what your best tip to give someone

earndien
earndien Posts: 195 Member
hello all, i decided to write on the success stories side cause i want to find out from all
you people who has lost so much weight and look all stunning, what is your tip (or advice) for someone that is
trying to lose.

Replies

• earndien
    mine is drink green tea!!
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Stick with it. It took a while to put it on, it will take a while to take it off.:smile:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Never eat yellow snow.

For weight loss, find what works for you, just be sensible about it.
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    When you start out, take front and side view photos (as much as you may not want to) - I didn't and regret it now.

For the same reason record measurements from the start (for the first 3 months I only weighed myself).
  • earndien
    Stick with it. It took a while to put it on, it will take a while to take it off.:smile:

nice saying
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    My biggest tip is to get more active and have more protein! a protein shake in the morning (6am) keeps me full until lunchtime (12). When I used to have cereal at 6am I used to snack at 9 or 10 am and finish my lunch by 11. That would leave me hungry and going to the vending machines at around 2-3 and its all down hill from there!

Enjoy your exercise. I hate treadmills and running in general. I'm playing basketball twice a week and the weight is falling off whilst im having fun
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Do your best and forget the rest! Take it day by day and never quit on yourself again!
  • Every day matters. Don't say you will start tomorrow, start today!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Dont aim for perfection. Make one change each week, rather than trying to go from zero to hero all at once.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    dont be disheartened by setbacks.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Accountablity, log calories, exercise. One day at a time.
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Log absolutely EVERYTHING... even when it has been a bad day!
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Be consistent, if you fall off get right back on and keep logging.....log everything even when you pig out :) (real eye opener) never give up
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Do not reward yourself with food, you are not a dog.

Log everything, absolutely everything. Remember some drinks have calories in them too.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Don't 'diet', change your lifestyle instead. Diets have a sell by date, a lifestyle lasts a lifetime. x
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Create an energy deficit.
    Set up macros that correspond to your goals.
    Hit your macros.
    Get off the couch and move (most of you should probably be resistance training)
    Rest
    Repeat

And stop making simple things so complicated.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Don't diet! Don't deprive yourself of things you enjoy! PORTION CONTROL! and log it before you eat it.....
    if you bite it, then write it..

MEASURE EVERYTHING!!

And drink water, water, water, water and when you are full go to faucet and drink one more cup of water!!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Don't weigh yourself often. And remember weight loss is NOT linear, it may take a while to settle, and especially at the beginning.

So don't stress over scales.... and remember: people have gone down in 3 sizes, yet have not actually lost "weight". But they are slimmer due to 'fat' loss !!!
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Ignore anyone who says "you must/must not eat this, do this etc."

Only take notice of those who say "this worked for me, it might work for you"

We are all different and have to discover what does and doesn't work for us as individuals.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    set small goals with time lines, rather than thinking of all the hard work you have to do to lose a hundred pounds.

make sure you are making a lifestyle change, not going on a diet

if what you are doing now isn't sustainable for life, it will not last
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!