Question for guys…when a woman complains..

Options
fcp1234
fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
I think it’s a big turn off and useless to complain to your male partner about your looks, being overweight, bad hair, etc etc…But still I know a lot of women that do it. I think this is one of those conversations that are saved for your girl friends (if you really have to complain about it). I think one should not complain but work hard and be proud of whatever the results are..but we all have those days when we don’t feel so pretty ( some more than the others).

Yea yea yea... our partners are supposed to be our best friends..but still I think there are some things you dont talk about, and complaining about your body is one of them.

What do you think?

Replies

• scottsilver81
    Options
    to be honest i'm assuming they are only telling me for one of two reasons....:-

reassurance that they are still desireable

or

because they want help to change their appearance

or am i being naive?
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    it gets annoying after a while its basically compliment fishing
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    In my opinion.... I could handle a few complaints as I'm sure most men including myself often complain about things to their partners. The main turn off is a lack of confidence especially when it comes to sex. Confidence is a huge turn on so even if girls are carrying abit of weight or have physical issues I think this can be compensated by confidence.
  • fcp1234
    Options

or

or am i being naive?

If a woman is asking for reassurance that you still want her..there is something wrong there from your part

If you need help, ask for freaking help, you dont have to complain about it..
  • Danardeener
    Options

or

or am i being naive?

Yeah, I think maybe we are doing for reassurance that we are still attractive.
  • fcp1234
    Options
    In my opinion.... I could handle a few complaints as I'm sure most men including myself often complain about things to their partners. The main turn off is a lack of confidence especially when it comes to sex. Confidence is a huge turn on so even if girls are carrying abit of weight or have physical issues I think this can be compensated by confidence.

Well..doesnt complaining = lack of confidence?

Dont take me wrong, There are times that I will complain about , but its really not complaining, it usually is just to let my husband know that I might be at the gym a little longer in the future cause I gotta work on a few pounds
  • Danardeener
    Options

or

or am i being naive?

If a woman is asking for reassurance that you still want her..there is something wrong there from your part

I think it's not so much complaining but maybe just to get someone else's opinion...you know how it takes your mind awhile to catch up to your changing body and how the mirror plays tricks on you....not to mention the scale.
  • fcp1234
    Options

or

or am i being naive?

I think it's not so much complaining but maybe just to get someone else's opinion...you know how it takes your mind awhile to catch up to your changing body and how the mirror plays tricks on you....not to mention the scale.

Thats what Im here for girl,. among other things:)
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

or

or am i being naive?

Disagree, it could just be her. Sometimes even women who have lots of confidence have weak moments. It happens, we are human. My hubby is my best friend and if I can't share with him when I am not feeling all wonderful about myself, then there is something wrong there. With that being said, a woman who does it ALL the time, needs help or is fishing for compliments. I think all guys find women with confidence a huge turn on....must be why I get laid so much...hahaha.
  • Danardeener
    Options

or

or am i being naive?

Thats what Im here for girl,. among other things:)

:))))
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily complain about my looks.... but my bf compliments my appearance consistently, and it just feels awkward. After years of negativity towards myself due to weight, or years of negativity from a few others I encounter just because of the way I chose to dress at that point.... I feel as though I'm a) undeserving of compliments, and/or b) that anyone who says something nice to me is lying.
  • Danardeener
    Options
    I just realized this was suppose to be a question for guys...lol Okay, I'm out!
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for saying that xD
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    there's complaining, and then there's incessant whining.

I mean, everyone complains from time to time about work, looks, traffic, whatever. When you think you are getting the short end of the stick on something, then they tend to complain a little. So, if my wife complains to me about her appearance, I don't care. It's not something that she harps on. She will make a comment about feeling fat, or her hair not looking right or whatever. But then I probably won't hear about it for a month or two. I make it pretty clear that I think she's beautiful and sexy.

But if she did it daily, that would be a turn off. But if she complained about any one thing daily (like work), it would be a turnoff.

So I guess I am saying that the act of complaining is more detrimental (in my opinion) than the topic.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

or

or am i being naive?

It's only the first one.
    Women don't complain to their partners because they want help changing.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

This. My husband *****es about stuff, so why can't I? And yes, sometimes that thing I ***** about is my body, especially since I have a lot of extra skin after losing weight. I know it doesn't bother him, but sometimes I just get irritated/frustrated about it and want to vent. I'll also add, my husband is a lot more understanding about it than my "girlfriends."
  • fcp1234
    Options
    I don't necessarily complain about my looks.... but my bf compliments my appearance consistently, and it just feels awkward.

Well You boyfriend is just a d***, sorry for being harsh.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    When a woman complains its a major turnoff and is annoying.

Nothing is sexier than a confident woman no matter her physical appearance may be.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we just want to vocalise what's going on in our head. No response is necessary. I know that for me it helps to just say it aloud instead of letting it fester inside.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    ok i see your posts almost everyday here and they are very interesting..nothing against that!..but its becoming very disconcerting hearing you talk everyday without a head.I dont know why but Its bothering me a lot lol..just saying :explode: