Fit & Fun Sized Group~March

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: JAM, congrats on fitting into size 12 pants....what a great prize for when you reach your next milestone:bigsmile: :bigsmile: It sounds like you're making good plans for your trip......your daughter will appreciate your "side by side" mother and daughter computer time.

:flowerforyou: Chocolickkyss,I continue to admire your workout schedule

:flowerforyou: jzbaby, by now you've probably done a fabulous workout and are feeling great.

We're heading for Los Angeles tomorrow----airplane ride, a visit with friends I haven't seen for years, and some time alone with my wonderful husband.......and the hotel has internet access and a fitness room:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    :heart: hugs:heart: Barbie
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday all! Today is week 1 day 4 of the Insanity program and it's considered recovery day, so, I completed the 32 minute Cardio Recovery dvd. I see now I will be looking forward to Thursdays for the next month since every Thursday in month 1 has been designated as recovery day. I really like this dvd b/c it incorporates a lot of stretching yet there is also some strengthening (squats, lunges, plank etc...). When I was doing the P90X program I couldn't stand the Yoga days ,which is why I substituted it out for Cardio X, b/c the duration was entirely too long for my liking. Cardio recovery is very different and I absolutely love the fact that it's only 30 minutes.

My exercise is complete for the day and once again I'm glad I climbed out the bed and got it done. I must admit I'm a bit anxious about tomorrow's workout b/c it's pure cardio and when I watched the dvd there were no allotted breaks throughout this dvd and the moves looked insane. I'm sure I'll be taking my own breaks all through this dvd but just thinking about how it's going to kick my butt has me sweating just a little bit....LOL. No pain, No gain right (I'm still convincing myself of that motto)!

Jam: Way to be dedicated to your workouts even when you're away from home and I agree w/Barbie your daughter will definitely appreciate you being by her side.

Barbie: Enjoy your trip to LA w/friends and of course DH.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Chocolickkyss,I continue to admire your workout schedule

I AGREE! Wow, you go girl!!! :love:

I'm chugging along with C25K, alternating with Chalene Extreme - tomorrow is "weigh day", hoping to see some movement... BUT I did put on a more fitted style sweater this morning that I haven't been able to wear in over a year!!! :happy:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options

I'm chugging along with C25K, alternating with Chalene Extreme - tomorrow is "weigh day", hoping to see some movement... BUT I did put on a more fitted style sweater this morning that I haven't been able to wear in over a year!!! :happy:

Congradulations! It's a great way to start the day off.

Choco & Barbie - Thanks for all the encouragement.

Barbie - have fun on your trip.

Choco - Enjoy your Thursday Recovery Day! You deserve it.

JAM
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    March Thread for the Fit & Fun Sized Group. Petite size group 5'4 & under. Any short people who need support are welcome!!

Hi! I'm under 5'4" and would like to join :smile:
  • noseovertail
    Options
    I'm having a hard time with motivation lately. I somehow gained 2.5 lbs, though I only went over on my calories one day (I think). I'm wondering if 1200 calories is not the right amount for me, I just don't get it. I'm frustrated because I can't work out very hard due to my surgery. I'm just frustrated all around. It's 'TOM' for me I think, which might be a reason I gained. I'm having a hard time, ugh!
  • PurpleAshes
    PurpleAshes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is definately a group for me. I'm 5'4 (just made it lol), 160lbs. And gosh do I need some support lol.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hey PurpleAshes & 10more welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:

Well it looks like it is going to be a sunday weigh in for me. I STILL am not at my mini goal. It is driving me crazy!! On the bright side I did take my measurements today and I lost a 1/2 inch on my hips, arms & neck. 1/4 inch on left thigh & 3/4 inch on right thigh since last wednesday!! It helps to know what I am getting smaller, but i love to see the scale move lol. Have a good weekend everyone!

Noseovertail- I know how you feel. I have been on this website since mid-october & have only lost about 9 lbs. Its a painfully slow process lol (at least for me it is). If it is your TOM then you will gain some weight so dont get frustrated, it will go away. 1200 is on the low side. People recommend eating at least your BMR daily. I'd say try it for a week and see if that helps. You can find out your BMR in the "tools" section of this site. And if you dont have one, get a cloth tape measure and take your measurments. Record them on MFP in the measurments section. I know you cant work out too much but you probably are still losing something. It's a more accurate way to see changes in your body. Just dont give up, keep going and you will lose it!!
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Thanks! :flowerforyou: I weighed in today and lost .4 pound for this week. My mini goal is to lose another 1.5 pounds for the month of March.

How often do you measure?
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    TGIF girlies!!! :drinker:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday all! Today is week 1 day 5 of the Insanity program which means I had to complete the Pure Cardio dvd. This dvd is PURE EVIL compared to the others that I've completed. First, the warm up is straight INSANE(joggin, jumpin jacks, heisman, 1-2-3's, butt kicks, high knees and mummy kicks) and to think you have to do that for 10 minutes and then complete the rest of the workout (suicide drills, switch kicks, wide football sprints, stance jacks, pedal/lunges, hooks/jump rope, power jacks, level 2 drills, frog jumps, power knees, standing mountain climbers, ski down, scissor runs, suicide jumps and push up jacks) without an allotted break. My legs were screaming at me by the time we got to the suicide jumps and push up jacks. I did not even come close to completing this workout w/o allowing myself any breaks and I stand up and applaud anyone who has completed this dvd w/o taking any.

I can tell I will forever dread pure cardio days but like all the other difficult workouts I'm glad I stuck with it and gave it my all. My Friday can officially begin b/c the workout is complete, I'm off of work, I'm about to head to the hair and nail salon and my best girlfriends will be arriving in town this afternoon. Life is GREAT at this very moment!
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options

Thanks! :flowerforyou: I weighed in today and lost .4 pound for this week. My mini goal is to lose another 1.5 pounds for the month of March.

How often do you measure?

Congrats on the loss! Usually I measure every 2 weeks. Sometimes I will after a week if i'm anxious to see if I lost anything lol.
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi ladies! It's wonderful to see everyone (new and old) sticking with it - kicking butt and taking names! :drinker:

choco - YOU are such an inspiration! I envy your drive and dedication. Thank you! :flowerforyou:

jzbaby - I recently had a similar experience with my feet. I was giddy! And decided I needed some new cute shoes. It's a wonder I haven't walked into a wall admiring them. LOL! :bigsmile:

jam - I was very selective about buying new jeans, tried on lots and lots and finally found the perfect pair and bought two! I don't remember ever being this picky in my whole life - but it's kind of fun. I'll be keeping your daughter (and you too) in my prayers this week. <<Hugs!>> :smile: :heart:

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. I have continued to log my food and drop the lbs. I have been doing some deep cleaning around the house - organizing closets, etc. There have been more than a couple days when I've been completely exhausted and sore the next day. What a great feeling! Two birds - one stone - BONUS! :tongue:

You are all amazing women! Keep up the great work!

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jam0525
    Options
    I'm having a hard time with motivation lately. I somehow gained 2.5 lbs, though I only went over on my calories one day (I think). I'm wondering if 1200 calories is not the right amount for me, I just don't get it. I'm frustrated because I can't work out very hard due to my surgery. I'm just frustrated all around. It's 'TOM' for me I think, which might be a reason I gained. I'm having a hard time, ugh!

I know how you feel. I struggled at 1200 calories a day too. When I checked my BMR it was 1265 calories a day, so I raised my limit to 1300 calories a day and I started to slowly loose again. Have you checked your BMR lately? What kind of surgery did you have?

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options

I know how you feel. I struggled at 1200 calories a day too. When I checked my BMR it was 1265 calories a day, so I raised my limit to 1300 calories a day and I started to slowly loose again. Have you checked your BMR lately? What kind of surgery did you have?

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning! It's a beautifully sunny morning here in the Atl and my weekend has gotten off to a wonderful start! My girlfriends made it into town safely and when I picked them up from the airport we hit the ground running. Last night was the old school rap concert and the only word that could accurately describe it would be FANTASTIC! These old school rappers came out and represented and showed everyone how a concert should be performed. They didn't just rap they thoroughly ENTERTAINED! The concert began on time (8 pm) and my girlfriends and I ROCKED IT OUT to the beats of Big Daddy Kane, Biz Markie, Dougie Fresh, Slick Rick, Whodini and Salt n Pepa for 3 SOLID hours. My voice is slightly hoarse from all the yelling/screaming (Yeah, I know I'm 37 but the teenager in me came shining out) I did and I could barely walk from all the dancing. I'm just so HAPPY that my best girlfriends came down to party w/me for the weekend.

Today is week 1 day 6 of the Insanity program which means I'm supposed to complete the Plyometrics Cardio Circuit dvd but since my friends are sleeping soundly in the room right next to where I workout I've decided to let them sleep and hit the gym and take my weekly kickboxing class. I told them prior to their arrival that no matter how much partying I do I'll be getting in my daily workout and that's exactly what I intend to do.

Btw, my friends hadn't seen me since September 2009 and they had nothing but compliments on the transformation my body has made in the short timeframe that i've been working out. One of my friends gave me this cute little black dress that she could no longer fit and when I looked at the tag it said size 3/4. I was real skeptical that I would be able to fit into it but it fit like a glove. Who would have thought that at my largest (size 14, 152 lbs) I would ever wear a size 3/4 or 6. The hard work and dedication is definitely paying off.

I will check back in w/everyone once the workout is complete.

Jandie: Thank so much for the compliment. I can't believe that I've been maintaining my weight for over a month now. I've always had the determination to lose the weight and like so many other ppl have done a great job at it BUT had ALWAYS been unsuccessful at keeping the weight off and honestly feel like this time will be different. I must admit that part of the reason I've continued to exercise on a daily basis is b/c I found a thread where the challenge is to workout 7 days a week and everytime you successfully complete a week you earn a point and the goal is to earn 52 points (since there are 52 weeks in the year). I found the thread in the 2nd week of January and have been going strong since. The ladies there really keep me moving, even if I don't do Insanity, P90X or something as intense as that I get up and do something and that is definitely a change in my behavior. Congratulations on your continued weight loss.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    It's still morning time as I write this thread, so, Good morning all! Today's workout is complete. I had every intention on going to my kickboxing class this morning unfortunately when I arrived at the gym I learned that the stereo equipment was not working properly so the instructor would be conducting the class w/o music. I could only muster up the energy to complete 15 minutes of the class before I opted to plug my Ipod in and get my workout done on the elliptical. I completed 15 minutes in the kickboxing class and 35 minutes on the elliptical for a total of 50 minutes completed.

Now it's time for me to get dressed and head out w/the girls.

I hope everyone's able to get a workout in today.
  • noseovertail
    Options

JAM

I've never checked my BMR. This might be a silly question but how can I check it? I had spinal fusion surgery, I had a titanium rod & 2 screws inserted in my lower back so it will be a very long recovery. I have been thinking about raising my caloric intake for the day but I'm terrified to gain even more.

EDITED: I just checked my BMR on a website and it said my BMR is 1359.15. Should I raise my intake?
  • PurpleAshes
    PurpleAshes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies.
    So I'm having trouble getting over the 160 hump. I can't quite get the 150s. Actually I was 159.7lbs yesterday (and was soooooo happy lol) and then I steped back on a minute later and was 160 again.

So my question: Any tricks to getting off a platteau?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies! According to the Insanity program today is a rest day so I decided to keep it pretty light. I got up at 6:15 am and drove my wonderful girlfriends to the airport. After the airport run I headed directly to the grocery store so I could get my weekly shopping completed. Once I returned home I put up the groceries, washed on the linen from my out of town guests, ironed my clothes for the work week and completed my daily workout. I decided to pop in a Leslie Sansone dvd and did 2 1/2 miles.

I'm soooo excited that my workout, house work and everything else is completed so I can really relax for the remainder of the day.