Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/5/12

Options

Replies

• colleenrutledge
    Options
    My sister (who is very critical) said she could actually tell I was loosing weight.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I bought a really cute pair of denium shorts today as my 'goal' shorts. I wear a 12/14 depending on the cut, they are a size 10 and I actually got them pulled up, however not zipped but I'll tkae it coming from a size 22/24.
  • smousley
    Options
    I ran a mile and a half without stopping or walking today!! I haven't done that in years and it feels AMAZING!! :)
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Did not eat any office food. It's a major trap for me, we have all you can eat granola bars, pop tarts, goldfish crackers, rice krispies... just to mention few.
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Mine was yesterday: Group fitness instructor said that each time she sees me I get smaller ! And she told my daughter that she has a skinny mom!! :blushing:
  • goldiesgold
    Options
    I have actually logged my food and exercise properly for a whole 7 days!!!!
  • I'm currently wearing a favourite work shirt that was too tight around my chest and difficult to breathe in.

Now it's perfectly comfortable!
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    I brought all of my breakfasts and lunches into work for the week so I won't be tempted to order unhealthy delivery with coworkers or to go downstairs to the cafe for an afternoon snack.
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have one finally- I ran a 5k today on the indoor track at my gym- I was able to match my previous PR from earlier in the week of 30 minutes! I also ran it with only two breaks- one at the 1 mile point and one at the 2 mile point for 30 second water breaks! It's a big improvement from the Run 3: Walk 1 ratio that I started with 7 weeks ago!
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I compete in the gym. We use percentage of body weight because if we used flat out weight he'd always win since he's twice my size.

I can out lift him in almost all categories, but my favorite is that I can out dead lift him by 25%.

awesome. :)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    someone mentione to my friend how hot i was looking and how i had a fab 'booty'!

since the booty is my nemesis this made me
    422334_1291797173.jpg
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Got any NSV's to share this morning? :)

My daughter early this morning told me out of the blue, when I reached over to give her a hug, that my arms (bicep) are much smaller! She said my arms have shrunk so much that it doesn't even look like I have "Bat wings", anymore! She even asked me to wiggle & wave them to see if they would flap like they use to! LMBO!

It is Very motivating and inspiring for me since the scale has not moved down at all!
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Today I put on a dress I had bought a few months back . . . .
    And it just kept sliding of my shoulder . . . i didn't realize it at first.
    I kept tugging and pulling at it all morning and then it struck me . . .
    I have SHRUNK!
    I wore it all day long . . . and kept tugging at it all day long . . .No cravings and no junk . . . I was content with my too big for me dress :flowerforyou:
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    someone mentione to my friend how hot i was looking and how i had a fab 'booty'!

since the booty is my nemesis this made me

to add to yesterday. I had totake my pants in today!
    especially around the hips and butt!
    2X 422334_1291797173.jpg
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had a few yesterday. one i posted about and the others I just kept to myself.

I did my very first pullup without assistance (I actually did 1.5 but whos counting!)

Then I did 45mins of P90X followed by an hour of a basketball game without sitting out even for a minute.

I'm hurting hardcore today but i feel so good!
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    Hello! I'll just pop in on this here awesome topic, hope that's alright =D

My NSV for today is that I did so well at my HIIT today! Just yesterday I increased my intensity to Phase 3 [of this protocol I am following meant to build beginners up to HIIT: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ultimate-8-week-hiit-for-fat-burning-program.html] and it was SO MUCH HARDER! I felt a bit nauseous and I had to skip the 7th high interval in order to pace myself and keep going. I did finish the workout.

But TODAY, I did all 11 high and low intervals without stopping and I feel so good to have made it the entire workout through! Woohoo!!!
  • Julie7741
    Julie7741 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My NSV was last night- but I will count it for today! I bought new jeans in August- they were 12's. They have gotten too big. You know how the waistband slips down and shows your crack every time you bend over? And the seat of the jeans becomes baggy on your butt?

I decided to buy some new jeans last night. Size 10's fit like a charm!!! Coming from a size 18, I didn't think I would ever see a size 10.
    Here's the weird thing. The scale hasn't really moved more than a few pounds since August. I have felt stuck. I am 10-15 lbs. from goal and can't lose any more. I guess I am gaining some muscle :)
  • sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My NSV was today! I have been wanting to get up early and work out before going to work...today I did it, and it was great! I think it was such a good start to my day that I will do this a couple days a week from now on!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I walked down the hallway this morning wearing one of the pairs of 'skinny' pants I bought last year.

My husband started laughing because I was so much thinner now than when I bought them, the seat of the pants was empty and flapping in the breeze.
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My husband grabbed my butt/hip last night as he walked by me. He said, "awww...there's not as much to grab anymore!"

I replied, "maybe not, but what's there has muscle now!"

He said that would work just fine, and that he was proud of me. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!