What the EFF are the lyrics?!

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    lol my notorious one was sheryl crow's "all i wanna do"

i would always sing "all i wanna do, is hooked on phonics" (anybody guess which commercial was on all. the. time. around then?)

This song... So hard.

And Bennie and the Jets. The only reason I know ALL the lyrics is because my mom covered it in her band and I helped her practice the lyrics before a show.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    My mom used to think AC/DC said "dirty deeds, thunder cheeks"
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    She drives me crazy with long white hair... LOL suppose to be..... like no one else.... :P
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Creedence Clearwater Revival. Almost their entire catalogue, Fogerty can't enunciate anything. My favorite...

"Theeeeeres a bathroom, on the right." (Bad Moon Rising)
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Forever in Blue Jeans..thought it was Reverend Blue Jeans :tongue:
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The funniest one I can think of right off the top of my head.....

My daughter, not too long ago, heard "Livin' on Tulsa Time" and sang it over and over and over as "Livin' on Toaster Time" I still laugh thinking about it.
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    In the song "Margaritaville", for the longest time, I thought "Stepped on a pop-top" was "Stepped on a pop tart."
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,085 Member
    Options
    In the song "Margaritaville", for the longest time, I thought "Stepped on a pop-top" was "Stepped on a pop tart."

That could be because pop-tops were obsolete by - oh- 1975 :laugh: You wouldn't even have that as a reference unless you're over 37.

"Wrapped up like a douche" yep. The next line, to me was "another moaner in the night".....not...correct .....
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Beatles
    " Well, shake it up, baby, now..." I thought it was "We're shaking a baby now..."
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    blinded by the light.....wrapped up like a douche.........lolol

lol another one of my friends said this one also

In the Manfred Mann version, he totally says "douche", repeatedly. You can tell on the Springsteen version that it's "deuce".

My favorite is "My *kitten* is the center hole" instead of "my angel is the centerfold".
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My 6-year-old loved the song Pumped Up Kicks when it came out. She sings the line "You better run, better run, faster than my bullet," as "I gotta run, gotta run, faster than my brother."

Not gonna correct her.

:smile:
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I just had to look up the lyrics...I totally thought it was Douche too!
  • stinkpurty
    Options

That could be because pop-tops were obsolete by - oh- 1975 :laugh: You wouldn't even have that as a reference unless you're over 37.

Yeah. I was kinda confused as to how one could blow out their flip flop on a pop tart. Then, I found out what a pop-top was...
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My 6-year-old loved the song Pumped Up Kicks when it came out. She sings the line "You better run, better run, faster than my bullet," as "I gotta run, gotta run, faster than my brother."

Not gonna correct her.

Nothing more adorable than 6-year olds loving songs about kids shooting kids. :happy:

I say that completely joking as a parent, because kids hear *kitten* all the time that they have no idea how to interpret, and you just have to laugh. My 7-year-old was playing Modern Warfare with me (please send parenting awards directly to my house....) and she got shot and called the guy a D-bag (but she said it). Over my laughter I tried to parent her and told her it was a bad thing to say...... then she asked me what it was..... well.... see honey....... sometimes a woman.... gets that "not so fresh" feeling.

Same girl at the age of 5 from the backseat with the radio off just singing -
    You change your mind
    Like a girl changes clothes
    Yeah you PMS
    Like a *****, I should know

Just waiting for her to start in with "Skeet skeet skeet skeet......"
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Percy Sledge, When a man loves a woman:

There's a line that sounds like
    "Time to hold on to your hot cross bun"
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    When "Our lips are sealed" first came out, I thought it was Alice the seal.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Beatles
    " Well, shake it up, baby, now..." I thought it was "We're shaking a baby now..."

Oh that made me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • x__chrissy__x
    Options
    Rhianna says SOMETHING in a song that is suppose to say

Cause I'm a paper chaser

but if you listen to it you know it says Cuz I'm a big F*&King $lut
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Not a song, but an old limerick --- "Jimmy crapped corn, and I don't care".

Why should I care if Jimmy crapped corn. Maybe he shouldn't eat corn.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

Not gonna correct her.

Nothing more adorable than 6-year olds loving songs about kids shooting kids. :happy:

I say that completely joking as a parent, because kids hear *kitten* all the time that they have no idea how to interpret, and you just have to laugh. My 7-year-old was playing Modern Warfare with me (please send parenting awards directly to my house....) and she got shot and called the guy a D-bag (but she said it). Over my laughter I tried to parent her and told her it was a bad thing to say...... then she asked me what it was..... well.... see honey....... sometimes a woman.... gets that "not so fresh" feeling.

Same girl at the age of 5 from the backseat with the radio off just singing -
    You change your mind
    Like a girl changes clothes
    Yeah you PMS
    Like a *****, I should know

Just waiting for her to start in with "Skeet skeet skeet skeet......"

My 10 Year old's favorite song right now is Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss...child can sing every word of it...