200+ (Week 20) Fling Into Spring!

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Good: My parents are driving up from Medford for the night. Gracie, well all of us, hasn't seen them since Christmas. We never go that long in between visits so that will be nice!

Bad: I won't get to work out because they will be here and I REALLY wanted to work out. And I wanted to weigh in today! Oh well, that is okay. Hopefully I can hit the gym tomorrow before it closes. It is a small gym and the owner closes it on Sunday so I sure hope i can get there!

I just ate my left over pad thai and we're having hamburgers tonight. I am going to have to be very careful to not go over cals today with no exercise. That just makes it so much easier to eat when you work out!!
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I had my bad meal of the week and it was BAD. The good thing is even though it was that bad, I will still be within my calories even without my treadmill. Can't wait to read walk tonight. Burn off some of the BAD lunch I had, but it was oh so good.
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Another week down! How crazy!

Just updating really quick. I have had a great GREAT day today. The sun in shining bright, I got some great walking in this morning, groceries put away and ready to cook, and things done around the house. And it's only 4pm! :)

We have a great mall near us, it is just a big oval. So I walked 4 full laps in just under an hour, plus another lap in about 25 minutes (and stopping in a store for about 10 minutes). I stopped at the information desk, and the laps I was doing was 0.8 miles. If I were to stick to the outside (like into the movie theater and the long way around a couple of corners) it becomes 1.2 miles. Good to know for next time! So 5 laps=4 miles. My pedometer doesn't recognize all of my steps, so it is reading just under 5 miles, but I know I did more with a grocery trip (2 actually, I forgot a couple things), and walking around the house. I would guess I am closer to 6 miles actually. :bigsmile:

Starting Weight at MFP: 216.6
    Starting Challenge: 207.4
    Last Weeks weight: 204.6
    Today's weigh in: 203.6 (down 1 more, 3.8 total in 3 weeks)
    Goal for challenge: 175

I WILL be out of the 200's soon! I would love to be there and a bit under by my birthday on the 25th. 3 weeks is totally doable.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options

Cds - my only concern with V8 is to watch the sodium in it. Not sure if there is any or not, but take a look. Do you make smoothies at all? I've been putting baby spinach in mine and you can't even taste it. I've added at least a whole serving of veggies that way this week just my shoving as many leaves will fit into my magic bullet cup in the morning. Plus we all know how good spinach is for us.

Thanks for the heads up Lacey! I went to the store and got low sodium v8. if i remember right it has 80mg per serving, and i usually don't have a problem staying under on salt/sodium. I probably would not have though of that though, had you not brought it up....so thanks!!
  • ejm0306
    ejm0306 Posts: 45
    Options
    Oops...I posted this earlier on the week 19 board...need to learn to look for the new one...

Hi! My name is Erin! I am a 26 year old who is getting married in October to an amazing man. I am wanting to lose 45 pounds by August, but instead of doing it the wrong way and gaining it back I wanna keep it off. I am working out 4-5 days a week depending on what is going on in my hectic life during the week. I heard that you are a very supportive group of women and would love to be part of that!

Erin
  • tamaraj838
    Options
    Wow, you ladies are doing it!! Great job! I'm sad to say that I am uP two pounds... thanks to good 'ole Aunty Flo (and well so not so hot meals) :blushing: . I'm sure I'll drop a pound or two after the weekend... I retain ALOT of water during this time. Anyhoo, here's my numbers.

SW=265
    GW for current challenge = 243 (2 lbs/week) - I'm going to still attmept to be at this weight by 3/26 :bigsmile:
    CW = 252 (up 2lbs from last week)
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I planned to check in earlier today, but it ended up being super hectic. I don't know why I'm surprised by that as it was my day back after close to a week gone from the office(s).

So I stepped on the scale this morning and I was up 4 pounds. I'm sort of thinking I'll hold off of my official weigh in until tomorrow or Sunday, as I hope it'll drop at least a bit. I think some of it is sodium and such, but I also ate like whoa over the week and didn't drink enough water. So, with my weight, I'll check in again over the weekend.

My trip was great! The conference itself was underwhelming, as I didn't find it as nearly as relevant as I'd hoped it would be. It certainly wasn't a wash though, because the city was great! The weather was sort of crappy the first day, but it was still warmer than it is here in Michigan. On my last day, we finished by 11ish, and our flight didn't leave until 6, so we were able to walk around and do some shopping (got some super cute shoes for 25 bucks!), and ended up at Cafe du Monde for some beignets and cafe au lait. yummy! those of you who are my facebook buddies can see pics. Basically, I ate like whoa. I really wanted to work out, but we had so little time to explore the city, I wanted to get the most out of it, so I only worked out that first night, though I did do a fair bit of walking each evening. I have no idea when I'll get back to the city, so I tried to make the most out of it.

Today I was just all over the place with work... several different locations and such. So much, that I didn't get a chance to eat lunch. As I still feel like I'm digesting food from this week, I wasn't starving either, though wolfed down a veggie sub when I got home- not the best, but not horrible, as I hadn't eaten much today. I'm hoping to get my tush back on track this week, as I'd like to finish out my week 9 of c25k. Also, I was only 2 pounds away from the 100s this past Monday... I know I'm up still, but I want to get back to there ASAP. Let's hope the pounds mostly melt away with some power veggie eating, drinking tons of water, and getting my booty moving.

Congrats to everyone this week! Again, I've missed you all the past few days!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hey gang - I decided to celebrate tonight and am going to go way over on calories. I will try to post chart on Sunday after everyone has checked in. Gotta run since we are about to watch season finale of Burn Notice... I will check in tomorrow.
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well, reading on my treadmill worked again! It seems to work like a charm. Talk to everyone tomorrow. Have a good night.
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    haha i posted on the 19 week.. anywho im down only .5 lbs according to the scale at the Ymca... bummer was hoping for my 2lbs.. oh well there is always next week.. :)

Mish grats!!!
  • mrsbojangles
    Options
    Congratulations, mish, on entering onederville!!! :flowerforyou: Let me know how it is, because I have a loooong way to go before I knock on that door! :tongue:

LW: 330
    CW: 329
    I lost one pound. I am happy because it was a rough week! :noway:

Good luck to all on your weigh-ins!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I might weigh in again tomorrow and see what it says...I usually weigh in at 10 a.m. I am always holding water when I get up in the mornings...my rings are always really tight, and it usually takes a few hours before they slide around...do any of you retain water overnight?

Good luck deb!!! I too feel bloated in the morning. I normally weigh in about an hour after I get up and use the facilities.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I follow one of 2 rules:

1) I eat ALL of my exercise cal plus 1200 (I have been doing this more often)

or

2) I eat 1/2 of my exercise cal plus what MFP tells me to eat with life being sedentary and goals set to 1 pound loss (I started out doing this)

I hope this clears it up for you.

It does, thank you very much. Last question....what determines if you choose to eat the #1 option or #2? how much you've worked out?
    i don't think i've plateaued (but good to know that a month is what constitutes it), it just doesn't seem like my weight loss is consistent. everyone else seems to have their groove on, and i dont. whaa whaa poor me.....i know.....

I just looked over the charts from the last few months. I don't think you have plateaued either. You really are doing great. Remember slow and steady weight loss wins the race. You have been at this awhile now so you are only going to have small weight loss amounts - not like newbies that are posting 3 to 5 pounds a week (which is most likely water weight).

You went from 222 (10/22) to 215 (11/26) to 212 (1/01) to 207 (2/12).... That is excellent weight loss!!!! The downward trend is what you want. Because you are losing it slowly, you will be more likely to keep it off. (*hug*) I know it's hard since you've only lost a pound in the last few weeks. Have you taken measurements? I bet you are slimming down and losing inches too. You should make a list of all the positive things that you feel and can now that you couldn't do before - I keep one on my fridge to remind me of why I am doing this.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    cd - I got so involved in numbers that I forgot to answer your question. I started with eating what MFP recommended and 1/2 my calories because I was terrified of estimating wrong. Along the way I realized that both methods are about the same on regular exercise day (30 to 45 min of low impact aerobics). The more I learn, the more I realize that I need to stay over 1200 net calories. Since bumping my exercise up by running and working out sometimes twice a day, I have been aiming for 1200 net calories. I really don't pick one or the the other but try to eat what I can. I was way over yesterday (700 cal - d@mn that bottle of wine) so later today, I will probably workout out hard and come in under. Double dog d@mn that bottle of wine - that's probably why I am up at an ungodly hour on Sat morning:grumble: :laugh:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    So what scales do you guys use at home??? I have a crappy one and am thinking about spending the money for a fancier one, but am nervous that it will show more than the gyms plain and simple one. At the gym my weight is 208 and at home it is 216. SO I stopped using the one at home because WTF is that all about? I didn' tknow if the scales that are all fancy with body fat and such are worth it or not? Input please!!

I have a doctor's type scale where you slide the weight over. It's by healthometer and worth every penny. It is accurate and measures in 1/4 pound increments. You can balance it out easily with a screw driver to make sure it's accurate. I've only had to do this once in 5 years.

http://www.amazon.com/Health-meter-Balance-Doctor-Physician/dp/B000FETU1G
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! I am up 2 lbs this week, well technically 1.5ish.. I am 219.2 today...bummer; but I won't let it damper my mood, its beautiful up here, and were gonna go to a home show type thing...
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh myself this morning until after I had been up about 2 hours and had eaten my 3 egg omlette. Add that to the fact that I'm still eating all the crappy food in the house that I emotionally bought last weekend and I'm up. Way up. 236.2 I will try to remember to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see what a more accurate weight it. Its such a beautiful day outside (but still pretty chilly) and I've gotten quite a bit done on my To Do List already. I woke up pretty early considering I normally wake up around 10-11 without an alarm. Today I got out of bed at 8:30. Seriously just has to do with the weather. (and knowing I have a lot to do today) Tomorrow is my dad's 50th birthday and we are throwing him a surprise party tonight. Its at a local Christian shag dance bar and I'm the primary daughter helping mom organize and decorate for it.

In other random news, I bought my dog Lexi a pink camo dog collar a week or so ago because Joey never let me put pink on her before...she had a blue collar and everyone thought she was a boy dog. Last night I bought her a pink heart tag to go on her collar with her name and my phone number on it and its super cute! I love it!!

sorry for the randomness...I will try to read through all the posts later today but it'll probably be tomorrow before I have a chance to go through it all. Good luck
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal- I bet your dog looks adorable!!

I use a WW scale I got a few years back... it's digital, nothing special, but it seems to be on par with other scales I've used, and I figure as long as I'm weighing on the same scale, it should show my accurate weight loss trend over time.

Okay, so i weighed in this morning. Remember, my weight is almost always lower on the weekends as I weigh in later in the morning cause my *kitten* likes to sleep in. Yesterday, my first day back from New Orleans, I stepped on the scale and it was 206... i about fainted... up like 4 pounds. ouchies... but i figured it wasn't all real weight gain.

So I weighed in this morning, and I took the highest of 3 times: 202.6 (-0.6) from last week. I'll take it! It's lower than it would have been if I'd weighed at the exact same time as I normally do, but let me have this one. haha. Back on track I go!- I'll probably veg most of the day, though might try and get a dvd in. Tomorrow it's to the rec center again!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I had a great exercise day!!!! 7 yes 7 miles. I jogged for 3, walked with DH for 2 and had to laugh at him since he was c/o legs being sore, and hiked snowy trails with mom for 2. I love the iphone imapmyrun ap... I really need to get in the hot tub and

Now we are watching the Family Guy Star Wars and Empire Strikes back cartoons - what a hoot. Gotta run - our break is over. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

ps - blombie I love that you put pink on the dog. I want to see a picture - PLEASE!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone!

Hi Erin!

The visit with my parents was good. My eating was not. Hamburgers, DQ icecream, pancakes and then I made pizza for lunch. Yeah. And I didn't get to the gym to weigh. If I take Thursday's weigh in, I am at 208.

I logged everything and will eat much better tonight and tomorrow. My stomach is upset right now and I am sure it is because of the crap I filled my body with over the last 24 hours. BLeh