Amputee on a mission.

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thank you... for all you've done and will do.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your commitment and sacrifice to keep us safe. If you are willing to push beyond what you're going through then the rest of us really have no excuse.
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    loving your attitude....I've no doubt you'll reach your goals and inspire many around here :)

:smile:
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hoooo Ahhhh! Set goals, then crush them!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    First of all... THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice. Secondly, I love your attitude. You are a strong person from the sound of it. You are going to accomplish a lot.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    thank you for your service. i may not always agree with the politics but i have unwavering support for our troops.

secondly, AMAZING DEDICATION! i am proud to be here for you and i believe you can get to whatever goal you have your mind/heart set on. feel free to add me!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    You own this man! Don't ever quit on it! We all got your back.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    you are awesome!! kudos to you for your weightloss....your postive attitude, and not letting your disability ( for lack of a better term) stop you. you are truly an inspiration to all of us!! i wish you good health and much success on your life's journey to attain all your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Can't say it any better than everyone else already has. Your sacrifice for our freedom is appreciated more than words can ever express.

And your commitment, perseverance, bravery, and positive attitude are an inspiration. I look forward to keeping up with your progress and success as you meet your goals. And I have absolutely no doubt that you will meet and surpass every one of your goals.

Blessings to you and yours!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service to our country, and for the things you gave up for us.

With the right equipment and the right attitude, you're definitely going to reach your goal. Good luck!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service and sacrifices to our country. Your story is no doubt inspiring to many. I know the feeling of hating to run before (I used to run cross country and track in high school) because I swore I'd never do it again. Now, I've been dealing with foot issues for the past 2 years, and all I want to do is run again. It's amazing that when freedoms are taken away from us, suddenly we realize that we miss not being able to enjoy it again. After months of physical therapy, I'm beginning to integrate jogging into my power walking routine. We'll both get there! Friend me if you'd like, I'd love to cheer you on!

Keep up the good work! Happy birthday Marine (in a couple of weeks)!

Semper Fi and Ooh Rah!
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My husband is also a wounded warrior although not an amputee. He's had surgeries on both knees, both shoulders, both wrists and they're looking into problems with both hips now too. We are just outside of Boston and he is involved with the Wounded Warriors Project and the Home Base Program which helps Wounded Warriors find things to do to stay active and use (and get used to using) their adaptive equipment. Last year we went snow boarding (lessons included). They've also hosted many other events around here. I'm not sure where you are but check out homebaaseprogram.org perhaps they can refer you to a similar group in your area. Good luck to you and your wife & family on your journey, and thank you for your service.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    So things slowed down due to head cold. I need this thing to go away. Thanks you all for your support.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    So i have had this head cold for about 4 days and its finally getting better. I think tomorrow I should be well enough to push myself a little on the treadmill. Wish me luck and send good vibes.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Rough night with head cold, but taking dog for a walk. It's supposed to get up to 70' today. Yahoo!!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    First of all, thank you for the sacrifice you made for the rest of us! It is impossible to express the gratitude and praise you and the rest of our military deserve.

Second, great job on your determination and dedication to be healthy for you and your family. Enjoy!
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is the best thing I've read so far this morning! There are not enough words to say thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

Best of luck to you towards your goals! With a positive attitude like yours, I'm sure you'll reach them in no time!

Cheers!
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    So I walked the dog for thirty minutes, and would have done longer, but old dog and new electronic feet did not want to go longer. I knew I should have used my old feet. LOL! I need good sleep tonight.
  • dianatucson
    dianatucson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service and the sacrifices you've made.
    The best to you and your wife in achieving your goals. Your attitude is terrific and inspiring.
    You will inspire me as I work to accomplish my goals.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Thank you, my good sir, for your service (and sacrifices) for our country.

Good luck on your journey. Hope you feel better soon!