OMG I crumbled and had a MacDonalds

Options

Replies

• Ohsixoh8
    Options
    Just work it into your calories as much as possible and maybe do some extra exercise. Not a big deal. It's that guilt and then binging later because you think you "blew it" that will get you in trouble.

i totally agree with this statement. i loveeeee hoagies, and i eat one probably about once a month. the day i eat one, i make sure i work out after and it makes me feel much better about eating it.
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    but all my friends were going and didnt want to miss out. regret it sooo much but it was sooooooo nice arrrrrrrhhhh xx

Why regret it? It sounds like you enjoyed it. Just enjoy it and move on. McDonalds every once in a while isn't going to hurt you. It's the regret that actually hurts us.

Thats what i'm saying if you enjoyed it don't regret it just don't do it to often deprivation is what causes failure.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat it all the time. No biggie. Just make sure it fits in your calories like so many have said before me.
  • tennillewade
    Options
    Lucky you ~ I went to McDonalds with my daughter this past weekend and after not having it in forever, it tasted gross to me. =(

I'd say you're the luckier one here. Losing one's taste for incredibly unhealthy food is a good thing.

its not all unhealthy they have healthier choices, I wouldn't go for the burgers though lol i've heard its not even real beef..... #rumors
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    Pound back some H2O, go for a bit of a walk and call it a day. If you enjoyed it don't worry. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    I havent had Mcd in years.... :noway: No intentions of changing that. If my friends wanted to go, maybe id get a salad, with none of that fake *kitten* chicken in it....:sick:

I remember loving how it tasted, and how good it was, but, it, like most other processed non-foods, just dont appeal to me anymore. The nasty body feeling id get from eating their food, or anyone elses overly processed and mechanically separated non-foods. would be far more profound and last far longer, than the momentary joy id get from the maybe 5 mins it too to eat a burger from there.

**edit**
    This goes for any foods, from anywhere, that are laden with grease and nonsense, wether its mcd, or fettuccini alfredo from an upscale restaurant made with heavy cream...

If i have learned anything on my journey, it is this.

If you want it, and theres room in your cals for it, knock yourself out... but ill pass.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I eat Egg McMuffins and Chicken McNuggets on the regular. It works into my calorie budget and I've still been able to lose weight. Don't panic, just exercise some more.
  • tennillewade
    Options
    THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MCDONALDS.

Do you think fine french cuisine with lard infused foods is healthier than nutritionaly healthy mcdonalds meal?

its obese who overeat give mcdonalds a bad name

Agree, I don't like macdonald but i agree that you could have done worse like pizza hut or olive garden
  • rebz2945
    rebz2945 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No biggie. I think the ultimate goal should be learning how to eat everything and make everything work for you. If you completely cut out fast foods or other "unhealthy" things, how realistic is it that you'll never have it ever again? You've got to eat normal things. You've got to do normal things. You just have to learn to make it work for you and do it the right way. =] Otherwise, whatever you lose, you'll gain right back.
  • mrsyee313
    mrsyee313 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i adore mcdonalds. when i am running late to the gym i get a cheeseburger, remove half the bun and cut it in half, and make like half a double cheeseburger. 220 calories of pure joy. and i can last through 90 minutes of cardio. same calories as most stupid bars but its so good (to me) embrace it.
  • tennillewade
    Options
    I eat it and have ice cream and other treats too, no biggie, you have to live. I stay on track with calories all week and on the weekend I indulge in some treats but I try to stay close to calorie goal, I am losing!

so you are a weekday dieter!?!?! i kind of think that is counter productive, i'm not trying to say anything bad. Just don't throw a whole good week away over the weekend!
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I find McDonalds to taste rather gross as well except for french fries. I typicaly have 1 plain hamburger and a small fry if I am forced to eat there with family. Otherwise it is Subway ftw!
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Love the calorie count on the drive thru menu! lol
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    it's alright, u can chill. Every now and then I have a 10 piece with sweet and sour....
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I havent had Mcd in years.... :noway: No intentions of changing that. If my friends wanted to go, maybe id get a salad, with none of that fake *kitten* chicken in it....:sick:

I remember loving how it tasted, and how good it was, but, it, like most other processed non-foods, just dont appeal to me anymore. The nasty body feeling id get from eating their food, or anyone elses overly processed and mechanically separated non-foods. would be far more profound and last far longer, than the momentary joy id get from the maybe 5 mins it too to eat a burger from there.

**edit**
    This goes for any foods, from anywhere, that are laden with grease and nonsense, wether its mcd, or fettuccini alfredo from an upscale restaurant made with heavy cream...

If i have learned anything on my journey, it is this.

If you want it, and theres room in your cals for it, knock yourself out... but ill pass.

100% with everything you just said!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I had MCD's today. I'm not sorry. Yum. Kept within my goal too.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I eat there on a rare occassion. I get a bunless .99 cheeseburger, a side salad and the low calorie basalmic vinegarette. The burger is 150, the salad is 20, and the salad dressing is 35. I see that as a good snack or meal. The double cheeseburger without the bun is 290. I think anyone can eat anywhere. They just have to make wise food choices.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I had a Big Mac yesterday.

Guilt free and delicious :)

(...mkay so maybe I took out all the buns....still a big mac!!!)
  • Mscastillo85
    Mscastillo85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Am I the only bothered by the "a" I keep seeing in Mc Donalds O_o I don't eat Mc Donalds but when I do I only eat these few things.... Crispy Chicken Club, side salad, yogurt parfait or apple walnut salad. I don't eat nuggets or burgers because the controversy over the nuggets being left out over night and they turned into liquid plus I don't like nuggets && I don't eat ground beef unless it is ground in front of my eyes by a butcher because "pink goo/slime" that used in ground beef. Its so expensive to eat healthy though. You have to dish out $$$ to live better & longer! You can't even die for free!!!!
  • Mscastillo85
    Mscastillo85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Now if I'm going to eat "bad" I'll hit up WHATABURGER !!! YUMMMM!!!!