anyone NOT taking monthly pics NOR measurements? Why NOT?

12346»

Replies

• phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    I'm doing monthly pictures to see how I'm progressing it's quite pleasing to see the difference!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    I am taking photos & measurements. I figure my goal is not weight loss, but tone & definition, and I'm not sure I'll really notice the changes so easily. At first I wasn't going to take photos, but I quickly realized while reading all the success stories that I really did want to see where I started & how far I've come... I wanted something I could quickly look at to remind myself why I had done this & why I should keep it up. So, I took photos on day 6, and will take another set on day 30 to see what, if any, progress has been made.

I also started taking measurements just to see what, if anything, would be shown there as well. I figure if I'm putting this much effort into working out, I'd like to be able to see the before & after in terms of numbers & photo evidence.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    No pictures, no measurements. My initial goal is about 20 lbs, so before and after pictures wouldn't really be all that dramatic anyway.

I'm a little more than halfway there and I can see the difference in the mirror and I can feel the difference in the way my clothes fit and that is MORE than enough for me.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    No pics here....not sure why, I don't think pics of me are accurate. I'm always surprised how much better I look in pictures than in real life. Issues :). I take measurements once in a while but until I see the numbers I want to see I'm going to ignore those too! :D
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    This is my 36th day back, and I have yet to take progress pics (ya know, front, back & side pics), plus I haven't taken my measurements either. Why not? I'm kinda scared to. I HATE taking pics and am scared to see the numbers on being measured.

Well, I'm going to do it today. Today is weigh in day and I'll weigh in later on today, after I workout. I'll also humble myself and have my measurements taken and pics. :embarassed:

Just so you know, your weight goes up after working out. It's not an accurate number.
    You should wait until the day after working out, or weigh yourself first thing in the morning.

And congrats on finally doing it! I used to weigh myself and measure myself every week. It was nice because I knew that at least ONE of those numbers had to change! Even if it's just 1/4 an inch!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    No pics here....not sure why, I don't think pics of me are accurate. I'm always surprised how much better I look in pictures than in real life. Issues :). I take measurements once in a while but until I see the numbers I want to see I'm going to ignore those too! :D

I feel you on the pictures bit. I can see what I really don't like about my butt in person in the mirror (dropped down, not as firm as it used to be and flatter), but in the photos I think "wow, I *wish* it really looked like that*. I think lighting has something to do with getting accurate pictures, and possibly the flash hides some of it as well (especially in jeans).
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    :smile: A few reason:
    1) I'm terrible with a measuring tape and I find it hard to be accurate.
    2) I have Wii Fit which keeps a record of my weight loss
    3) I don't take pictures because I usually just trust the mirror.
    4) the Pics on my phone don't come out great
    5) I have a slow computer so when I finally load the pics on my pc everything crashes
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    This is my 36th day back, and I have yet to take progress pics (ya know, front, back & side pics), plus I haven't taken my measurements either. Why not? I'm kinda scared to. I HATE taking pics and am scared to see the numbers on being measured.

Well, I'm going to do it today. Today is weigh in day and I'll weigh in later on today, after I workout. I'll also humble myself and have my measurements taken and pics. :embarassed:

Just so you know, your weight goes up after working out. It's not an accurate number.
    You should wait until the day after working out, or weigh yourself first thing in the morning.

And congrats on finally doing it! I used to weigh myself and measure myself every week. It was nice because I knew that at least ONE of those numbers had to change! Even if it's just 1/4 an inch!

Thank you so much for posting this! I ALWAYS work-out before I weigh myself, usually later in the evening and for 3 weeks straight, I've gotten lower numbers. This week however, I was UP by 3 whole pounds. I was shocked and miffed. But then my "friend TOM" came to visit later on that night and brought some blasted bloating and water with him. Sorry if that's TMI:blushing:

I'll keep this in mind though--thanks again for posting!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    I hate having my picture taken but I have been taking pics of my progress since June of this year. I should wear the same outfit but I don't. I also have been taking my measurements every month or so. I didn't log them into MFP but write them down on paper to keep track. Sometimes you might not loose weight but you will loose inches is why I track the measurements. I need to make a before and during photo collage someday and post it on my profile here but haven't gotten around to it yet. I have shared some of my pics since loosing 104 pounds with out of state friends and they were very surprised in how much weight I had lost and what I look like now. It was a nice feeling.
    Good luck to all!
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Not taking monthly pics as I'm not a fan of seeing myself in photos, although I took a pic the day I started and another one when I hit 50lbs lost last week. I have my measurements taken every two months along with my Body Fat percentage and BMI. I'll take another pic when I hit 75lbs lost and then again when I hit 100lbs.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Nope on both but I wish I would have now :-(

Me too
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    For me being healthy is the main issue and how toned and how many inches I lose is something I will deal with when I am at a healthy weight and still not happy with the way I look.
    I am not scared of taking measurements or pictures but I feel like at the moment I need to focus on being healthy. Hopefully being slim will come naturally but if it doesn't then I have a long time to change that once I reach my goal weight.
  • Im not taking pictures as im too embarassed / ashamed of the amount of weight ive put on in the last two years. I do weigh in every ten days or so but strictly no pics!! When i get down to the weight i was when i got married, maybe ill be happy with pictures i take - but im a way away from that yet!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!