anyone on 800 calories diet?

Options

Replies

• reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a pain in the *kitten*.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Ate that when I was sick, and lost 10-15 pounds in a matter of 6 weeks (10-15% of my bw). Body fat was the exact same when it was over. I've been trying to gain muscle ever since. I am barely what I was before that, and I still have the exact same amount of fat.

In other words, I lost muscle and nothing else.

Now I eat 2000+ a day when on maintenance, and I look much better!
  • joeamendiola
    Options
    800 calories? That's just breakfast.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am, for Breakfast............ :drinker:

and my morning snack

lunch and dinner I have way more
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    21991008.jpg

the-angry-mob.png

Bwhahahahahahah.........made my day:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jeannettarodgers
    jeannettarodgers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    NEVER.... the weight will come RIGHT back, and you are ruining your metabolism....www.eatmore2weighless.com check them out.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Dear lord no. The only way I could do that is if I exercised and burned another 800-1200 calories. (So I'd be eating 1600-2000 calories)

The last time I only consumed 800 calories in a day I had food poisoning from making pancakes with spoiled buttermilk.

I took in more than 800 calories the day after EPIC PUB CRAWL and I was nursing a 5 alarm hangover.

If you can do it, all the power to you...

I've been doing a 1200 calorie net until recently, now I'm only trying to lose 1 lb a week and I have a 1490 net calorie goal. My ability to do my perferred method of exercise has been limited lately (stupid Planar Faciatias) so the extra calories have been welcome. Besides now that I'm at normal weight, I should really be only trying to lose a pound a week.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Not right now. I am on my usual 1,200 oval per day. But I never have been able to lose weight eating more than 900 per day, no matter how much I was exercising.

Note: Trolls, trolls, keep away!! I am under the care of trained professionals who know a LOT more than you ever have or will about metabolisms in general and this one in particular. Do NOT give me any **** about this, or I will do my best to see that you regret it -- and worse, to educate you.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Popcorn time! I'm going to sit back and smoke a *kitten* and see how this plays out.
    Carry on.:smokin:
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This is a touchy subject for most MFP folks. I've heard the stories from day one about "starvation mode" at 1200 cals a day. Look, you should know your numbers. TDEE and BMR. My TDEE is 1596. ( I am 5' tall, desk job.) Then subtract 20% from your TDEE. That's your caloric intake number. This is a slow steady 1 lb a week loss, which is the most sustainable long term for your body. If your numbers don't support a 800-1000 calorie daily intake, then you should not attempt without a DR. supervising you.(IMHO)
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @Pickledginger......Don't hold out on us pickledginger, dish out some of that proffesional advise " I am listening" always interested what knowledgable people have to say.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm on an 800 calorie diet where I eat 800 calories, and then I eat 700 more. It's worked great for me.

Best response here.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Why anyone would want to play fast and loose with their health like this is just so totally beyond me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know everybody's different, but last week, I averaged 922 calories/day and lost 1.8 pounds...went from 126.8 to 125 pounds. I worked out five days out of seven (average calorie burn - 310,) with good energy levels. In my experience, folks try to justify/defend a higher-calorie diet because they refuse to deny their greedy belly and/or taste buds! (Please don't croak if that doesn't apply to you; notice that I prefaced it with "in my experience!")

my go, my go....

i lost 1lb per week last week going from 126 to 125, netting 1600 cals, and i worked out 5 days out of seven...

but i guess that was just refusing to deny my greedy belly and taste buds....
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Do NOT give me any **** about this, or I will do my best to see that you regret it -- and worse, to educate you.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Internet threats = meaningless!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    But seriously, OP you need to see a medical professional. You're on a dark path.......
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm on an 800 calorie diet where I eat 800 calories, and then I eat 700 more. It's worked great for me.
    lol, yes!

^^^This^^^
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I was on an 800 calorie diet, I'd be murdering people. And then eating their remains.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    If I was on an 800 calorie diet, I'd be murdering people. And then eating their remains.

That would be off plan. Especially since the people you could catch and eat would probably be very high in saturated fats.
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    it's kind of funny and kind of sad how these kinds of threads ALWAYS get pages and pages of replies that say the same thing

oh how the poor dead horses get beaten on MFP

Lol right!?

I love the 800cal group losing 1/4lb a week or less when we have the 1600-2200cal team losing up to 2lbs a week.
    Wizardry!!!!!

I know everybody's different, but last week, I averaged 922 calories/day and lost 1.8 pounds...went from 126.8 to 125 pounds. I worked out five days out of seven (average calorie burn - 310,) with good energy levels. In my experience, folks try to justify/defend a higher-calorie diet because they refuse to deny their greedy belly and/or taste buds! (Please don't croak if that doesn't apply to you; notice that I prefaced it with "in my experience!")

you probably lost lean muscle mass. not smart. not smart at all.

Agreed. I consider myself very fortunate that I discovered the meanings of TDEE and BMR prior to starting this time around. I have lost all of weight slow and steady while not eating below 2000 or netting below my BMR and I feel great. That is not the best part though. The best part is that my relationship with food is much, much healthier than it was on low calorie diets in the past and I am setting a good example to my daughter. She deserves so much more from me than having to witness drastic calorie restrcition, mommy being hungry all the time and potentially damaging my health long term while likely gaining it back when I start to eat normally again. This is just as much about her future as it is mine.
This discussion has been closed.