POLL: How would you prefer to be broken up with?

Options
ohheyy125
ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
Method A: Have them gently break the news to you, possibly lying to make you feel better. "It's not you, it's me" type stuff.

Method B: Have that person intentionally make you hate them. They withhold sex, fight and scream at you over nothing, become just an overall crappy spouse, until you finally have enough and end it with them.

I feel like method B is less cruel? I've been broken up with where I was told "if I was going to date anyone, it would be you. But I'm just not looking to be in a relationship at this point. I love you and your a great girl". My world was shattered.

So, what do you think?

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    C - none of the above

Tell me the truth, if it hurts my feeling so be it - but don't lie and dont get all immature and start causing issues that are not there. If you're not happy and you don't want to date.... bye!
  • ohheyy125
    Options
    Yeah I should have added a C. Just be honest and hope for the best.

Breaking up sucks.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am in the C none of the above camp

I prefer to be told the truth and it quick and over with
  • Kandi150
    Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    D. The truth and a monetary parting gift :o)

Like, we didnt work out but here's a BRAND NEW CAR!!! lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    C. Leave the money on the dresser and walk away.

In reality: just say you want to break up to my face.
  • KeltaRose
    Options

LMFAO!!! This would be ideal... But if not I'll take honesty over bull**** any day!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    yeah, c is the best option. i dont want to be lied to. maybe some people do... but for me, honesty is the best bet.
  • ohheyy125
    Options

HAHAHAHA awesome.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    only option would be complete honesty....no drama!

Best of Luck :flowerforyou:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    D: She encourages a threesome with her drop dead gorgeous gf, then afterwards says it has made her too jealous and crazy for us to stay together.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    C - none of the above

Tell me the truth, if it hurts my feeling so be it - but don't lie and dont get all immature and start causing issues that are not there. If you're not happy and you don't want to date.... bye!

I second what Chele said. Man up if you're going to break up with me
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    c

just pull the band-aid off quickly.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Method A: Have them gently break the news to you, possibly lying to make you feel better. "It's not you, it's me" type stuff.

Method B: Have that person intentionally make you hate them. They withhold sex, fight and scream at you over nothing, become just an overall crappy spouse, until you finally have enough and end it with them.

I feel like method B is less cruel? I've been broken up with where I was told "if I was going to date anyone, it would be you. But I'm just not looking to be in a relationship at this point. I love you and your a great girl". My world was shattered.

So, what do you think?

C - honesty

If a guy really broke up with you like that, you need to read 'he's just not that into you' An enlightening eye opener. A must read for everyone dating - men and women alike.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    "Your ***** isn't doing it for me anymore. We should start seeing other people."
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I agree.....

C. None of the above
    &
    D. Being told the truth and nothing but the truth.

I was recently left by my fiance of almost 3 years and he fed me all kinds of lies, then when we where working things out with each other the truth came out that he lied, cheated, used and manipulated me. I would have rather been dumped flat out and told that he cheated on me, than to be led on with all the crap he gave me. If you don't want to be with someone no matter how hard it is tell the truth!!!! It will always be easier in the long run.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    i would have to agree honesty. however there are some people who if u do that they go all psycho and stalkerish on you so you have to make em hate you lol
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    "Your ***** isn't doing it for me anymore. We should start seeing other people."
    LOL Perfect. DeFlect DeFlect!!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Both are cruel. B seems extreme if you really DO hate the person why be with them? A is just selfish.

If you're going to dump me, or someone else- just be straight. Unless they are a difficult personality they are going to take the break up the same way you would. So treat them the same way you would want to be treated.
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    Brutal honesty is what I would prefer.

Also extremely angsty breakup songs playing in the background.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    If you two are constantly making sure the relationship is working for you with COMPLETE honesty, then a difference in what each wants isn't a problem.
    It is always a simple choice of "Am I willing to continue like this?" and if the answer is no... then an honest "___ isn't working for me, and I'm not okay with that." Then THEY have the choice of changing, or agreeing that it's time to move on.