Does it bother you...

Options
1234568»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I have never encountered anyone acting superior because they eat at 1200 per day. It is way more common to see people who eat 1400 freak out when someone says they eat at 1200 and say that they are ruining their bodies and no one can survive on 1200 a day. Really? 200 calories a day is the difference between life and death? I can understand if someone is eating 500 calories of celery a day, but come on, 200 calories is one donut.

Life is too short to be bothered by such trivial things. Find something worse to be bothered by. Or look inside yourself to see WHY this bothers you so much. Are you happy with your success? If so, be happy and don't worry about others.

What bothers or doesn't bother me is none of your business. And it's not your place to tell me what I need to do to feel better about myself. If anyone seems bothered by this thread, it's you, since you attack my opinion every time I post about this topic. If you disagree, why not keep scrolling and leave me alone? I asked if some people in the 1200 crowd bother MFPers. They don't bother you. You answered the question. Move on.
    You started a thread about what bothers you. You made it everyone's business.

You don't get to now be upset that people take offense to it.
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Most of us what really 'fat; before so 1200 sounds not much as i for one was eating 2000-3000 per day.
    I'm not the most active of people so 1200 keeps me losing 1-2lb a week
    and mfp set me up for that and its working and I feel full- if i dont its my own fault for not eating the right food as the days fee hungry probably ate 300cal choc bar instead of extra veg

We are all here for different reasons, and weigh different amounts, what works for one person doesn another, so noone should judge one person to the next.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options

What bothers or doesn't bother me is none of your business.

Then why did you create a thread about what bothers you?
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ...when people who eat 1200 calories or less brag about how they are "stuffed" eating that amount and "couldn't possibly eat anymore"? Depending on the situation and who you're talking to, the implication is generally that people who eat above 1200 are lazier and have less willpower. I understand wanting to be able to choose your own path to weight loss without being jumped on, but dissing people who are trying to help you isn't the way to do it. :/

Okay. I'm one of those people who eat 1200 (or try by best!) everyday.
    Some days I eat over, usually if i've excerised.
    Some days I do actually feel full.
    I don't show off about it or want to hurt peoples feelings.

to the person saying, how did they get overweight, JUNK FOOD. It's very easy to eat a burger that is high in calories because in reality it isn't a lot of food. I got overweight from unhealthy choices, rather than eating too much. Does that make sense?
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I have never encountered anyone acting superior because they eat at 1200 per day. It is way more common to see people who eat 1400 freak out when someone says they eat at 1200 and say that they are ruining their bodies and no one can survive on 1200 a day. Really? 200 calories a day is the difference between life and death? I can understand if someone is eating 500 calories of celery a day, but come on, 200 calories is one donut.

Life is too short to be bothered by such trivial things. Find something worse to be bothered by. Or look inside yourself to see WHY this bothers you so much. Are you happy with your success? If so, be happy and don't worry about others.

What bothers or doesn't bother me is none of your business. And it's not your place to tell me what I need to do to feel better about myself. If anyone seems bothered by this thread, it's you, since you attack my opinion every time I post about this topic. If you disagree, why not keep scrolling and leave me alone? I asked if some people in the 1200 crowd bother MFPers. They don't bother you. You answered the question. Move on.
    You started a thread about what bothers you. You made it everyone's business.

You don't get to now be upset that people take offense to it.

I said it in the most non-offensive, non-combative way I could. Everyone else responded POLITELY, even if they disagreed. You are the only one who is being rude and deliberately attacking me.
  • madworld1
    Options
    I am never full on 1200 calories... even when I weighed 103 pounds. Yeah, my stomach was smaller. But, I still didn't get full on 1200. I need 1600-1800 to function properly. But, that's just me. :)
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    ...when people who eat 1200 calories or less brag about how they are "stuffed" eating that amount and "couldn't possibly eat anymore"? Depending on the situation and who you're talking to, the implication is generally that people who eat above 1200 are lazier and have less willpower. I understand wanting to be able to choose your own path to weight loss without being jumped on, but dissing people who are trying to help you isn't the way to do it. :/

Short answer: No, it doesn't bother me.

My typical, long-winded response:
    I use this site for logging/tracking, support, and education. Focusing on the education part, I see TONS of conflicting information: small vs. large # of meals, HRM vs. MFP/equipment #s, eat back exercise calories vs. don't, breakfast as biggest meal vs. dinner, yadda-yadda. I take it all in, figure out what works for me, and discard the rest. My diary is open to MFP friends and I enabled my weight loss banner with every post. I rarely eat breakfast but when I do it's usually very small so I can save my calories for when I'm really hungry (@ night). That's what works for me. Were someone to come along and say, "Thou shalt eat a hearty breakfast, NO EXCEPTIONs", I'd be all like, "What-EVzzzzz!" and stick to what works for me. Last time I checked, neither "getting pissed" nor "taking offensive" were listed in the exercise database, so I don't waste my time. I don't religiously eat back my exercise calories, but when I do, I allow myself no more than 50% of them. That's what works for me. Someone comes along and say, "You're doing it wrong!" I just look and my weight ticker and brush my shoulder off. Likewise, when I post, I say "this is what I do" or "this is what works for me". I don't say things like, "You should" or "You shouldn't" or "Don't do that...", etc. because no matter how much info they provide in their post, I still don't know that person as well as they (should) know themselves. I'm not a medical professional or dietician, nor do I play one on TV (or in my mind).

Always remember, with ALL of this stuff, YMMV (your mileage may vary). If you know how to drive, stay in your lane cuz I'm certainly staying in mine!

OP: One last thing: Cheer up, turn that frown upside-down, and let the haters be your motivators! :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I said it in the most non-offensive, non-combative way I could. Everyone else responded POLITELY, even if they disagreed. You are the only one who is being rude and deliberately attacking me.

No one deliberately attacked you, including me. And I didn't say anything that someone else hadn't already said.

You started a thread about your own insecurities and you didn't like the answers so now you're having a meltdown. Enjoy.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Yes, it would bother me if someone was 'bragging' about it, as you say in your post. That sounds like thinly veiled judgment.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time supporting people who aren't eating enough and that would include most of the 1200 calorie people who workout. It isn't healthy.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Yes! It bugs the crap out of me. I've decided they're all lying.

I'm not sure if you're joking but I concur! :)

I admit that I feel this way because I'm incredibly jealous. I want to be stuffed on 1200 calories, I really do! Most days I'm fueling a lot of sitting (medical transcriptionist) so I shouldn't need very many calories. MFP set 1350 for 1 pound loss per week, and on the days I don't manage to exercise, I go to bed hungry on that.
  • jschraeder
    jschraeder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to meet my caloric goal each day yet. I eat more each day, but better choices. My main concern is the balance between carbs, fats, and proteins. I would like that to balance out a little more. Carbs have always been my down fall.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    When you are in starvation mode you don't feel hungry. It is a defense mechanism of the body that thinks it is dying. It is a physiological response. Your body creates a lot of endorphins to protect you. It's not good. It is DANGEROUS! Why not eating becomes addictive.