fix will only lead to more problems...I watched my mother do it for years and developed her same horrible eating habits...36 years later I've finally been able to actually get my head straight enough to realize that I can have a healthy lifestyle and I don't have to be stuck in that cycle anymore
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am, for Breakfast............ :drinker:

Ok, I need a photo of that epic breakfast!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'm on an 800 calorie diet where I eat 800 calories, and then I eat 700 more. It's worked great for me.
    Lmso That was brilliant, may I add you? haha
  • Verity1111
    Options
    21991008.jpg

the-angry-mob.png
    Lmso
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Starvation mode is a myth. I ate an average of 500-800 calories for a year and never hit a plateau. Then I relapsed into bulimia, and THAT'S when I hit a plateau. Forget starvation mode, even if you lose tons of weight, the health effects are not worth it - physical and mental. Only do this under careful doctor and psychologist supervision. There was a study done on healthy young men where they consumed a VLCD - the great majority of them developed eating disorders.
    Starvation mode is not a myth because I have experienced it, but it is not the way people think of it. It also affects everyone differently. Ketosis or similar is what I would think of as starvation mode. xoxo
  • Verity1111
    Options
    um.... hey people..... my 2 yr old eats more than that. :noway:

haha! the first time I read this I just glanced and thought you said that your 2yr old cat eats more than that!

But seriously, girl... it is not healthy to lose at such a fast rate. If you plan on doing this GO SEE A DOCTOR. Monitor your weight loss. But I would suggest trying to lose weight slow. I know, I know... not something you want to hear. But seriously. Losing weight at a rapid pace will make your body be all like, "What? No more food? Well, might as well eat some of your muscles while I'm at it. NOMNOMNOM GOOD MUSCLES. Meaty muscles! So... hungry.... need more muscles..."
    Lmso! :] You people make my day sometimes I swear.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    No, and never would deprive my body that way.. Im here to get healthy.. I don't need MFP to help me starve myself.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I did it before and it completely wrecked my metabolism. I wouldn't reccommend it.
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    Im on an 800 cal diet!! I have 800 cals per meal, three times a day ... :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.