Options

Replies

• demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i do this all the time!
  • Time4achange77
    Options
    So guilty. My morning routine, weigh when I get out of bed, go to the bathroom, weigh again, stretch for 5-10 mintues, weigh again. Feed the cats ( inside and outside cats), weigh again. Make the bed, weigh again, make a cup of coffee, do not sip just weigh again, curse the scales while drinking my coffee, get dress, and go to work!!!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    hit the scale with a big hammer until you get the number you really want :wink:

Ha!!
  • MrsMaui27
    MrsMaui27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm SOoooo guilty of this also! :embarassed:
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I used to put one foot on my digi scale till it reset the weight with a different one. Then weighed, making sure I wasnt leaning forwards or backwards....(forwards if heavier, backwards is lighter). Then turn the scale 45 degrees, and do the same thing. One direction (N E S W) gives different weights. Then I realized.....thats exhausting. Now I only weigh once every few days if that.
  • goldenaurea
    Options
    Ugh OMG ! Ithought that only happened to me.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    LOL!! yup, especially if its a loss...i always double check to make sure my eyes aren't just being hopeful lol
  • PiperMommy11
    Options
    who else gets on the scale a couple of times to make sure its right? I always weigh myself when i first wake up after i pee. this morning i got on and the first time it said 178 (NOOO) and when i tried a bunch more times it was saying 175.4 a bunch .. i waited a few minutes and it says 176.. so i recorded at 176.... comments?

I weigh myself first thing in the morning after peeing and completely nekkid. :) TMI But I step on the scale.. see the # and then step off and repeat. If the # is the same as the 1st time, I record that number. If it's different... I step on again and usually it's the same as the 2nd #... so I take that. Best 2 out of 3. :)
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My scale doesn't change because once it weighs you, it won't show you a different number unless it has been a few hours or if you weigh like 5lbs different.
  • mandybliss
    mandybliss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My scale weighs me heavier the first time I stand on it. It's a digital and it always shows an error message so I stand on it again and it is lower. I also do it 1-2 times after that to make sure. It is enough to drive you batty. I've started measuring myself in inches as well bc I always notice it before the scale and I want to see the number there. Hubby is in the military so I have one of those pt measuring tapes they use.
  • teerandell
    Options
    I have an older scale and I do the same thing, hopping on and off 2 or 3 times and then I average it.
  • nata100
    Options
    hit the scale with a big hammer until you get the number you really want :wink:

Tthis one was too funny! Love it!
    I like that one to!!!!!!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I had a WW scale that would do that. I could get on it 6 times and it would be a different number each time. I tossed out that stinky scale.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning and have noticed especially on cold days that the first weigh in is sometimes low, so I hop off and do it again. the second number is usually correct and consistent with any addition weigh ins I might do in hopes of seeing that first glitch return.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have an electronic scale that has a "memory," so I put one foot on it and let it reset to 40 pounds, then when I get on again it's a different number. Stupid scales.
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    who else gets on the scale a couple of times to make sure its right? I always weigh myself when i first wake up after i pee. this morning i got on and the first time it said 178 (NOOO) and when i tried a bunch more times it was saying 175.4 a bunch .. i waited a few minutes and it says 176.. so i recorded at 176.... comments?

I weigh myself first thing in the morning after peeing and completely nekkid. :) TMI But I step on the scale.. see the # and then step off and repeat. If the # is the same as the 1st time, I record that number. If it's different... I step on again and usually it's the same as the 2nd #... so I take that. Best 2 out of 3. :)

Lol yes, first thing in the morning after peeing and completely nekkid ;) thats what i do
  • Aplmark
    Aplmark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had a WW scale that did that all the time. I finally just got a new scale and now I do not have that problem anymore.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I have done it, and it does fluctuate, but I've also noticed that the scale at home and the scale at the doctor's office are very close, so I accept the first number that comes up now. It's close enough.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I usually just stand there for like a minuet or two lol
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have to. my scale is notorious for hissy fits. step on - 121. step off. IMMEDIATELY back on 117.2. Off. on. 118. Off. on. 120.3.

Ive had it go from 142 (more than my fiance) to 106 in one step off. you gotta hold your mouth right.

i keep trying until the same number comes up twice.