What the EFF are the lyrics?!

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    When I was young and Kenny Rogers sang Lucille, he said "Four hungry children and the crops in the field" and I always pictured four hundred kids standing in a corn field...but in my defense, i was six!!! lol

I always thought it said "four hundred children".
    There's a site on YouTube where someone tries to interpret Pearl Jam lyrics. OMG; it's hysterical!

Eddie Vedder was once asked about The lyrics to Yellow Led Better. He said something along the lines of " "Wait...you mean there's lyrics?"

Eta correct quote.
  • kimimila86
    Options
    Rhianna says SOMETHING in a song that is suppose to say

Cause I'm a paper chaser

but if you listen to it you know it says Cuz I'm a big F*&King $lut

LMAO!
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Theres a line in a *****cat Dolls song I always thought said "I wanna have boobies"

Found out recently the lyrics actually say "I wanna have groupies"
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    He's got the whole world... in his pants.

:tongue: :laugh:
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    8a0d2243daed8d01d4e47edb6e0f1fe1.jpg
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    Benny & the Jets...there's so many misquoted lyrics in that song!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I Used to think Chaka Kahn was singing Climb every woman, get into me

and then there was Rose Royce chicken fricassee, love don't live here any more

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW... these are known as mondegreens
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Theres a line in a *****cat Dolls song I always thought said "I wanna have boobies"

Found out recently the lyrics actually say "I wanna have groupies"

I did too! Lol.
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    blinded by the light.....wrapped up like a douche.........lolol

OMG, me too! Though I now know it's "revved up like a duece" (or something like that, haha!)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Not a song, but an old limerick --- "Jimmy crapped corn, and I don't care".

Why should I care if Jimmy crapped corn. Maybe he shouldn't eat corn.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My mom had one that still kills me to this day. Instead of "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire. Your desire..." She thought it was "I'm your fetus, I'm your father. Your desire." HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's messed up, right there!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Dirty Jeans, Dungarees! (Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap)
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Carrying a laser down the road that I must travel. Carrying a laser through the darkness of the niiiiight.

My girl wants to potty all the time, potty all the time, potty all the time. [There's a medication for that now.]
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every Red Hot Chili Peppers song...not that the real lyrics make much more sense
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    There is a line in "sexy and I know it" that my daughter sings as "I've got rashes in my pants, cause I ain't afraid to show it" instead of "passion in my pants, and I ain't afraid to show it"...... Nobody ever correct her...... I want her to firmly believe her version for the next 20 years.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    8a0d2243daed8d01d4e47edb6e0f1fe1.jpg

oh my god... so true.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    "Singing HEY-O it's Galileo!!!
    Gonna rock this club
    Gonna jump this joint
    Gonna light it up like it's dynamite."

I seriously have the worst hearing ever. EVER.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Ok...I"m sure everyone out there has thought lyrics of a song were different...and then someone called you out on them?

For example...my most notorious one is Whitesnake's "Here I go Again"...I always sang "Like a TWISTER, I was born to walk alone!".. until hubs told me "twisters don't walk".

Wait..it isn't Twister?? What is it?!!?! LMao!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    There's a site on YouTube where someone tries to interpret Pearl Jam lyrics. OMG; it's hysterical

Eddie Vedder was once asked about The lyrics to Yellow Led Better. He said something along the lines of " "Wait...you mean there's lyrics?"

Eta correct quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU&list=FLgb0HpNzom4CR799Edeljyg&index=90&feature=plpp_video

Yellow Ledbetter misheard lyrics video. :laugh: I saw this video a couple years ago and have been hearing it that way ever since.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My favorite misheard/unintelligible song of all time: Yellow Ledbetter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU

The correct lyrics are pretty deep. But I couldn't listen to a live version of the song all the way through because he didn't mumble enough. I couldn't substitute whichever words I wanted.