Before You Weigh In...

Options

Replies

• djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    best way to get at that damn scale is to adjust it before you begin...move it back 20lbs or so..then come back later that day step on it without looking and just look at the final number :)

I like your train of thought dj...hmmm, I have a digital scale so I don't know if it will work though. Maybe if I hang on the towel rack to hold myself up a bit the number will go lower....I could probably do it that way. :laugh:

Don't think you got a whole lot to worry about anyway
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hold as many helium balloons as can fit in the room with you.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hold as many helium balloons as can fit in the room with you.

What kind of rope/string should I use? Should I stick with the little string that's usually handed out with them? Maybe I could use some type of twine? Or would that be extra weight added on?? Should I use a specific color balloon? 'Cause I know that the dye to color those balloons can't be weightless!

This is all so confusing! :sad:
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sewing thread, very short sewing thread. Balloons can be any color, you just need a really big room so more balloons will fit. If you can rent an outdoor stadium that would be perfect.
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump! Good laugh!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Floss your teeth!! Make sure to get a chemical peel as well, burn off a few layers of skin... lose weight, and look years younger all in one shot!!:wink:
  • teach54
    teach54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Use a netti-pot to clear out those sinuses. And an enema to clear out other parts.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Cut your friggin toenails, pick that nose....
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    hhmm welll i dont plan on getting naky in the hall at the med clinic.. but i am going to go see bout donating blood before i weigh in in a couple weeks..lmao
  • Hakarn
    Hakarn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ...Oh, and you should only weigh in when there is a new moon, because clearly that is when the moon exerts the least gravitational force... :-D

shi7, I totally didn't know this! Awesome sauce!

I think you want the opposite - so weigh yourself on the full moon. If the moon is exerting gravitational force, then it is pulling you away from the Earth.

You can always drink some olive oil the night before.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Weigh your breasts separtely (plop them on the scale alone). Then weigh yourself and deduct the amount your breast weigh. Afterall, the breast weight doesn't count and should be in your favor. :wink:
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Go have a good cry-those tear ducts can hold tons of water weight! :laugh:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    OMG, I'm dying, can't...breathe. I have to add, I weighed myself last week, farted, then weighed again just for sh**s and giggles, and it went down a pound. True story. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Weigh your breasts separtely (plop them on the scale alone). Then weigh yourself and deduct the amount your breast weigh. Afterall, the breast weight doesn't count and should be in your favor. :wink:

I like this!! While we're at it, weigh your head separately, and deduct at least 75% of that weight for your brain. Your brain shouldn't count either.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm dying, can't...breathe. I have to add, I weighed myself last week, farted, then weighed again just for sh**s and giggles, and it went down a pound. True story. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I LOL'ed!!!! That's great!!!
  • SexyTmar
    SexyTmar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP we had a rickety old scale that had to be dialed in to zero before starting every time! I had no experience and of course did not go looking for tips, so I just jumped on the scale with all my clothes on. My second weigh in was using my sister's digital scale at her place, but still fully clothed.

Now I am starting week four and just got a digital scale. When I weighed in today, I was only wearing my socks, bra and Tshirt. Not sure how much they weigh, but my total loss came in over four pounds!

Next weigh-in, I will go for naked, but this will make me a little sad because that will be the end of my 'easy' weight loss! lol
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I was gonna say blow your nose, there is so much in those sinus cavity's. but someone said it before me. So hubby says, make sure all your toes are cleaned out, as toe jam really weighs you down. I lost 180 lbs in one day via divorce. Then I lost 40 lbs off my body my 1st semester in collage, and more by the time I graduated. FYI, they put all your class's at opposite ends of the campus, never near each other. lol So go to College.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Exhale. 3 Liters of air has to weigh something.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    The brilliance of this thread - it's brilliant!

And now I know all I must do to finally get that scale to move! :bigsmile:
  • RychelleD
    RychelleD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lol!